GyroRideRz Protective Gloves

1 hour ago, Tazarinho said:

Was worth the try! :)

In the meantime, pick up some adhesive reflective tape on Amazon. You'll probably have to replace it every now and then, but it's better than nothing and gets the job done ;)

It's what I've been doing with my wrist guards

• Like 3

On 11/13/2019 at 1:45 PM, Brendan Halliday said:

Out of curiosity, how warm do these get? I've had to move to vented gloves over here due to the average max temp being 30 degrees celcius up to 40 some days.

I am still trying to get my review of these finished, but I rode with them in LA last month (which is a similar temperature at this time of year). They are wearable, but I prefer the cold so would not choose to wear these in warmer climates.

Where I live (in New Zealand) that means that I will be wearing them 9-10 months of the year. Only when it is really hot (at the end of summer) will I be looking to switch back to my Flexmeters.

Edited by The Fat Unicyclist
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, travsformation said:

In the meantime, pick up some adhesive reflective tape on Amazon. You'll probably have to replace it every now and then, but it's better than nothing and gets the job done ;)

It's what I've been doing with my wrist guards

Good idea! I'd like to stick some on my helmet as well.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
11 hours ago, mrelwood said:

@GyroRideRz, my friend is also waiting for the V2 gloves. Can you share an estimate on when they might be available to order?

I'm really sorry but for the moment it's very difficult to give a date. :(

I should receive the prototypes to validate the different sizes and the waterproof this week normally because according to the tracking they were in London on Saturday.:cheers:

If everything is ok I send a pair to Roll.nz to test and if they confirm that everything is ok for them too, I validate the launch of the production with my manufacturer. If on the other hand there is a problem then it will be necessary to remake prototypes and it will be the tragedy....:efefc8626c:

So anyway in view of the delivery time France to New Zealand and Pakistan to France I fear that it is not before the end of December or mid-January at best.:efee96588e:

I know that many people were hoping to offer them at Christmas because we have received quite a few requests on this subject, but unfortunately we can't do better, and it would be pointless to start production without being sure that everything is ok just for being available to Christmas because we would then be accused of having just wanted to make a profit on the backs of the wheelers without thinking about quality, which is not at all true.:efef36327c:

I'll give you keep you in touch once(if) i received them this week :)

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Tazarinho said:

I can confirm that the @GyroRideRz V1 gloves absorb the shock of a 100+ kg when traveling at 25 km/h with zero damage to the rider :)

However the plastic inserts do not seem to survive the shock. I guess I'll have to wait until they are sold separately. ;)

IMG_20191122_180042IMG_20191125_081353

I'm really happy that they works and that you didn't have any damages ! :clap3:

In the V2 the protector are reinforced :)

And as for now, as i had protectors on old prototypes gloves, i can send you one pair of protectors for free :), just send me an e-mail with your name if you order it on the shop i'll find your adress in the system, or send me a copy of the invoice if you buy it on one of our reseller :)

• Like 1

17 hours ago, GyroRideRz said:

I'm really happy that they works and that you didn't have any damages ! :clap3:

In the V2 the protector are reinforced :)

And as for now, as i had protectors on old prototypes gloves, i can send you one pair of protectors for free :), just send me an e-mail with your name if you order it on the shop i'll find your adress in the system, or send me a copy of the invoice if you buy it on one of our reseller

I'm also very happy to not have any damage! :D

That's actually a really nice offer! However I bought them over the counter at Vandenborre Mobility, not sure I got an invoice or even a receipt. But I can message you my address if the offer still stands!

7 hours ago, Tazarinho said:

I'm also very happy to not have any damage! :D

That's actually a really nice offer! However I bought them over the counter at Vandenborre Mobility, not sure I got an invoice or even a receipt. But I can message you my address if the offer still stands!

