KingSong App email registration issues?

eucinsea

10 minutes ago, prasket said:

Figured out what it was, even though I was using email I still had to choose a phone country code. 

Maybe someone from KS will see this bug and report it.

iOS app v1.3 

oh its been around since the apps inception lol.. when using phone number registration you have to set the country code, and then also include the country code in your phone number...

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Micheal Shen said:

Yes, need country code. It's not a bug.

Why would you need a country code for email? The bug is that the country code should not even be on the email form. :)

If you are trying to capture the country of user it might be easier to ask for that and set the country code on phone if needed.

• 2 months later...

I’ve managed to register with email, however there doesn’t seem to be a way to login with the email account. The login screen simply says « enter mobile number » and that is all. If I put the email address in that field it turns me down with « account doesn’t exist » when I know it does as KS just sent me password reset code there.

iOS version 1.3 (latest)

Am i missing something or is it just not possible to login with email?

Edit: I got to unlock the speed by crating a new account. At no point did I go through that login screen though, once account created it asked whether I wanted to unlock.

Still no firmware update working. Would like to try on android if it could help but no device. Maybe I could try an emulator.

C0FFD173-936F-400E-96CD-36C40602EFFA.png

Edited by null

I have Android App and as far as I remember I can change the login method from Phone number to mail address.

What's that third-party login down there?
Maybe stupidly translated, so click on it. :efee612b4b:

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, buell47 said:

I have Android App and as far as I remember I can change the login method from Phone number to mail address.

What's that third-party login down there?
Maybe stupidly translated, so click on it. :efee612b4b:

I tried pressing and dragging everywhere, the third party login is empty :/ but indeed on registration page switching to email is at the bottom. New account didn't require to go through a login screen so at least i got to unlock the speed that way.. 

I do suggest creating a trash email account and using something like a burner phone for app usage.  Red flags..(no pun intended..) went up as I decided to try and link Bluetooth music to the app and it requested access to your phone contacts...wtf. I guess it's no concern if ur call history don't have govt/military in there to link urself to data harvesting. 

• Like 1

phone number works way better just make an account with phone number and be sure to not only select the country code from the dropdown but to also include your country code in the phone number as well as area code