KS18xl ewheels rapidcharger always green light

NylahTay

So I've had my KS18xl since April/May. I got the rapid charger with it, and tend to use that to charge my wheel during the day as needed, but always use the original charger at night. 

I started to notice that sometimes my rapid charger won't charge the wheel. As soon as I plug it into the outlet and wheel then turn it on, it goes to a green light, no matter what percentage the wheel is at.

At first I thought it was because the wheel was hot, as I started having intermediate issues originally where it would work occasionally and other times it wouldn't. 

However now it's been 5 days since it has worked and I'm not sure what I can do to troubleshoot. I'm not very electrically inclined. Is there a fuse or something I might need to check? I've tried multiple outlets. 

I'm thinking about biting the bullet and purchasing a second speed charger as the 18xl is my main mode of transportation, and it's my only wheel that I own that is fast enough to ride on the streets. 

Edited by NylahTay

I have had this problem since I got my fast charger, but I have been able to charge the wheel by changing the total percentage setting to <%100. Does fiddling around with that knob or the amperage knob allow you to charge? Either way I am following this thread because I want to know how to fix it. 

I've tried 80, 90% and 100%. I've also tried setting the amp to different settings too. I normally keep it at 5amps. 
I've tried turning it on then plugging it up. 

Edited by NylahTay

If you know someone with a multi meter to check the DC voltage being delivered at the EUC charge plug when connected to mains 

Maybe a dodgy connection ,internal fuse  ????

Edited by Gaz Bon

This isn't something that's straightforward to diagnose without some test equipment. And most importantly, your #1 priority is to make sure it's not the wheel that's at fault - if it is, well, you have bigger problems that compromise your safety.

I would recommend contacting Jason (assuming you bought it from him) to see if this is a common failure case.

Please keep us posted on this :)