GyroRideRz Protective Gloves

On 8/7/2020 at 11:39 AM, Antec said:

Hi @GyroRideRz how accurate is your size chart?

im a Large in every glove Ive ever worn but your chart is saying im a Medium.

is the chart 100% accurate? i do not want to order the wrong size :)

Thanks

Hello :-)

our chart is really accurate, i remeber only 2 guys who needed to change the size.

Send mle your measure by email at contact@gyroriderz.com if you want me to check :)

• 2 weeks later...

I'm a bit disappointed with my V2 gloves. I didn't have a V1 prior to this. I received my gloves in March, but it was too hot to use them until June (in winter). Then it rained a lot, so I've hardly been out riding. I've found that the leather hole which holds the plastic in place has stretched so much that the plastic sometimes pops out of its place. When the plastic is in place, the tip of the plastic looks to be wearing out the leather, and looks like it will soon wear a hole through the leather. It's strange that the plastic is cut diagonally so that there's a point at the end of the plastic where this can happen.

Would I buy these again? Probably, as there's nothing else on the market yet that is similar. They are comfortable, but too hot for most of the year in Australia. They are effective, having saved me during a fall. (But the issues above were from before the fall.) I think they can be improved in how the plastic is held within the leather.

For a photo, see here: https://imgur.com/a/YuPvkqA

• Like 1

On 8/28/2020 at 3:58 PM, bcarp said:

I'm a bit disappointed with my V2 gloves. I didn't have a V1 prior to this. I received my gloves in March, but it was too hot to use them until June (in winter). Then it rained a lot, so I've hardly been out riding. I've found that the leather hole which holds the plastic in place has stretched so much that the plastic sometimes pops out of its place. When the plastic is in place, the tip of the plastic looks to be wearing out the leather, and looks like it will soon wear a hole through the leather. It's strange that the plastic is cut diagonally so that there's a point at the end of the plastic where this can happen.

Would I buy these again? Probably, as there's nothing else on the market yet that is similar. They are comfortable, but too hot for most of the year in Australia. They are effective, having saved me during a fall. (But the issues above were from before the fall.) I think they can be improved in how the plastic is held within the leather.

For a photo, see here: https://imgur.com/a/YuPvkqA

Hi Thanks for your remark !

About the part you said "Leather thinned by the the tip", we are trying to find a way to change the tip, but in all case the leather is not supposed to break even if it's thinned, i'm not sure if 'im really clear.

About the pop up, this is not supposed to happen and maybe it's a default on your gloves with a bad cut in the leather, you probably only had this pop up on only one hand i guess.

In all case could you please contact me in MP with your order number, i'll send you an other pair to remplace this one as you should have any pop up issue.

I'm happy that they already save you during a fall and that you will still bought them even if they are not perfect !

Thanks ! :-)

Edited by GyroRideRz
  • Like 1

On 8/30/2020 at 5:24 PM, GyroRideRz said:

About the part you said "Leather thinned by the the tip", we are trying to find a way to change the tip, but in all case the leather is not supposed to break even if it's thinned, i'm not sure if 'im really clear.

About the pop up, this is not supposed to happen and maybe it's a default on your gloves with a bad cut in the leather, you probably only had this pop up on only one hand i guess.

In all case could you please contact me in MP with your order number, i'll send you an other pair to remplace this one as you should have any pop up issue.

Hi Gyroriderz, Thanks for taking the time to reply. I'm not sure how to contact you "in MP". I don't know what MP is. I clicked on your name, then tried to find a messaging centre to contact you in this forum, but can't seem to find one.

The leather has not worn a hole through it yet, but I am worried that after only a few uses it is thinning already. Perhaps you're right, in that it will thin but never break completely.

I have had both plastics pop out of the far (distal) hole if I twist my wrists while extended. I've had times I've been riding and look down to see both have popped out of the holes. So now I know not to bend my wrists back.

Someone suggested to me that perhaps I've been sent a V1 rather than a V2? Were these problems fixed in the V2 version? I don't know how to tell if mine is a V1 or a V2, but I had ordered a V2 from PhaserFPV in Australia.

