GyroRideRz Protective Gloves

15 minutes ago, Slashebeest said:

Received mine on monday, they fit perfect(M).

No more fiddling with gloves and wrist protectors.

No problems at all when using my smartphone.

Time will tell how firm they are. but I'm pretty confident they'll last a long time and will survive multiple crashes.

Amzing :-D 

And just for you to know, later if lot of pairs have been sold, the inside wrist protection will also be sold separately, that will allow to change it after multiple crash 

without need to buy an other gloves :) #savingmoney ;)

Thanks a lot for your feedback !

Edited by GyroRideRz
  • Like 3

While these gloves currently look almost identical to the full-finger version of the Hillbilly Wrist Support Gloves I’ve been using for three years, I’m happy to see how keenly the creator takes note of all feedback. That is the way to win people’s hearts!

On that note, I would be all over them if you’d make a warm fall/winter version as well. The fabric on the knuckle side looks just like on the Hillbillies, and for longer trips I need to pull mittens over them already at +10•C.

Maybe it would make sense to make an actual mitten. The cold october wind is cruel at the speeds we ride.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mrelwood said:

While these gloves currently look almost identical to the full-finger version of the Hillbilly Wrist Support Gloves I’ve been using for three years, I’m happy to see how keenly the creator takes note of all feedback. That is the way to win people’s hearts!

On that note, I would be all over them if you’d make a warm fall/winter version as well. The fabric on the knuckle side looks just like on the Hillbillies, and for longer trips I need to pull mittens over them already at +10•C.

Maybe it would make sense to make an actual mitten. The cold october wind is cruel at the speeds we ride.

Once again, some people who already get the hillbily, have buy them after testing are they are definitely not identical to them (and far better they said)

I just hope some of this guys with will post some review comparing the both.

About the winter, i've past the last winter with the protoypes without feeling cold. Sure it's not the same temperature in France but we get some negative temperature too.

The leather is a very good barrier against the cold, but i'm thinking about a pure winter version. Biggest problem is the opening on the side to put them :-/

Do you go to the LA EUC ? As @The Fat Unicyclist will be, and i'm sure he will enjoy to let you try them, and then for sure you will never compare them to the hillbily anymore !

Edited by GyroRideRz
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, GyroRideRz said:

Once again, some people who already get the hillbily, have buy them after testing are they are definitely not identical to them (and far better they said)

I didn’t say anything about the quality of either product, and I have no doubts that your’s is much better. This thread is already on the fifth page and everybody seemed to think that a wrist support glove didn’t exist before. I think it is fair to let people know that another, similiar LOOKING, similarly fastening product for the exact same purpose does exist, and has existed for years. Some may even be interested in the half-finger length variety of the Hillbillies, or a size that you do not yet offer.

Again, I have no doubts that your’s is lightyears ahead in quality. Although I don’t feel mine lacking in any way.

The leather is a very good barrier against the cold,

Sure, but the fabric sections seem to be there for better breathing in the summer. I would need at least a full leather version for the cold fall.

but i'm thinking about a pure winter version. Biggest problem is the opening on the side to put them :-/

I hear you. Perhaps a short fleece flap or such would overlap enough to prevent the cold? On the photos the current design already does seem to close completely.

then for sure you will never compare them to the hillbily anymore !

I only compared the looks, since to me they LOOK almost identical.

Just to be realistic, wether the quality is waaaay better, identical or worse, both products have a nearly identical design, the exact same purpose, pricing is quite close, and most people couldn’t tell them apart unless shown side by side or given for a closer inspection. Your product just isn’t an original design. The touchscreen capability at least is a big improvement, and I’m happy for you if you have managed to improve on the Hillbillies even further!

Edited by mrelwood

2 hours ago, mrelwood said:

Just to be realistic, wether the quality is waaaay better, identical or worse, both products have a nearly identical design, the exact same purpose, pricing is quite close, and most people couldn’t tell them apart unless shown side by side or given for a closer inspection. Your product just isn’t an original design. The touchscreen capability at least is a big improvement, and I’m happy for you if you have managed to improve on the Hillbillies even further!

When GoodYear releases a new tire it remains circular like all existing tires but the grooves and certain details make it different from the others, more efficient and unique.

The devil is hiding in the details :)

Anyway, i'm happy that you enjoying your hillbilly, and as everyone being free to think what they want, I won't debate it anymore with you until you have seen them more closely or try them so that we can discuss concrete things :) 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Mishkin said:

may have helped test it yesterday... it's looking good! :) So good in fact I had to buy a 16X to put in it!

I also tried the gloves, they are pretty good as far as an all in one solution goes. Well made.

Not wanting to hijack this thread, but yes we are testing the prototype EUC Bodyguard for the KS-16X - watch for news on this shortly.

As for the GyroRiderz Gloves - Overall, I really like them. I have some thoughts to discuss with Olivier, and will be posting a review folliowing that...

• Like 2

Guys for your information, lot of people emailed me to ask me to add english version of the store.

It's now avalaible (you can change the site language using the box flag), need still to work on some translation, but non-french people shouldn't have any problem now 

to navigate on the store. 

Don't hesitate to tell me if it's not the case. Thanks in advance to all of you.

