Whoever got the 16x and the Nikola Plus or rode both

Gustesta

9 minutes ago, Gustesta said:

Nikola + won!  Thanks for the video!

No probs! Glad you enjoyed and that it made sense to you.
I prefer the 16X but that's because I have an MSX.
I have done a 38km cruise on the Nik+ and I hit 59.5kmh.
40kmh on the 16X is just as exciting and I love the dancing feel vs the boxy feel of the Nik+.
I have an easier time getting the 16X up to speed compared to the Nik+.

But all in all... the Nik+ is the superior wheel for most people and for most cases.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Mike Sacristan said:

No probs! Glad you enjoyed and that it made sense to you.
I prefer the 16X but that's because I have an MSX.
I have done a 38km cruise on the Nik+ and I hit 59.5kmh.
40kmh on the 16X is just as exciting and I love the dancing feel vs the boxy feel of the Nik+.
I have an easier time getting the 16X up to speed compared to the Nik+.

But all in all... the Nik+ is the superior wheel for most people and for most cases.

And... what about the Tesla?  I think it's one of the best wheels ever made!  Very fast, nimble etc.  I wonder if the V2 is faster than the V1. 

• Upvote 1

48 minutes ago, Gustesta said:

And... what about the Tesla?  I think it's one of the best wheels ever made!  Very fast, nimble etc.  I wonder if the V2 is faster than the V1. 

identical

• Like 3

16 hours ago, Joeyspindler said:

The 16x is like driving a refined elegant Luxury Car with lots of speed, very smooth. 

After 60+ miles in two days getting familiar with my 16x, I think this is a great assessment of the it. Thinking about it, it reminds me of a BMW i3 I had driven a few times. 

I am already pretty comfortable on it, rolling with 30psi. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Joeyspindler said:

I do not own a plus but do own a 84v 1600wh Nikola and also have a Ks16x. I love them both.  The 16x is like driving a refined elegant Luxury Car with lots of speed, very smooth. And the Nikola is like driving a muscle car, very fast and aggressive. Ive probably only have a little over 100 miles on each of them so far. Im sure as I continue to ride them my descriptions may very a little, but that is my initial impression at this point. I really do love both of them. If I'm going out at night I tend to lean towards the Nikola because of the Light show that it produces, but for that reason only.

I see you own a monster v100 as well. How does that slot in in terms of feel in comparison to the two new wheels? Do you find that the nik or 16x replace it in any way for you?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, seage said:

I see you own a monster v100 as well. How does that slot in in terms of feel in comparison to the two new wheels? Do you find that the nik or 16x replace it in any way for you?

Honestly for long rides the Monster is amazing, very smooth and very controllable at high speeds. The down side of the Monster for me is that it doesn’t have a lot of the features that my other wheels have. I immediately miss the trolly handle and the speakers as soon as I’m out and about on it. Plus, it is really heavy.  I don’t think I would ever get rid of it because of the very unique ride experience it gives you but It will never be the wheel I grab to run around the corner or go to the gym on.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Joeyspindler said:

Honestly for long rides the Monster is amazing, very smooth and very controllable at high speeds. The down side of the Monster for me is that it doesn’t have a lot of the features that my other wheels have. I immediately miss the trolly handle and the speakers as soon as I’m out and about on it. Plus, it is really heavy.  I don’t think I would ever get rid of it because of the very unique ride experience it gives you but It will never be the wheel I grab to run around the corner or go to the gym on.

ASDkad. Its so hard to decide, haha. Luckily i have lots of time before I can buy it. I mean speakers wise, im okay as i barely use mine on my XL. I like my headphones and id rather just buy a lil portable one and have it on my bag instead. Also the handle, ive seen folks make modded ones and attach em. Seems to be pretty common so i'd probably do that, although it wouldnt be even close as good as the XL. Now the weight may be an issue, but im kinda ready for that. 

