Gotway Nikola Annoying bluetooth sound

21 minutes ago, Lavabo said:

Do we need the 25 second relay or the 10 sec as pictured is sufficient?

10-seconds is more than enough time.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, D3m0nzz said:

As a note: I got a 100v 21700 Nik in this week and it does not seem to make this sound. Just a beep for turn on and then a double beep when connection to EUC World has been established. 

GW finally nailed down this ?...
could someone else also confirm that on new Nik+ annoying very loud startup sound has been removed ?

Edited by Meserias

• 2 weeks later...
8 hours ago, Steve Oh said:

I can’t remember if it was Speedy Feet or Wrong Way who also said the Nikola Plus 21700 doesn’t make the annoying startup noise. I will try and find a link..

If this is the case, I shall be quite happy

I'd like to take a minute and suggest a different approach to the problem. 

Without tampering with the actual speakers or the bt module, if we know where it takes its power and place a small switch with one arduino board the also has a bt or WiFi connection to just switch the thing on and off when we want it not when the wheel starts. 

The only requirement is to have the USB of the gotway wheel swapped outside-in for power. 

I'm thinking of playing with one raspberry zero w and then if I succeed switch to arduino. 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Lefteris said:

I'd like to take a minute and suggest a different approach to the problem. 

Without tampering with the actual speakers or the bt module, if we know where it takes its power and place a small switch with one arduino board the also has a bt or WiFi connection to just switch the thing on and off when we want it not when the wheel starts. 

The only requirement is to have the USB of the gotway wheel swapped outside-in for power. 

I'm thinking of playing with one raspberry zero w and then if I succeed switch to arduino. 

that works. arduino with a small relay, use it to cross one side of the speaker wires. delay for the time needed, then right when the sound starts, the arduino cuts the path, then reconnects. easy

• Like 1

That wouldn’t remove the sound, it would still play every time you want to use the speakers. And you’d be ”tampering” multiple wires anyway. Sounds overly complicated and expensive when the $2 relay board can do the switching for you automatically, and without ever playing the startup sound.

Edited by mrelwood
  • Like 1

On 2/23/2020 at 10:35 AM, Steve Oh said:

I can’t remember if it was Speedy Feet or Wrong Way who also said the Nikola Plus 21700 doesn’t make the annoying startup noise. I will try and find a link..

I purchased a 21700 Nik+ in november, still has the startup noise.  Probably the latest batches have it removed...

• Like 1

I found out the how to with the switch relay from @Afeez Kay

And I quote :

received_520553978658602.thumb.jpeg.b9df53d043bbe981ea47bf01dc6422d7.jpeg

Plus video that works

The item model is 

NE555 Delay Timer Switch Adjustable 0-10sec With NE555 Electrical Input 12V 10A

And you can find it in your local stores, mine was <1km away!!!!! 

• Like 2

Why they dont make a firmware update available to avoid this sound !!!!  Beh i already ordered my relay .. waiting for the parcel...will swap the speaker in the same time!

The thing is that some new Nikola models don't have that annoying sound, only previous versions.

I've also bought 2 relays but i'm waiting for the wheel as we speak, it has the new 21700 cells and i hope i won't have to tamper with it's innards. 

On 3/5/2020 at 4:00 PM, Lavabo said:

Why they dont make a firmware update available to avoid this sound !!!!  Beh i already ordered my relay .. waiting for the parcel...will swap the speaker in the same time!

Because Gotway does not build their wheels to have updatable firmware. They just keep pushing new models to fix the issues inherent in past ones. 

• Like 2

I also bought 2 x relay @Lavabo and i got my brand new Nikola Plus 1800Wh 21700 cells yesterday and it has the annoying sound :'( 

@D3m0nzz i know about the firmware not being able to upgrade it, only change boards, so i'm gonna soon install the relay cause, yeah, it's a bit annoying :-/ :P 

Not too much, but it's something in the morning :( 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Lefteris said:

I also bought 2 x relay @Lavabo and i got my brand new Nikola Plus 1800Wh 21700 cells yesterday and it has the annoying sound :'( 

@D3m0nzz i know about the firmware not being able to upgrade it, only change boards, so i'm gonna soon install the relay cause, yeah, it's a bit annoying :-/ :P 

Not too much, but it's something in the morning :( 

Oh well :facepalm: I know you were hoping.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Since we are confined, ive started the speaker/bluetooth relay swap.

Seems my board is different, my power +100V is in the opposite corner from the drawing up there  (Red connector)

11V from the one on the opposite side

forum1.jpg

forum2.jpg

Edited by Lavabo
  • Like 1