Edited by GyroRideRz
  • Like 3

Just got my glove order from Roll.Nz and love them. A lot better quality and feel than I imagined they would be. I also really like the EUC rider logo on one of them. :) Took 7 days total from NZ to Seattle, WA USA not bad shipping time. 

• Like 2

Been out on a few rides here now in cold dark Manchester :) Gloves fit beautifully and work really well. Haven't had any issues using a phone, or even reaching in my pocket for my housekeys, which is usually a faff with gloves on!

Really happy with my purchase. The only thing I need to do now, is figure out a way of attaching my pebble watch to the back of the glove somehow. I'd love to have it attached on show all the time on the glove. Any ideas are very welcome :D 

Edited by Retrovertigo
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, Retrovertigo said:

The only thing I need to do now, is figure out a way of attaching my pebble watch to the back of the glove somehow. I'd love to have it attached on show all the time on the glove. Any ideas are very welcome :D 

Velcro or a elasticated strap 👍

• Like 1

10 hours ago, prasket said:

Just got my glove order from Roll.Nz and love them. A lot better quality and feel than I imagined they would be. I also really like the EUC rider logo on one of them. :) Took 7 days total from NZ to Seattle, WA USA not bad shipping time. 

3 hours ago, Retrovertigo said:

Been out on a few rides here now in cold dark Manchester :) Gloves fit beautifully and work really well. Haven't had any issues using a phone, or even reaching in my pocket for my housekeys, which is usually a faff with gloves on!

Really happy with my purchase. The only thing I need to do now, is figure out a way of attaching my pebble watch to the back of the glove somehow. I'd love to have it attached on show all the time on the glove. Any ideas are very welcome :D 

Guys, you can't imagine how happy you make me reading this ! :clap3:

Thanks you so much :)

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, GyroRideRz said:

@Retrovertigo About the cold, do you confirm what i was saying about the leather being a good barrier ?

Even there are not winter gloves ?

Yeah they are more than enough to keep out the cold. I wouldn't like them if they were any thicker. I have been riding in the middle of the night when it has been getting really quite cold at times here, and my hands have been perfectly warm :)

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Retrovertigo said:

Yeah they are more than enough to keep out the cold. I wouldn't like them if they were any thicker. I have been riding in the middle of the night when it has been getting really quite cold at times here, and my hands have been perfectly warm :)

Thanks for this feedback :) 

And don't hesitate to give them a rating on the store :P

Edited by GyroRideRz
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, GyroRideRz said:

Thanks for this feedback :) 

And don't hesitate to give them a rating on the store :P

Oh yeah, I did receive an email asking for a rating. Will get on that :) 

edit: I can't seem to get the email review to work? I can give it a star rating and fill in each box, but the green button to send the review doesn't do anything? I'm opening it via the outlook.com email site. Cheers

Edited by Retrovertigo

1 hour ago, Retrovertigo said:

Oh yeah, I did receive an email asking for a rating. Will get on that :) 

edit: I can't seem to get the email review to work? I can give it a star rating and fill in each box, but the green button to send the review doesn't do anything? I'm opening it via the outlook.com email site. Cheers

Strange, maybe it's outlook which block it. As i don't see any problem, but i 'll check. 

Anyway thanks for trying to rate it :)

• Like 1

14 hours ago, GyroRideRz said:

Strange, maybe it's outlook which block it. As i don't see any problem, but i 'll check. 

Anyway thanks for trying to rate it :)

Just to let you know that the email asking for a rating, won't open up the rating webpage in either Microsoft Edge or Firefox. I ended up forwarding the email to my Gmail address and it worked fine through that :) Left a review for you. Cheers! :cheers:

1 hour ago, Retrovertigo said:

Just to let you know that the email asking for a rating, won't open up the rating webpage in either Microsoft Edge or Firefox. I ended up forwarding the email to my Gmail address and it worked fine through that :) Left a review for you. Cheers! :cheers:

Thanks for the information ! i'll try to fix that.

Double thanks for your double effort for trying and succeed to leave this review ! :cheers:

I really apreciate, and i'm really happy you're enjoying them :) 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Guys for your information, we are out of stock with M size. We are getting lot of email about when it will be available again so here are some informations :

- First you can check on Roll.nz , E-Riderz and soon on Mobility Center VDB our official resellers if they still have in stock.

- We are now waiting for the new sample of the V2 and we hope received them at the end of october to check and test them. It's only when all will be check and test that the new production will be launch, so i don't think we can have new stock before at better mid december. All depend of the sample we will received and if they will be all good directly or not.

Here we are, i'm sorry for all people who are now waiting to order M size, but i can't do better for now. :( I will post some picture of the new sample once received.

And just for be clear as i have already said to people by email, this new version of the gloves has been possible thanks to all people who buy the V1 and i want to thanks all of this buyers that's why there will be a special discount code (effective until you use it even if it's in 2 years) for all every people who buy the V1 to get the V2 at a better price. :cheers:

Thanks again to all people on this forum who made this adventure possible, thanks to their very good advices in MP and trusting me in buying the gloves.:thumbup:

Edited by GyroRideRz
  • Like 3