I live out in the boonies, and a lot of the rides i need to take to get downtown are anywhere from 30km - 70km round trip rides. Being able to sit down and cruise at speeds would be nice. I can go pretty fast and pretty far on my XL and its comfortable too, but i feel like as a boonie wheel, the monster would be good, haha. I got a chance to try the nikola today and it scared me with the way it handled. So different from what im used to. But i feel like it still may be too close to my XL to justify buying it. Like it wouldnt fix a problem i have, it would just sit in the same category as the XL. 

7 hours ago, Gustesta said:

The Tesla is an awesome wheel! It's not impossible for a Tesla rider to outrun a Nikola or MSX rider. Tesla is actually the best bargain out there followed by the 18XL and MSX.

5 hours ago, yourtoys7 said:

A+ for this, just sold msx, purchased nikola 84v and feels little slow already, LOL... Its gonna be Nikola 100v or MSX 100v

The Nikola 84v must have been a bit slower than the MSX by around 2mph? Not that it matters. How did you feel about the differences in the ride between them? I much prefer the feel of the MSX weight distribution. That might all change with the 1845 Wh 100V model though.

Anyway I solved the speed problem with the 16X. I only use my wheels for fun. If speed = fun then more speed = more fun? This could go on forever haha. Wobbly wheel it is! Non stop excitement! For now...

4 hours ago, Joeyspindler said:

The Monster is one of those wheels that I have been keeping my eyes on for some time... but damn it's just so big. I'm short so I wouldn't have to bend down too far to grab the handle haha. Hopefully I will get to try one someday.

4 hours ago, seage said:

ASDkad. Its so hard to decide, haha. Luckily i have lots of time before I can buy it. I mean speakers wise, im okay as i barely use mine on my XL. I like my headphones and id rather just buy a lil portable one and have it on my bag instead. Also the handle, ive seen folks make modded ones and attach em. Seems to be pretty common so i'd probably do that, although it wouldnt be even close as good as the XL. Now the weight may be an issue, but im kinda ready for that. 

Bose Micro Soundlink is sooooo good. Sounds way better than 16X, Nikola, 18XL. Easy to snap onto to shoulder strap of backpack. Has microphone for voice commands. Easy button to pause music so you can keep your phone stashed away.

4 hours ago, seage said:

I live out in the boonies, and a lot of the rides i need to take to get downtown are anywhere from 30km - 70km round trip rides. Being able to sit down and cruise at speeds would be nice. I can go pretty fast and pretty far on my XL and its comfortable too, but i feel like as a boonie wheel, the monster would be good, haha. I got a chance to try the nikola today and it scared me with the way it handled. So different from what im used to. But i feel like it still may be too close to my XL to justify buying it. Like it wouldnt fix a problem i have, it would just sit in the same category as the XL. 

This is true. It would fit in the same category. It would give you a bit of a different feel and allow for a higher top speed but that's about it. Doing up to 70km ride could be tedious so a Monster 100V would definitely be an upgrade for sustained high speed and comfort.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Mike Sacristan said:

The Nikola 84v must have been a bit slower than the MSX by around 2mph? Not that it matters. How did you feel about the differences in the ride between them? I much prefer the feel of the MSX weight distribution. That might all change with the 1845 Wh 100V model though.

Anyway I solved the speed problem with the 16X. I only use my wheels for fun. If speed = fun then more speed = more fun? This could go on forever haha. Wobbly wheel it is! Non stop excitement! For now...

Its weird to be honest, I miss smaller/ tilted msx pedals, stability, speed (it feels slower than 2mph, lol).

What I like about Nikola, smooooth, response/ acceleration, easier to turn and maneuver in traffic, handle/ troley (works much better than anticipated), 

I'll be doing review after few hundred km, I'll share much more.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, chrisjunlee said:

16X: 650 miles.

Nikola 100V Plus: 220 miles - still evaluating. Need to get grips.

There's aspects I love about both, but currently, if I were to keep one, it would be the 16X, no question about it. 

Super interesting to hear the pulls for each. Im trying to understand everyones ride styles to understand why they might choose one over the other. Then im gonna make a gang of money and buy all the wheels. 

