GyroRideRz Protective Gloves

So I ordered a pair. I hope they are great, so I can finally phase out my wrist protectors. I guess these will be at least as good as my simple wrist protectors + abrasion resistance.

BTW good idea to also have the thumb tactile. Try pinching with 1 tactile finger on a glove ... it's impossible.

Guys thanks a lot for your trust !  Keep in mind that in all case if you're not satisfied, you can send them back and get refund without any discussion :)

And i hope you will make some review to point the good and the bad things, because my goal is really to make the perfect gloves for all of us, as all of you may know now i love speed ^^, love riding but never without having good protections.

As i had explain, only 50 M ans 70 L size in this first production, has i was not sure that people would like my idea.

But if the half is sold, so i'll launch a new production of about 150 pairs with more size and black and red color, so if you tell me there is some improvements to make before launching a new production i can talk about it with my manufacturer to see if he can do them ! :)

Edited by GyroRideRz
  • Like 2

38 minutes ago, cdoe said:

Is there an insert for that part on palm?gyroriderz-gants-avec-protege-poignets-i

Looks like it has some of slot... Might be good to have a 3d printable part - I imagine it's planned for slider.

Not sure if i had understood your question but, by forcing a little you Can remove the protector. Goal is After some falls where only the palm protector is damaged to change it only instead of buying a New entire pairs or gloves😊 the palm protector will be availaible to buy separately later if people really enjoy theses gloves. 

So if you had 3d printer, yes you Can create and use your piece😊

IMG_20190826_121640.jpg

Edited by GyroRideRz
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, cdoe said:

I thought there's something intended to be put inside that plastic part. I guess I'll find out once my order arrives :)

It's not plastic, it's ABS, plastic is not strong enough to protect anything in case of fall. 

Yes you will see then you could explain me what you mean ^^

Edited by GyroRideRz

4 hours ago, GyroRideRz said:

Not sure if i had understood your question but, by forcing a little you Can remove the protector. Goal is After some falls where only the palm protector is damaged to change it only instead of buying a New entire pairs or gloves😊 the palm protector will be availaible to buy separately later if people really enjoy theses gloves. 

So if you had 3d printer, yes you Can create and use your piece😊

IMG_20190826_121640.jpg

Clever idea to expose the insert for sliding functionality and less bulkiness. But how secure is that fit? Will it stay put throughout a fall? Also do you have any plans to offer a leather free version? Thanks for your hard work.

4 hours ago, wheelr said:

Clever idea to expose the insert for sliding functionality and less bulkiness. But how secure is that fit? Will it stay put throughout a fall? Also do you have any plans to offer a leather free version? Thanks for your hard work.

The fit is really good, you have to force it to unlock it, it can't be remove accidentaly in normal use. But i prefer to let the guys who buy it to give their thought about it when they will receive it :) and as i said, i can try to improve everything needed with my manufacturer so don't hesitate to give your idea and remarks :)

For now no plan to offer a leather free version, but if lot of people ask for it why not. we're a little shop and i'm a wheeler, so if i can make other wheelers happy and make my business fairly, i don't see any reason for not do it.

I'm happy that you aprreciate my work and all the effort i've put in this product which is the first time i'm really decided to create something by myself ! :)

• Like 2

5 hours ago, wheelr said:

Clever idea to expose the insert for sliding functionality and less bulkiness. But how secure is that fit? Will it stay put throughout a fall?

Not wanting to put down the product, but that was my first thought as well. My daughter has a pair of Oxelo wrist guards (own brand for Decathlon) with a virtually identical 'plastic strip and 2 retaining slot' design. On hers, the slots have stretched (as it also appears to have done on the pic of the gyroriderz ones) and as a result the plastic sliders can come out of hers with very little effort. It's always the top that comes out - the end near the palm. I am confident that on hers, they would come out in the event of a fall. We only found this out very recently and needless to say I am in the market for a different design/brand for her.

I will be very interested to hear the buyer reports on these, as the idea of having a glove/guard combo is brilliant.

38 minutes ago, Planemo said:

Not wanting to put down the product, but that was my first thought as well. My daughter has a pair of Oxelo wrist guards (own brand for Decathlon) with a virtually identical 'plastic strip and 2 retaining slot' design. On hers, the slots have stretched (as it also appears to have done on the pic of the gyroriderz ones) and as a result the plastic sliders can come out of hers with very little effort. It's always the top that comes out - the end near the palm. I am confident that on hers, they would come out in the event of a fall. We only found this out very recently and needless to say I am in the market for a different design/brand for her.

