Afeez Kay's legendary EUC world tour 2019 (new wheel info galore!)

Afeez Kay

8 hours ago, Diana Chiu said:

I don't know how to add a cat meme like Chris just did, but please imagine one, if it helps me with my plea.

1. Search Giphy.com 
  2. Click into GIF
  3. Right-click & select "Copy Image Address" or similar
  4. Paste into EUC forum post
  5. Hilarity ensues 🐱

giphy.gif?cid=790b761156f6382d5933e3dd50giphy.gifgiphy.gifgiphy.gif

Edited by houseofjob
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Asphalt said:

Make it reliable for riding daily in the rain.

This. Many including myself out of necessity need to ride in rain at times but when I do I have more concern for the safety/reliability of the wheel than anything else.

• Upvote 3

They are also working on this e-skateboard.. very sturdy.. I will add more details when I arrive in back to the UK.. just leaving to Beijing.. hope to meet up with @Kuji Rolls

2FAA416E-A7D6-49AC-8D2E-F9712E30B670.jpeg

Edited by Afeez Kay
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, OUNCESMUSIC said:

This. Many including myself out of necessity need to ride in rain at times but when I do I have more concern for the safety/reliability of the wheel than anything else.

Gotway already got you covered with the included Nikola shower cap :lol:

+1 for getting rid off the startup sound

@Afeez Kay Thanks for your report. Any idea when this slim 16 incher is due for release?

Edited by wheelr
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, wheelr said:

Gotway already got you covered with the included Nikola shower cap :lol:

+1 for getting rid off the startup sound

@Afeez Kay Thanks for your report. Any idea when this slim 16 incher is due for release?

Probably in the next 4months.. Mr Lin was very excited about this wheel in particular.. I am too 😁

Edited by Afeez Kay
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

14 hours ago, houseofjob said:

Plz tell them to do a 14 x 2.5 wide or better(!) 14 x 3 wide MCM with 2P 21700 Samsung 50E pack

giphy.gif

Okay.. I will ask Mr Lin.. these guys are super busy. They work 8am to 11pm almost daily 

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, Afeez Kay said:

Okay.. I will ask Mr Lin.. these guys are super busy. They work 8am to 11pm almost daily 

well now i can perhaps cut some slack on some of the ahem.. sloppiness ;P thats crazy

Should tell them there really needs to be a better way to transfer cut off information to the rider.  Beeps are not really good enough anymore now that we are entering higher speeds where the wind will make it very difficult to hear.  Need something like official support to send this information to a smart watch to vibrate to notify the rider.

I know wheellog does this but it only does speeds, we need something that will actually send 2nd/3rd class alarm notifications so we are no longer guessing.

Edited by MrRobot
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Yellowman said:

@Afeez Kay so anyone can visit the factory if they contact Gotway beforehand?

@Yellowman, That is pretty much the case.I texted @Linnea Lin Gotway and got the adress and told her my approximate arrival time.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, MrRobot said:

I know wheellog does this but it only does speeds, we need something that will actually send 2nd/3rd class alarm notifications so we are no longer guessing.

With a pebble watch you have multiple speed alarms (that can be conditionally set on battery %) and a custom amp alarm.

27 minutes ago, ir_fuel said:

With a pebble watch you have multiple speed alarms (that can be conditionally set on battery %) and a custom amp alarm.

Ah didn't know that, I'll check that out thanks.  Official support for alternatives other than just the wheel beeping would still be nice though :) 

Edited by MrRobot

12 hours ago, Yellowman said:

@Afeez Kay so anyone can visit the factory if they contact Gotway beforehand?

Not just ‘anyone’ 😁😆 but seriously these guys are the nicest hardworking and passionate group I have met.. not sure Mr Gotway will have time if everyone starts dropping by everyday 😆

• Upvote 1

On 8/20/2019 at 12:33 AM, meepmeepmayer said:

@Afeez Kay I put this into its own thread. Too good to be hidden in the 126V Nikola thread. Feel free to edit the first post (title) as you wish, and keep the info coming:thumbup::clap3:

Poland, China (multiple manufacturers!)... how did you come up with this idea? Isn't this travelling quite expensive? Anyways, awesome!

Don’t forget I went to New York to meet and ride with the EUC crew there too @Tishawn Fahie and Lock Prod.. went to Toronto to ride with the team there too.. Spain( Sevilla and Malaga) And Paris 😁 I am passionate about clean transportation and the EUC is the best first and last mile vehicle on the planet 😁 I should get sponsored shouldn’t I? 😁👍🏾🙌🏾

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

On 8/20/2019 at 7:47 AM, Afeez Kay said:

They are also working on this e-skateboard.. very sturdy.. I will add more details when I arrive in back to the UK.. just leaving to Beijing.. hope to meet up with @Kuji Rolls

2FAA416E-A7D6-49AC-8D2E-F9712E30B670.jpeg

That seems to be the one. A new version of their existing Moonwalk board, without remote, just leaning. 

• Like 1

So while I was on the manufacturing floor at Gotway, I asked if the MCM5 can/will be getting a 2000w motor, and Mr Lin, (owner Of Gotway) said only with a 100v control board.. I obviously told him it will be a great idea. 😁

• Upvote 1