18XL trolly strength/ use

Blicky Te⚡️la

Just got my mine and have gotten in two practice sessions! 

I live in a 3rd floor apartment in the city so there has been lots of lugging. It got me wondering how reliable/strong the trolly is?

Do you guys use it while the unit is on for an assist? Does that include up and down stairs? 

36 minutes ago, General Principle said:

I live in a 3rd floor apartment in the city so there has been lots of lugging. It got me wondering how reliable/strong the trolly is?

Do you guys use it while the unit is on for an assist? Does that include up and down stairs? 

The most recent version trolley handle should be reliable, provided you use it as intended...

• Never lift the wheel with the trolley while it is extended
  • When closing the trolley handle, always check that both sides "click" into place - if one side isn't locked when you lift it things will not be pretty
  • When walking your wheel definitely have it powered on - the self-balancing prevents sideways strain on the extenders

And yes, if the stairs are shallow enough, the 18XL can assist lifting itself up them - curbs too if you are walking across a road.

You should also calibrate the lift sensor, so that it works reliably for your wheel.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

On 8/24/2019 at 6:56 PM, The Fat Unicyclist said:

The most recent version trolley handle should be reliable, provided you use it as intended...

• Never lift the wheel with the trolley while it is extended
  • When closing the trolley handle, always check that both sides "click" into place - if one side isn't locked when you lift it things will not be pretty
  • When walking your wheel definitely have it powered on - the self-balancing prevents sideways strain on the extenders

And yes, if the stairs are shallow enough, the 18XL can assist lifting itself up them - curbs too if you are walking across a road.

You should also calibrate the lift sensor, so that it works reliably for your wheel.

Lift sensor? Woah...

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Meserias said:

after lift trolley calibration I got this message in Chinese....
wheel it's flat on ground at this point.

What should I need to do to completely calibration ?
(step by step)

translate.jpg

That means something like... "now lift your wheels, please"

The full instructions should be;

1. Turn on your wheel and connect the app.
  2. Have the wheel upright, with the trolley handle down and start the calibration.
  3. The wheel will beep 5-6 times and then present the above message.
  4. Lift the wheel by the handle and it will beep 5-6 times more.
  5. Once the app changes, the calibration is complete and you can pllace the wheel down again - and that is it.
  • Upvote 2