Why Do You Only Ride EUCs?

Lillian

2 minutes ago, Rywokast said:

why would i want to ever ride anything else?

The first rule of faceplant club is you do not talk about cutouts.

The second rule of faceplant club is you do not talk about cutouts.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Rywokast said:

why would i want to ever ride anything else? i have both hands free, i can maneuver better than on anything else, it is more portable and easier to take around than anything else, and i can get more range than anything else.. why the hell would i want to downgrade to any other PEV? if somebody GAVE me something else i would ride it around for fun, but would never ever choose anything over EUC.. scooters are boring, bikes are boring, boards are not anywhere even close to as versatile or maneuverable or as fast and cant go anywhere near as far, though they are probably fun to ride in their own way

Eh, have you tried the higher end scooters? I can’t imagine someone calling a torquey dual motor 40-60mph scooter boring. 

Yes day to day EUC’s are superior, but the effortless speed and worry free riding a scooter gives has its own usage. 

I’m sure I’ll change my tune about ebikes when I try a dual motor 50+mph one. Single motors just can’t accelerate fast enough to give you a thrill on these bikes. 

Edited by Darrell Wesh
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, LanghamP said:

eScooters are more dangerous than bicycles, because more people crash them per trip.

That was easy.

😑

Most bicyclists learned how to ride a bike at a young age. They’ve developed the art of bicycle riding for years. 

Most e-scooter riders learned how to ride an escooter the same day they crashed it. 

Its not a fair comparison, and why all the studies are bias as I’ve been pointing out to you forever. 

I’m sure if you had rental e bikes with throttles you’d see a lot of crashes because you don’t need to know how to ride a bike when you have one with a throttle. 

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, Darrell Wesh said:

Eh, have you tried the higher end scooters? I can’t imagine someone calling a torquey dual motor 40-60mph scooter boring. 

Yes day to day EUC’s are superior, but the effortless speed and worry free riding a scooter gives has its own usage. 

I’m sure I’ll change my tune about ebikes when I try a dual motor 50+mph one. Single motors just can’t accelerate fast enough to give you a thrill on these bikes. 

ive tried them yea, sure the speed is exhilarating but in reality i do not want to go that fast on a kick scooter lmao.. and the riding itself takes zero skill whatsoever which takes the fun away for me imo, same as bikes theyre just boring all around, preferable to pedaling sure but no more exciting than a regular bicycle.. i like the fact euc riding takes balance and training to get good.. basically nobody could ever hop on one for the first time and go, and no risk no fun :P

51 minutes ago, Darrell Wesh said:

😑

Most bicyclists learned how to ride a bike at a young age. They’ve developed the art of bicycle riding for years. 

Most e-scooter riders learned how to ride an escooter the same day they crashed it. 

Its not a fair comparison, and why all the studies are bias as I’ve been pointing out to you forever. 

I’m sure if you had rental e bikes with throttles you’d see a lot of crashes because you don’t need to know how to ride a bike when you have one with a throttle. 

I'm not putting a qualifier in anywhere. I'm stating electric scooters have higher crash rates and more severe injuries than bicycles do.

You can make that true statement a false statement.

--by comparing experienced scooter riders with inexperienced bicycle riders.

7 hours ago, Rywokast said:

why would i want to ever ride anything else? i have both hands free, i can maneuver better than on anything else, it is more portable and easier to take around than anything else, and i can get more range than anything else.. why the hell would i want to downgrade to any other PEV? if somebody GAVE me something else i would ride it around for fun, but would never ever choose anything over EUC.. scooters are boring, bikes are boring, boards are not anywhere even close to as versatile or maneuverable or as fast and cant go anywhere near as far, though they are probably fun to ride in their own way

You're one of the main members I had in mind when creating this thread. That's a major collection you have :D

For craps and giggles, I gave the OW another chance this morning. I hated it at first but that was because I had normal sneakers on. With Vibram 5 finger shoes, it wasn't bad to ride. Then I hopped on my EUC with my normal sneakers and went flying down the sidewalk, making tight turns (nervously) for the first time and having a blast. I love my V10 but am giving myself a year of experience before adding to the collection. I won't catch up with you anytime soon. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

38 minutes ago, Lillian said:

I love my V10 but am giving myself a year of experience before adding to the collection

I wouild put money on it... Within 6 months you will be looking for something with "just a little more..."!   ;)

It's not that I don't doubt your intentions, but you are showing all the symptoms of someone who has been infected with this disease that we all have, which is (fortunately) incurable!

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

13 hours ago, edwin_rm said:

Indeed! EUC is the only PEV that realistically allows for Dual Wielding using two weapons, one in each hand, while still maintaining full control of all aspects of your ride (such as speed changes and directional changes) for the entire duration of your ride. Would make for a great action movie scene! Agent 007 would be thrilled I'm sure.  

I would love to see what happens when someone has to handle the recoil from a decently sized firearm :D 

But I can see the advantage. You ride towards your target, you pull the trigger and the recoil makes you shoot away backwards at the speed of light on your euc, and nobody saw where you went :D 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, erk1024 said:

@houseofjob Your entire post is a really good summary.  :)

I'm new to the PEV scene. I haven't tried an electric skateboard yet, but they look like fun. Here are the things I learned so far.

