So I recently purchased the new S.U.V. hoverboard with 8 inch wheels, and since I already had the original 6.5 inch board I figure I would be the best person to review it. I found that the SUV was much more capable, smooth, and easier over bumps and cracks. As well as being much better on gravel, grass, and other off rad applications. However, the suv rides much higher and feels more awkward to ride. All in all I do prefer the SUV model, however I over paid. I think it is only worth about 60-100$ more. I also made a video for comparison, feel free to check it out through the link below.

Image3.jpg

Image2.jpg

• 5 weeks later...

I don't think it's the best designed two wheel scooter in the market. My points are as follows:

1. There are no rubber protection for bumps and therefore the front and back edges will have to take the hit and eventually wear out or crack over a short period of time. so this design is only for looking good but for long lasting, you can forget it! 

2. Notice the clearance between the glass table and the bottom of the white casing? This is very tiny and if you were to drive over a small stone or anything minimal. it could easily trip the rider off. when you finally open the casing, in that large hollow base there is literally nothing or a big empty space for no reason apart from the designer thought it looks cool. So for me personally, I would rather this design was modified and give more clearance between the underneath of the scooter and the floor. this minimised the reasons for tripping and chances of taking a fall would be minimal - lower risk! 

• 4 months later...

6.5. The 8's will typically have thicker foot pads, if they don't read the weight evenly then you can get an unwanted vibration while riding / turning

Especially for a 7 year old I would recommend the 6.5

6.5 bluetooth model.jpg

On 19 October 2015 at 1:21 AM, MrBump said:

If you doubled the wheel diameter and had one wheel instead of two I reckon you'd be getting somewhere.

Spot on. It was fascinating to see how slow and erratic even the 8" wheel version was compared with a 16" Electric Unicycle, even my 14" KS-14C handles that sort of gravel and dirt track terrain at 10-12MPH with ease.

Hoverboards, as currently designed with the central pivot point and small wheels really do seem to be a technological dead end, not a practical transport on anything less than perfect flat surfaces.

On 3/25/2016 at 2:26 PM, Keith said:

Hoverboards, as currently designed with the central pivot point and small wheels really do seem to be a technological dead end, not a practical transport on anything less than perfect flat surfaces.

Agree honestly, I've begun to get a range of unicycles. The Hoverboard is definitely great to have around the flat though, I've never enjoyed cleaning as much as I do now.

Archived