MP is probably the French acronym for Private Message (normally called PM in English-speaking forums). 

Just click the envelope icon on the top right of any forum page. 

There you will be able to "PM" any other forum member. 

9 hours ago, Coco66 said:

MP is probably the French acronym for Private Message (normally called PM in English-speaking forums). 

You're 100% right :D

On 8/31/2020 at 1:34 PM, bcarp said:

Hi Gyroriderz, Thanks for taking the time to reply. I'm not sure how to contact you "in MP". I don't know what MP is. I clicked on your name, then tried to find a messaging centre to contact you in this forum, but can't seem to find one.

The leather has not worn a hole through it yet, but I am worried that after only a few uses it is thinning already. Perhaps you're right, in that it will thin but never break completely.

I have had both plastics pop out of the far (distal) hole if I twist my wrists while extended. I've had times I've been riding and look down to see both have popped out of the holes. So now I know not to bend my wrists back.

Someone suggested to me that perhaps I've been sent a V1 rather than a V2? Were these problems fixed in the V2 version? I don't know how to tell if mine is a V1 or a V2, but I had ordered a V2 from PhaserFPV in Australia.

Hello :)

Check your PM ^^

Edited by GyroRideRz

5 hours ago, GyroRideRz said:

You're 100% right :D

Did I earn a discount? :D

I am planning to buy gloves from you as soon as my wheel arrives with my relocation shipment from Japan (end of Oct)...

Joking. 

I love "aftermarket" in general so happy to contribute. 

Edited by Coco66
  • Like 1

On 9/1/2020 at 9:45 PM, Coco66 said:

Did I earn a discount? :D

I am planning to buy gloves from you as soon as my wheel arrives with my relocation shipment from Japan (end of Oct)...

Joking. 

I love "aftermarket" in general so happy to contribute. 

:lol:

Great ! Thanks :D

There is a discount code if you subscribe to the newsletter ;)

On 9/2/2020 at 12:41 AM, GyroRideRz said:

Check your PM ^^

M. GyroRideRz has been in contact with me. What fantastic after-sales service, even though I bought from a local reseller. This issue has been sorted out in a most pleasant way & I have been mighty impressed at M. GyroRideRz & his service.

• Like 2

On 9/4/2020 at 3:15 PM, bcarp said:

M. GyroRideRz has been in contact with me. What fantastic after-sales service, even though I bought from a local reseller. This issue has been sorted out in a most pleasant way & I have been mighty impressed at M. GyroRideRz & his service.

• 2 weeks later...

Any plan for 3.0, maybe soon next year ;) ?

i’m planing to buy and hesitate between good motorcycle gloves (In this range price you can find really nice one) and this one, but above issues with plastic part is worrying me or maybe it was fixed in between time?

On 9/19/2020 at 12:45 AM, Nicola said:

Any plan for 3.0, maybe soon next year ;) ?

i’m planing to buy and hesitate between good motorcycle gloves (In this range price you can find really nice one) and this one, but above issues with plastic part is worrying me or maybe it was fixed in between time?

Our priority is a summer version for now, and about a V3 we will but not before end of 2021 or beginning of 2022 as really now lot of people ask us for a summer version.

About the issues above, i really think he received a bad pair, this happen some time as we are checking the gloves but we don't try them for hygienic reason and even more now with the Covid-19 :-/

On 9/20/2020 at 9:30 PM, GyroRideRz said:

Our priority is a summer version for now, and about a V3 we will but not before end of 2021 or beginning of 2022 as really now lot of people ask us for a summer version.

About the issues above, i really think he received a bad pair, this happen some time as we are checking the gloves but we don't try them for hygienic reason and even more now with the Covid-19 :-/

Thank you for fast replay.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
13 hours ago, Crooznfbroozn said:

Not trying to be funny here @GyroRideRz - but how are these different from say Burton snowboard gloves?