For sure the offer is still standing :cheers: I was asking invoice for be sure someone else will not contact me pretending being you ^^

If you don't have it, just send me a picture of your gloves and your address at contact@gyroriderz.com i'll ship them to you thursday or friday :)

Edited by GyroRideRz
  • Like 3

Sounds like with the V1 buyer's discount code, I will be happy to try V2 and see if I can get on with them a little better.  Sounds like some of my issues have been addressed in V2.  I was going to try another company, but I think I'll just wait for V2 since it's getting cold here and the roads are not in a condition for me to ride on at this time so I can wait.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, FreeRide said:

Sounds like with the V1 buyer's discount code, I will be happy to try V2 and see if I can get on with them a little better.  Sounds like some of my issues have been addressed in V2.  I was going to try another company, but I think I'll just wait for V2 since it's getting cold here and the roads are not in a condition for me to ride on at this time so I can wait.

Thank for your trust :)

I hope you will be fully satisfied with the V2 :-)

10 hours ago, GyroRideRz said:

Guys here are some news : https://www.gyroriderz.com/blogs/le-blog/infos-a-propos-de-la-version-2-des-gants-gyroriderz

We finally received new waterproof prototypes

Thank you for the update!  It is definitely a better idea to thoroughly test new changes in design to ensure that those changes are worth having in the final product.  Indeed if they detract from the final user experience then the change should be discarded and the new final product rechecked.  Don't rush it, we prefer to have the best version of the final product! 

Many thanks for your diligence, and we look forward to news on the outcome of the next prototype.

All the best,

Steve

• Like 3

5 hours ago, E-RIDERZ said:

Thank you for the update!  It is definitely a better idea to thoroughly test new changes in design to ensure that those changes are worth having in the final product.  Indeed if they detract from the final user experience then the change should be discarded and the new final product rechecked.  Don't rush it, we prefer to have the best version of the final product! 

Many thanks for your diligence, and we look forward to news on the outcome of the next prototype.

All the best,

Steve

Big Thanks for your understandings ! And it's a pleasure to see that we are on the same thought !:)

• Like 1

On 11/26/2019 at 6:16 PM, GyroRideRz said:

If you don't have it, just send me a picture of your gloves and your address at contact@gyroriderz.com i'll ship them to you thursday or friday 

Arrived last Friday, just two days after my KS 16X. Great timing! :D

• Like 2

On 12/6/2019 at 2:56 PM, GyroRideRz said:

Guys here are some news : https://www.gyroriderz.com/blogs/le-blog/infos-a-propos-de-la-version-2-des-gants-gyroriderz

We finally received new waterproof prototypes

I really wonder how a glove can be too hot in winter. They sell gloves with heating pads these days :D 

9 hours ago, ir_fuel said:

I really wonder how a glove can be too hot in winter. They sell gloves with heating pads these days :D 

Yes i know it's hard too believe ^^ but in fact the explication is simple :)

Heating gloves and jacket both get a smart fonction to stop heating at a certain point for not being to warm. But here the warm is not smart controlled and at a certain point 

it's become very horrible to wear + the fact that the lose of dexterity when used to the V1 is horrible.

One of the sample is on the way to @The Fat Unicyclist for him to check the other improvement, it will be interesting to see if he confirm all of this feelings :)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, GyroRideRz said:

Heating gloves and jacket both get a smart fonction to stop heating at a certain point for not being to warm.

You say that, but are there thermostats built inside those things? I think they just limit the output voltage based on what power you choose and just let it flow all the time through a resistive heating wire?

On 12/16/2019 at 9:35 AM, ir_fuel said:

You say that, but are there thermostats built inside those things? I think they just limit the output voltage based on what power you choose and just let it flow all the time through a resistive heating wire?

I don't really know how it's works but i wear a heating jacket with 3 mode : Stand by, low heat and high heat. When i set high, once it reach a certain temperature, it automatically drop to stand by, then it maintain a certain temperature. I was selling this jacket last year until my Spanish supplier decided to increase its prices :crying:

I'm not sure, but what's for sure is that it works great. :clap3:

Guys I'll make an official News soon on the shop's news, but you got the information first  :

I've received all new prototypes size ! and will start to test them on thursday and trying to find people having hands for these sizes to be sure sizing is ok.

But they already look very good this time.

gyroriderz_new_size.png

Edited by GyroRideRz
  • Like 3