Scooters

They are dead simple to ride. I bought an Xiaomi m365 and it's fun while it's accelerating. Then you hit 15mph and the fun ends, and that little motor is just grinding away as you putter down the road a low speed. I came close to buying the Turbo Wheel Lightning or the Speedway V, and that's a whole different world than the low end scooters obviously. But the problem was that the TW was 51 inches and 77 pounds. That's a tight fit in my hatchback with the seats folded down and it's heavy. So I canceled my order just thinking about the portability. Also I didn't think it would ultimately be as fun as an EUC.

OneWheelXR

I bought one of these thinking it would be easier for my daughter to learn, and she could go on rides with me. I also wanted to ride it. That big fat wheel is great in terms of comfort, and over sidewalks, it's a great ride. But on asphalt that has an uneven, slanted or bumpy surface, the board squirms around underneath you. At speed (and I'm talking about 15mph) this can throw you right off the board. And this is the next problem of the XR, you can't bail off of it. It hard to get off even if you're in control. If you are balancing with both feet, and you pick up one foot to step off, then the board tilts and accelerates out from under you. Whenever you get in trouble, the board tends to take your feet out from underneath you and spin you around so you fall on your back or side. On an EUC, if you have to jump off, you generally land on your feet. The worst two crashes my daughter and I had were on the XR. In the end, I decided it was too dangerous.

Electric Skateboards

They look like fun. Haven't tried one yet. One big advantage over traditional skateboards is that you have brakes. The biggest concern I had was that with such small wheels, they are not very roadworthy--especially the ones with urethane wheels.

eWheel

The wheels have more range, speed, and acceleration than anything except a very high end scooter. It fits in my hatchback without putting the seats down, along with all my body armor. It's very roadworthy. It's a blast to ride, really portable and even somewhat of a workout. I get such fun reactions from people when I'm riding it... confusion, surprise, delight.

Great summary.. might use this to describe the deference’s between the Rideables 

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, Darrell Wesh said:

You might want to check out some of the DIY builds people are doing.  Check out Vorteks on youtube.  His single-motor e-bike is powerful enough that he has a hard time keeping the front wheel on the ground at wide open throttle.   Most of the commercially available e-bikes tend to be a bit too tame.

Just now, neurokinetik said:

You might want to check out some of the DIY builds people are doing.  Check out Vorteks on youtube.  His single-motor e-bike is powerful enough that he has a hard time keeping the front wheel on the ground at wide open throttle.   Most of the commercially available e-bikes tend to be a bit too tame.

That’s why I said dual motor. AWD traction . Those DIY builds are death traps 

4 hours ago, erk1024 said:

@houseofjobOneWheelXR

I bought one of these thinking it would be easier for my daughter to learn, and she could go on rides with me. I also wanted to ride it. That big fat wheel is great in terms of comfort, and over sidewalks, it's a great ride. But on asphalt that has an uneven, slanted or bumpy surface, the board squirms around underneath you. At speed (and I'm talking about 15mph) this can throw you right off the board. And this is the next problem of the XR, you can't bail off of it. It hard to get off even if you're in control. If you are balancing with both feet, and you pick up one foot to step off, then the board tilts and accelerates out from under you. Whenever you get in trouble, the board tends to take your feet out from underneath you and spin you around so you fall on your back or side. On an EUC, if you have to jump off, you generally land on your feet. The worst two crashes my daughter and I had were on the XR. In the end, I decided it was too dangerous.

This is a perfect description of what I have been trying to articulate since receiving my Onewheel Pint. Although today I tried different shoes and had a better experience, the first two days I took some hard (indoor) falls. 

If the wheels could talk: 

Me: There's sharp turn. I don't know if I can make it. I'm not good at turn...

EUC:  :efeffe9e4a:  I've got you covered. Remember what you've learned. Let's do it. 

Success. I did it. 

Me: This Pint is not bad. I just lean where I want to gooooo...oh no!

[wheel spins under me and I fall]

Pint: *shrugs* :huh: I mean, what do you want me to do? Did you read the manual? Everybody else can do it.

Edited by Lillian
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

4 hours ago, neurokinetik said:

But then we're just heading in e-motorcycle territory.

5 hours ago, erk1024 said:

They look like fun. Haven't tried one yet. One big advantage over traditional skateboards is that you have brakes. The biggest concern I had was that with such small wheels, they are not very roadworthy--especially the ones with urethane wheels.

You need an off-road board with big wheels to be safe on the street.

One of the disadvantages of most electric skateboards is that unless you get something like a Boosted Mini there is no tail and making sharp corners is a nightmare. 

I have a Boosted Mini S and I find it a lot more dangerous to ride at 18mph than my EUC at 25mph.

• Upvote 1

• 7 months later...
On 8/16/2019 at 1:39 PM, DanH said:

- Compact, small, and fits in my car and garage easily 

- steep learnig curve; I wanted to learn something new.

- something different than what most people were riding

- long range

- free hands, not having to hold anything like a scooter 

- fun, fun!!! I got bored with my scooter so quick. 

ALL of this with the added joy of being dangerous.

Learning something you've never even hardly seen before, sense of accomplishment!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I started on Onewheels and then got into EUC's.  I ride EUC's 99% of the time.  I find the EUC to be more comfortable to ride and less prone to over powering than the Onewheel.

• Like 1

Before EUC i was a eskater, i got about 1500 km on electric skate... It was fun, but the problem is the small wheels.. I usually got 50 km/h but only in smoth asphault. If you want more freedom just get a EUC. Its very fun too