I will be very interested to hear the buyer reports on these, as the idea of having a glove/guard combo is brilliant.

there is no problem, constructive criticism will allow the product to evolve and correct its imperfections. :)

I will be very interested to hear the buyer reports on these

I'm really excited to read their reports too.

as the idea of having a glove/guard combo is brilliant.

A BIG THANKS !

Edited by GyroRideRz
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, GyroRideRz said:

But i prefer to let the guys who buy it to give their thought about it when they will receive it :) and as i said, i can try to improve everything needed with my manufacturer so don't hesitate to give your idea and remarks :)

Great business attitude.

For now no plan to offer a leather free version, but if lot of people ask for it why not.

Please add me to the list

I'm happy that you aprreciate my work and all the effort i've put in this product which is the first time i'm really decided to create something by myself ! :)

Of course, you've done quite well. I really like the Protective Gloves™  👍🏻

• Like 1

On 8/26/2019 at 9:15 PM, GyroRideRz said:

Yes but you can't compare normal plastic with ABS ^^ you know what i mean, ABS is strong :)

ABS is "normal plastic". Plastic is just the name for all kinds of, ehm, plastic stuff :D  PLA is also plastic. PET is also plastic.

Look what just arrived

mYXCRHr.jpg

Fit is ok, and the bottom pad too. I also wonder how the bottom slot will fare with lots of wearing. For now it feels snug and I'm pretty sure it will work on impact.

What I don't understand however is why the top plate is off center

5RnEy07.jpg

ybYP9YM.jpg

Why isn't that large part (containing the top plate) more to the left?

If I lift my arm I feel it pushing right below my pinkie. Shouldn't it be more central over the hand?

• Like 1

Ah I think I see the problem.

The issue is that the biggest elastic that you use to tighten the glove is the one going to the right. This automatically pulls the hard plate on the top to the right too, even if you already fixed it with the 2 smaller straps first.

By2fuqg.jpg

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, ir_fuel said:

The issue is that the biggest elastic that you use to tighten the glove is the one going to the right. This automatically pulls the hard plate on the top to the right too, even if you already fixed it with the 2 smaller straps first.

Interesting.. It looks like it could be fixed by counter tension on the plate or better yet a simple, single loop around band.

https://imgur.com/so3yqWT

Thanks for your report.

6 minutes ago, wheelr said:

Interesting.. It looks like it could be fixed by counter tension on the plate or better yet a simple, single loop around band.

https://imgur.com/so3yqWT

Thanks for your report.

Exactly. There is no way for me to pull to the left with an equal force. There is no way to pull to the left at all basically. No matter what direction you put the band it will always pull towards where it is attached.

2 minutes ago, ir_fuel said:

Exactly. There is no way for me to pull to the left with an equal force. There is no way to pull to the left at all basically. No matter what direction you put the band it will always pull towards where it is attached.

Ok ! I see what you mean, at the origin the strap was longer and fix was not strong enough when put, so i've made them shorter it. I do all of this with my hand as model,

maybe i should have try with a bigger hand than mine.

But do you found is a big problem ? what do you think of the gloves quality ?! :)

They look fine, and the fit is ok too. The only downside is the positioning of the top plastic part. The bottom one is a little bit off-center too for me but that's not an issue and it will do its job when falling. Pretty sure of that. The top part is really just for comfort when moving your hand upwards.

Will be using them instead of my wrist protectors on my Onewheel from now on. I'll let you know after a couple of rides. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, ir_fuel said:

They look fine, and the fit is ok too. The only downside is the positioning of the top plastic part. The bottom one is a little bit off-center too for me but that's not an issue and it will do its job when falling. Pretty sure of that. The top part is really just for comfort when moving your hand upwards.

Will be using them instead of my wrist protectors on my Onewheel from now on. I'll let you know after a couple of rides. 

Thanks god, you like them ^^ I'm joking, but it's as exciting as it is stressful for me as i really want to make a good product :)

Waiting your remark after some ride with them, thanks !

• Upvote 1

Took them for a ride today. Well, what to say:

They are obviously hotter than just wearing wrist guards, but that's not a surprise now is it? :D

The fact that they open up so high up the glove (it's like putting on a wrist protector) makes them really easy to put on, even with sweaty hands. My Knox gloves are a lot harder to put on since I still have to push my hand through.

I didn't really notice them when riding, which means comfort is good.

The tactile thumb and index finger work very well. I got my phone out of my pocket and tested Google maps and pinching worked flawlessly. This is something that's impossible to do with my Knox gloves. If I want to do something useful I need to take them off.

All in all the first test was very positive. Of course I didn't fall down on them (I'll leave that test to others) but I'm pretty sure my normal wrist protectors won't be seeing much usage anymore now I have these.

• Like 3