GyroRideRz Protective Gloves

1 hour ago, ir_fuel said:

Took them for a ride today. Well, what to say:

They are obviously hotter than just wearing wrist guards, but that's not a surprise now is it? :D

The fact that they open up so high up the glove (it's like putting on a wrist protector) makes them really easy to put on, even with sweaty hands. My Knox gloves are a lot harder to put on since I still have to push my hand through.

I didn't really notice them when riding, which means comfort is good.

The tactile thumb and index finger work very well. I got my phone out of my pocket and tested Google maps and pinching worked flawlessly. This is something that's impossible to do with my Knox gloves. If I want to do something useful I need to take them off.

All in all the first test was very positive. Of course I didn't fall down on them (I'll leave that test to others) but I'm pretty sure my normal wrist protectors won't be seeing much usage anymore now I have these.

Thanks for your review ! :thumbup:

I'm so happy that it's full positive !  :efefc8626c:

I'm also glad that you confirm that comfort is good, as this is a point on which i've really insist about with my manufacturer, first version was horrible to wear after 30 minutes 

Edited by GyroRideRz

My large gloves came today and they seem great! First impressions are that they are very well made. Easy to put on and feel secure once strapped in. I see no reason why they would be any less effective than my current triple eight guards. Excited to use them once Toronto winters kick-in and see how warm they keep my hands. 

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, spoonwoo said:

My large gloves came today and they seem great! First impressions are that they are very well made. Easy to put on and feel secure once strapped in. I see no reason why they would be any less effective than my current triple eight guards. Excited to use them once Toronto winters kick-in and see how warm they keep my hands. 

That's great ! :D i'm so happy to read this :clap3:

8 hours ago, stephen said:

Might try a pair are they a tight fit i think my hand is 9-10cm i don't want them loose though 

Hi Stephen, 

It's really hard to answer, as you can strap it and make it tight as you need but what i can say it's that if you had small hand so the M fingers length will be to long for you, and you will lose  the benefit of finger touch. 

Honestly, i would recommand you to wait for a S size if we succeed to get the requirement to launch an other production.

Edited by GyroRideRz
  • Like 1

I received a pair of Medium (my normal glove size) and they fit pretty well.  Fingers were correct length and they can be put on very easily.   They are easy to put on and off because of the large opening in the side that extends all the way to the knuckles, this seem like a good design feature. Great dexterity in the fingers and hand movements, which can be limited with some product that extent a bit too far into, or on to the back of, the palm. 

The first strap (critical), and the last strap should have at least another 1/2" of length, not sure why there are as short as they are.

I don't find them particularly comfortable on the back on my hands compared to other products.  A nice 2-3mm of EVA foam between the glove and the back wrist guard would make them a lot more comfortable.  I was hoping they would be as comfortable as my regular riding gloves that I was in for over 7hrs yesterday, they didn't meet that level for me.

These are just my initial comments, so I'll have to put them to longer term use to see if they have any break-in period or if I can mod them to my liking.

Ps.. shipping, while seemingly a bit costly, really was priority and great!  The entire checkout was great despite me not able to read French.

Edited by FreeRide

28 minutes ago, FreeRide said:

I received a pair of Medium (my normal glove size) and they fit pretty well.  Fingers were correct length and they can be put on very easily.   They are easy to put on and off because of the large opening in the side that extends all the way to the knuckles, this seem like a good design feature. Great dexterity in the fingers and hand movements, which can be limited with some product that extent a bit too far into, or on to the back of, the palm. 

The first strap (critical), and the last strap should have at least another 1/2" of length, not sure why there are as short as they are.

I don't find them particularly comfortable on the back on my hands compared to other products.  A nice 2-3mm of EVA foam between the glove and the back wrist guard would make them a lot more comfortable.  I was hoping they would be as comfortable as my regular riding gloves that I was in for over 7hrs yesterday, they didn't meet that level for me.

These are just my initial comments, so I'll have to put them to longer term use to see if they have any break-in period or if I can mod them to my liking.

Ps.. shipping, while seemingly a bit costly, really was priority and great!  The entire checkout was great despite me not able to read French.

I'm sorry to see that you are not totally satisfied :crying:but as i said you can send them back i will refund you no problem :efefd0f676:.

Thanks for the remark, about the first and last strap they were originally longer but for me and the 2 other people who tried them on the 2 first prototype 

they were too longer, so i ask for them to be shorter, and now it's seems it was a bad idea, maybe it's better that it's too long for some people than shorter for some other. I'll

think about it and probably ask for 1cm in plus.

About confort, i'm very surprise as i never had any remarks on this. Is it possible that as the straps are shorter for you hand you strap it too much so you had the back wrist guard no more center and then bothered you ? Can you try to strap it a bit less then tell me if it's better to wear ?

Ok, please give me your thought about it with more test if you keep them.

