WIFI file transfer app

Bob Eisenman

So....I was attempting to set up a share folder on my Windows 10 laptop so I could transfer files (recent 1080p video and resized 360 VR media to view on a 1080p max Android screen) to my Android device for viewing. After all...with certain Android VR apps and a pair of Merge VR goggles my Android smartphone is also my 360 VR setup. Although history tells me my network administrative skills are spotty...I'd set up share files in the past with (relative) ease on Windows XP or Vista using my older local networked wireless routers. It was late at night, I was anxious to set up something for transfers, I could ping between devices on the network but I'd missed something in the setup (or security) and the shared folders on my laptop were not visible from my Android device. 

My flash drive (about $10) with a dual micro USB/standard port had ceased to be recognized on the Android device....time to replace it!

Short term Solution: (works like FTP)

*****WIFI File Transfer (Pro) app****

(GooglePlay Store)

1_install the app

2_paste the provided network.address:port#

into the laptop's Chrome browser

3_use the interface to transfer files from the laptop or to browse/retrieve files from the Android device.

Faster than Bluetooth....Works with Windows10.

I turned the Firewall off on the laptop but can't say for sure if it was necessary to do so. My local network is not connected to the internet so...no obvious  security problems exist with my wireless router which uses a password.

My old 'goto' apps accomplishing the same function as 'WIFI file transfer Pro' failed to see the share folder......so this new file transfer App was a winner for me. 400 MB transferred from laptop to Android in about 10 minutes.

WiFi file transfer app

Edited by Bob Eisenman