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, seage said:

Super interesting to hear the pulls for each. Im trying to understand everyones ride styles to understand why they might choose one over the other. Then im gonna make a gang of money and buy all the wheels. 

Same as the z10 - people give it an hour and call it garbage. The 16X's stock took me 300 miles before I began to even start appreciating it.

Likewise, I'm giving the Nikola a fair 300 mile chance before I decide which one to keep.

1 minute ago, chrisjunlee said:

Same as the z10 - people give it an hour and call it garbage. The 16X's stock took me 300 miles before I began to even start appreciating it.

Likewise, I'm giving the Nikola a fair 300 mile chance before I decide which one to keep.

I think i remember you saying in another thread that you really werent feeling the 16x. Possibly looking to sell at one point? Glad that you're enjoying it now though. Although that is after 2 firmware patches that have changed how it handles, and time to get used to it. Its gotta be night and day from that mten. From my short ride on the nikola after basically being surgically attached to my 18XL, it felt like i stepped onto a mech. It was so strange. It most def would take me miiiiiiiiiiiiles before I could even say I knew how to ride it. The jump is so huge. 

5 minutes ago, seage said:

I think i remember you saying in another thread that you really werent feeling the 16x. Possibly looking to sell at one point? Glad that you're enjoying it now though. Although that is after 2 firmware patches that have changed how it handles, and time to get used to it. Its gotta be night and day from that mten. From my short ride on the nikola after basically being surgically attached to my 18XL, it felt like i stepped onto a mech. It was so strange. It most def would take me miiiiiiiiiiiiles before I could even say I knew how to ride it. The jump is so huge. 

I put the bulk of those 600+ miles on v1.01 - the firmware update didn't really change much to me, or maybe I just accepted the quirks of the 16X.

I'll be selling one once I've given the Nikola 100V a fair chance. That's 300 miles to me, so in about a week. You can read my day to day impressions for both wheels on my wheelogs (see signature).

Edited by chrisjunlee

44 minutes ago, chrisjunlee said:

16X: 650 miles.

Nikola 100V Plus: 220 miles - still evaluating. Need to get grips.

There's aspects I love about both, but currently, if I were to keep one, it would be the 16X, no question about it. 

Can you explain why you would keep the 16x over nikola plus?  Literally everyone who has tried Nik+ and 16X has said the Nik+ is the superior wheel.  I have a nik+, but haven't ridden 16x.  I know the 16x has a better trolley and I like the way it looks better, but when it comes to riding...it seems unanimous that Nik+ is better.

39 minutes ago, photorph said:

Can you explain why you would keep the 16x over nikola plus?  Literally everyone who has tried Nik+ and 16X has said the Nik+ is the superior wheel.  I have a nik+, but haven't ridden 16x.  I know the 16x has a better trolley and I like the way it looks better, but when it comes to riding...it seems unanimous that Nik+ is better.

I get asked this at least twice a day, and each time I try to write up a nuanced essay - and my wrists are hurting as a result @_@

This is my early answer:

Follow and refer people to my wheelog please :)

Edited by chrisjunlee

11 hours ago, Gytis said:

What is firmware version?

Latest one.

17 hours ago, photorph said:

Superior as in speed? Sure.
Superior as in agility, feel, refinement? No.
16x is a hard wheel to understand and people won't understand it on the first ride as it rides different from most other wheels.

I will try to meet up with my friend Tobbe and we can do some acceleration tests.
Him and his 90kg on his Nik+ 1845.
Me and my 64kg on my 16X.

Who do you think will accelerate faster?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Mike Sacristan said:

Latest one.

Superior as in speed? Sure.
Superior as in agility, feel, refinement? No.
16x is a hard wheel to understand and people won't understand it on the first ride as it rides different from most other wheels.

I will try to meet up with my friend Tobbe and we can do some acceleration tests.
Him and his 90kg on his Nik+ 1845.
Me and my 64kg on my 16X.

Who do you think will accelerate faster?

Nik + I think, but let's see it!  Then swap wheels and do the same.

Edited by photorph
  • Like 2