Lets see your Peddle mod!

Elliott Reitz

I'll start with my peddle mods. 

First was my Ninebot One e+ which extends forward with pieces cut from a snow shovel.  The screws and cut plastic help traction though the upward curve is just a little more than ideal.

Then when ordering my Gotway MSX 100V I bought a pair of Nikola peddles.  They're bigger than the MSX peddles though I had to cut holes in the middle of them to add magnets

But then, I found these old curtain weights were easy to screw-on to the original MSX peddles.  So I think I like these slightly better than the Nikola peddles now because they down stick down so tightly like the Nikola peddles did.  Oh, and they're swapped L/R because I like them longer and wider in the front. 

20190718_155824rc.JPG

20190820_161337c.JPG

Edited by Elliott Reitz
+

• 5 weeks later...

I made some longer pedals for my Monster a while ago, they definitely help with acceleration and braking (to an extent, the Monster’s large wheel diameter can only provide so much torque). I cut them from a 0.190” thick 6061 aluminum sheet and then removed the stock pedal plate and bolted them on, putting grip tape over it after screwing them in. I’ve since had to make small holes in the grip tape to tighten the six screws every once in a while, but other than that I haven’t had any issues. Since the forum’s total file size limit is very small, here are some pics:

https://imgur.com/a/gvjCmNH

• Like 3

On 9/19/2019 at 9:42 PM, Nick McCutcheon said:

I made some longer pedals for my Monster a while ago, they definitely help with acceleration and braking (to an extent, the Monster’s large wheel diameter can only provide so much torque). I cut them from a 0.190” thick 6061 aluminum sheet and then removed the stock pedal plate and bolted them on, putting grip tape over it after screwing them in. I’ve since had to make small holes in the grip tape to tighten the six screws every once in a while, but other than that I haven’t had any issues. Since the forum’s total file size limit is very small, here are some pics:

That's fantastic!  I now have the Nikola pedals on my MSX but even those are smaller than my feet.

Edited by Elliott Reitz
Pedals ≠ Peddles

2 hours ago, Dancer said:

My pedal mod

Oh man, if you're making MSX compatible pedals... the main thing is pedal length, especially in the big toe area. 

In other words, if just 1/2 of the width extends frontward (like my own peddle mod, but nice like you're doing) its a huge help riding. 

Also, FWIW  went back to the Nikola pedals because they're also wider than the original MSX pedals.  I had them off till I cut the bottoms and insert magnets mid-pedal so they'd stay up while trolly'ing.  The magnets barely work though because the lower ridge in the case holds them out 1/4" or so. 

• 4 months later...

I personally have embedded neoprene foam into my Nikola clone pedals. This absorbs road vibrations and makes for a more comfortable ride. I ride in hard mode, and the handling of the wheel remains uncompromised. I can still carve quickly and easily.

(I also use vicious grip tape so that I don't slide around)

• Like 1

On 9/19/2019 at 6:42 PM, Nick McCutcheon said:

Nick, you should sell those, I have big feet and the Nikola pedals are still too small for me. @Nick McCutcheon

Edited by Fuerte
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, Fuerte said:

Nick, you should sell those, I have big feet and the Nikola pedals are still too small for me. @Nick McCutcheon

I've considered it, but due to the mounting method, the plates may rip themselves off after only a few crashes and I'm not sure I want to sell something that has an inherent design flaw like that. You may want to look into making some DIY powerpads out of some neoprene foam and double sided tape. Pedal length can only help so much, and at a certain point, you'll need something to help you wrench the wheel forward. They're super easy to make, I've added some to an MSPro and they're awesome! If you're interested, I'll post pics/links later when I have the wheel with me.

• Like 2