In my opinion they are more like a motorcycle glove - designed for rougher falls, with knuckle armour and integral wrist guards (both sides).

• Like 2

Just bought the version 2 (black and red, red makes it go faster)

https://www.phaserfpv.com.au/products/gyroriderz-gloves-v2?variant=31864936300621

after reading all the great stories and good after purchase customer service. looking forward to them!

I just recently started using an electric unicycle, dont want to break my wrists, get road rash, and would still like to use my phone! seems like you have come upon the perfect design here!

I am in Australia, so normally heat would be an issue, but its usually pretty cold where I am, and the heat is only ever a dry heat. so should be good!

• 4 weeks later...
On 11/14/2020 at 8:17 AM, Crooznfbroozn said:

Not trying to be funny here @GyroRideRz - but how are these different from say Burton snowboard gloves?

Hi, hum did you compare both, picture and production description ? As i don't know what i can add, it's 2 differents product just when looking at the picture :)

So i can said better then read the product description

On 11/14/2020 at 10:08 PM, The Fat Unicyclist said:

In my opinion they are more like a motorcycle glove - designed for rougher falls, with knuckle armour and integral wrist guards (both sides).

Yes :)

On 11/15/2020 at 8:56 AM, cyborgspike said:

Just bought the version 2 (black and red, red makes it go faster)

https://www.phaserfpv.com.au/products/gyroriderz-gloves-v2?variant=31864936300621

after reading all the great stories and good after purchase customer service. looking forward to them!

I just recently started using an electric unicycle, dont want to break my wrists, get road rash, and would still like to use my phone! seems like you have come upon the perfect design here!

I am in Australia, so normally heat would be an issue, but its usually pretty cold where I am, and the heat is only ever a dry heat. so should be good!

Thanks ! And are you enjoy them ?!

4 hours ago, GyroRideRz said:
  On 11/14/2020 at 12:17 AM, Crooznfbroozn said:

While some snowboarding gear may have internal padding/bracing, they generally lack the abrasion resistance necessary for gear used in street riding and can be shredded by crashing on asphalt. Conversely motorcycle gear tends to have excellent abrasion resistance but usually lacks/rarely has wrist support (due to how one crashes on a motorcycle/holding onto the handlebars). The GyroRideRz gloves are some of the few options that offer both wrist support and decent abrasion resistance.

• Like 2

On 12/14/2020 at 11:16 AM, AtlasP said:

While some snowboarding gear may have internal padding/bracing, they generally lack the abrasion resistance necessary for gear used in street riding and can be shredded by crashing on asphalt. Conversely motorcycle gear tends to have excellent abrasion resistance but usually lacks/rarely has wrist support (due to how one crashes on a motorcycle/holding onto the handlebars). The GyroRideRz gloves are some of the few options that offer both wrist support and decent abrasion resistance.

I use good mc gloves (the Alpinestar SP 8 v2, tactile, super comfy, great finger and knuckle protection, can be had discounted at ca. 100usd) in which I insert d3o hip protection that's cut to fit on the inside of the wrist up to the palm. The cuffs of the glove keep the d3o in place when tightened, its taken out to remove the glove. Also some 3mm leather piece inserted top side to prevent backlash (stays in). Easy and comfy, with real (not just plastic) relatively affordable protection.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 3/2/2021 at 1:42 PM, BondZero07 said:

Any news for summer version because since last september nothing at all !

I wish buy my gloves and i wish to know if i must wait vey long time or not ? ;-)

We are still on it, we should received 2 more prototype mid April, for now we try about 9 prototypes, but none of them was good always something wrong.

Too warm, not protective enough, not confort enough ... As you know i'm the first user of them so I really want a good product. So i don't think we will have a summer version for this summer but maube i'm i'm wrong and i'll be happy with one of the proto i'll receive mid april. I'll keep you in touch once i've test them 

• Like 2

Where to get discount code for Gyroriderz? I know I saw one on IG but cannot find it anymore. 

NM: Found it. Subscribing to mailing list gives a discount code :)

Edited by Namuhan
  • Like 1