And for shipping, yes it's priority shipping, 7 Days delivery for U.S from France

Thanks for your comments :) 

Edited by GyroRideRz
  • Like 1

@GyroRideRzactually with regards the checkout process, there is something I forgot to mention. I'm not sure if anybody else tried to pay with Amazon Pay? But for me, it just kept telling me that I had been inactive for too long and so it had signed me out of Amazon Pay. If I tried signing in again, it immediately gave me the same error.

It wasn't too much of a problem as I just used a credit card, just thought I'd mention it :) 

1 minute ago, Retrovertigo said:

@GyroRideRzactually with regards the checkout process, there is something I forgot to mention. I'm not sure if anybody else tried to pay with Amazon Pay? But for me, it just kept telling me that I had been inactive for too long and so it had signed me out of Amazon Pay. If I tried signing in again, it immediately gave me the same error.

It wasn't too much of a problem as I just used a credit card, just thought I'd mention it :) 

Big Thanks for the information ! :efee47c9c8:

We will try to resolve this next week.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, ir_fuel said:

I can attest they work when crashing ....

(at least on a Onewheel).

Didn't stop me from breaking a bone in my foot though :facepalm: (so far for being completely "geared up" as I was ...). It was a pretty slow crash too. 8-10mph.

Oooh no😬 how did you slow crash btw

45 minutes ago, ir_fuel said:

Didn't stop me from breaking a bone in my foot though :facepalm: (so far for being completely "geared up" as I was ...). It was a pretty slow crash too. 8-10mph.

Damn, sorry to hear that. :efee565ab0:

You said you broke a bone ? Can you walk ?

20 minutes ago, stephen said:

Oooh no😬 how did you slow crash btw

Curb mounting.

Was doing the same curb a couple of times to get the feel of it. It went over it 3-4 times without much drama but the shock was quite violent, so I tried jumping at the same time the tyre touched the curb to make everything go a bit smoother (as we tend to do with an euc).

Wasn't going very fast, 8-10mph I think. What happened was when I did that little jump it seemed that the lack of pushing weight forward on the board got the tire stuck on the curb edge, so the board got stuck, I continued moving forward, my weight off the board but feet still in contact. The grip tape held on my foot making it turn on its side. When coming down my weight pushed on my tilted foot, and I presume in 99% of cases you would sprain your ankle, but I managed to get it right to that angle where the weight was pushed on the bone on the outside of my foot (metatarsal nr 5). I did a nice roll over all my protection and I thought "not too bad, I rolled it out, no damage here", but my foot hurt. Didn't give it much thought and kept on riding for another 45 minutes.

When getting home I saw it was quite swollen and the next morning it hurt really bad when I got out of bed and put my weight on it, so off to the hospital, and yup, a broken bone :/

I have no idea if you can even gear up to protect yourself from this kind of injury. It sucks though. Riding season is over, and when I'll be back on the road the bad weather will be upon us where I live.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, ir_fuel said:

Yes

with crutches ...

No more riding (or walking normally ...) for the next 6-8 weeks

really sorry for you :efee565ab0:

Curb mounting.

Was doing the same curb a couple of times to get the feel of it. It went over it 3-4 times without much drama but the shock was quite violent, so I tried jumping at the same time the tyre touched the curb to make everything go a bit smoother (as we tend to do with an euc).

Wasn't going very fast, 8-10mph I think. What happened was when I did that little jump it seemed that the lack of pushing weight forward on the board got the tire stuck on the curb edge, so the board got stuck, I continued moving forward, my weight off the board but feet still in contact. The grip tape held on my foot making it turn on its side. When coming down my weight pushed on my tilted foot, and I presume in 99% of cases you would sprain your ankle, but I managed to get it right to that angle where the weight was pushed on the bone on the outside of my foot (metatarsal nr 5). I did a nice roll over all my protection and I thought "not too bad, I rolled it out, no damage here", but my foot hurt. Didn't give it much thought and kept on riding for another 45 minutes.

When getting home I saw it was quite swollen and the next morning it hurt really bad when I got out of bed and put my weight on it, so off to the hospital, and yup, a broken bone :/

I have no idea if you can even gear up to protect yourself from this kind of injury. It sucks though. Riding season is over, and when I'll be back on the road the bad weather will be upon us where I live.

Sometimes there is nothing you can do, even on ways you take everyday something can go wrong. 

good recovery and hope you can ride again without any problems. 

11 hours ago, ir_fuel said:

Sorry to hear this mate. Get well soon.

did a nice roll over all my protection and I thought "not too bad, I rolled it out, no damage here"

Not riding your wheel is going to hurt you even more ☹️ glad you had the protection on otherwise it could of been foot and broken collar bone/arm etc ,, hope you heel quick mate,

Ps! Because this is gloves review post did you put your hands on the floor when you fell ,did the gloves do ok😁

👍you be soon healed 😊

Edited by stephen

37 minutes ago, stephen said:

Ps! Because this is gloves review post did you put your hands on the floor when you fell ,did the gloves do ok😁

Yes they did, since the wrist guard on my left hand is scratched up. Gloves look fine.

37 minutes ago, stephen said:

Not riding your wheel is going to hurt you even more

Let's hope for a soft winter :efef585a74: