Whoever got the 16x and the Nikola Plus or rode both

Gustesta

2 hours ago, eddiemoy said:

My needs changed, I out grew the 31mph limit on the KS.  Nik+ with its significant headroom to 40mph, i feel better that i'm not going to faceplant with a cut out.  they've upgraded their electronics with much better components so my fear is much less now.  we all know we will never put our wheels through the same thing that marty does, under normal riding the wheel will be fine. 

I tried with the MSX, but didn't like it enough to stick with it.  the Nik+ is more my size and style of riding while still retaining most of the stability of the larger 18" wheels.  I like the torque more as it is more responsive than the MSX/18XL.  Also more agile because of the smaller diameter wheel.  

I still have the KS wheels.  One I still keep in the car for last mile.  I like the size and weight and I don't need the speed in that use case.  This is the first GW wheel I'm keeping.

Gotcha! Glad to hear you found a Gotway wheel that you can trust in. I have tried the Nikola 100V 1845Wh and got it to a scary 59.5 kmh. Phew!
I haven't seen any reports of the MSX 100V 1845Wh though. Maybe because it's custom vs the Nik+ being stock.

Do you use a pebble watch or anything similar to monitor speed?

Yes I see you have quite the collection!

2 hours ago, houseofjob said:

I don't get it :confused1:

You guys want @eddiemoy to give up riding EUC to anywhere practical in his own town? Because to get to even the local market of your own town in suburbia America, you're going to have to ride on at least one local road where cars go 35mph+, one lane only, and there is gauranteed to be no bike lane or substantial shoulder.

You're basically telling him to just ride his EUC as just a toy.

Or ride his 31mph capped wheel congesting car traffic.

We do not have the luxuries of European well designed, well regulated bike lanes, etc, America is too big and too car-centric.

Damn that sounds terrible. :(

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Mike Sacristan said:

Damn that sounds terrible. :(

It is what it is 🤷‍♂️

Most of us in the US, including @eddiemoy, aren't going fast because we want to sustain these speeds to go fast for fast's sake: we do it mostly to get out of the way of car traffic.

Otherwise, there is no practicality and no point in riding an EUC, we might as well drive a car (public transportation as well is very much broken/poorly maintained here too, another thing I envy about Europe).

Edited by houseofjob
  • Like 3