KinsSong KS18XL tyre

Gundars Balodis

Hi!

Wednesday morning, as always, wanted to go to work and discovered that my EUC tyre is flat:efef895ddd:, had to use a bike. In the evening disassembled my EUC, have to say it was pain in ass to get that wheel out of housing, I don't know it's only my wheel or all XLs are now made so, but the Chinese this time did their best, on the wires where they get out of the wheel, they stuck a whole bunch of sealant, maybe it was good enough while it was soft, but now this mountain is rock solid, I managed to get it out but only together with my son I was able to put it back.

and I found that the ordinary little blackberry spike was to blame, that "Chao-Yang" tyre is soft as chewing gum. I would like to know is it possible to buy a better tire somewhere, in the local bike shop they said that they didn’t have tires of this size, and they weren’t in the catalog either, so there was no way to order, are those "Chao-Yang" tyres really the only one option? Perspective often pull out the wheel doesn't make me happy.

7 hours ago, Gundars Balodis said:

I would like to know is it possible to buy a better tire somewhere, in the local bike shop they said that they didn’t have tires of this size, and they weren’t in the catalog either, so there was no way to order, are those "Chao-Yang" tyres really the only one option?

Chao-Yang tyres are not the only option for 18XL.

https://eunicycles.eu/en/tires/49-18-inch-tire.html

5 hours ago, ir_fuel said:

@Marty Backe do you replace your tire every time slime repairs a puncture?

No. Slime seems to be an effective permanent repair. Only once so far did Slime not provide a long term solution. In that case I patched the tube. For the 15+ wheels that I've owned over the last three years I've only had to replace two tubes, because of tube rips where the valve stem joins with the tube. Otherwise it's just been Slime and tube patches.

• Like 3

13 hours ago, Gundars Balodis said:

Hi!

Wednesday morning, as always, wanted to go to work and discovered that my EUC tyre is flat:efef895ddd:, had to use a bike. In the evening disassembled my EUC, have to say it was pain in ass to get that wheel out of housing, I don't know it's only my wheel or all XLs are now made so, but the Chinese this time did their best, on the wires where they get out of the wheel, they stuck a whole bunch of sealant, maybe it was good enough while it was soft, but now this mountain is rock solid, I managed to get it out but only together with my son I was able to put it back.

and I found that the ordinary little blackberry spike was to blame, that "Chao-Yang" tyre is soft as chewing gum. I would like to know is it possible to buy a better tire somewhere, in the local bike shop they said that they didn’t have tires of this size, and they weren’t in the catalog either, so there was no way to order, are those "Chao-Yang" tyres really the only one option? Perspective often pull out the wheel doesn't make me happy.

I can recommend this - https://www.decathlon.de/p/pannen-reparaturspray-fur-fahrradreifen-mit-presta-oder-schrader-ventil/_/R-p-119?mc=1278315. It's cheap, seals & inflate and it really works. Used it several times (in EUC and in a bike) and always worked. It's light and small, so there is no problem to carry it in a backpack. Of course won't seal larger holes or sidewall holes, but Slime won't also. After use, I have never did anything more with the tire/tube. Just inflated tire to nominal pressure on nearest gas station and that's all. I got snake bite on my KS-16 last winter and it still keeps the pressure as for now.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Gundars Balodis said:

I tried to find it on CST website to no avail:(, would br great if you have a link.

Sorry, no... But I will reach out to my contacts regarding availability...

I tried to find it on CST website to no avail:(, would br great if you have a link.

€ 28,37  6% Off | Originale Kingsong KS18l KS18XL eletric monociclo pneumatico tubo Re Canzone EUC parti 18*2.50 pneumatico
https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/6aJlcE8

1 hour ago, phatmike said:
  15 hours ago, Gundars Balodis said:
15 hours ago, Gundars Balodis said:

€ 28,37  6% Off | Originale Kingsong KS18l KS18XL eletric monociclo pneumatico tubo Re Canzone EUC parti 18*2.50 pneumatico
https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/6aJlcE8

That one has the same glyphs as mine... Thanks @phatmike!!!   :thumbup:

On that AliExpress page there was a link to a CST tyre. But it was only 18x2.125. not 18x2.50. can it still be used?

Btw any recommendations for winter tyre for KS-18L?

Edited by EldARon

• 2 weeks later...

I have recently fallen in love with the Chao Yang H-5167 on my KS16S, does anyone know if you can get it in an 18? Would I need it 2.5" or is 2.125" okay on an 18l? I really like the bouncy low-pressure feeling of softer tyres as it helps alleviate knee pain.

• Like 1

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000028439356.html?spm=a2g0s.8937460.0.0.6dc02e0eOkTCyI

This one seems to be "CST Anti-puncture II " tire ....someone from here buy it ?
@The Fat Unicyclist ... is this tire soft or hard how do you feel it ?

later edit: My KS18XL wheel come with CHAOYANG 2.5'' tyre

Edited by Meserias

I changed the original tire of my KS18L (the original was a Kenda 18X2.50) with a CST. I felt a kind of Gyro Effect compared with the Kenda that disappeared after 300 KM (I got used to it).

The tire is softer and a little more confortable then the Kenda but I still think that the Kenda is better for fast carving.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Will Verine Robinson said:

I have recently fallen in love with the Chao Yang H-5167 on my KS16S, does anyone know if you can get it in an 18? Would I need it 2.5" or is 2.125" okay on an 18l? I really like the bouncy low-pressure feeling of softer tyres as it helps alleviate knee pain.

what is your knee pain from? riding?

On ‎8‎/‎29‎/‎2019 at 11:51 PM, Meserias said:

@The Fat Unicyclist ... is this tire soft or hard how do you feel it ?

The CST "anti-puncture" tyre I have on my original 18L rides a little harder than the Chao Yang on my 18XL... But I still think that I like it a little more.

I am planning to sell of the 18L shortly (once I replace the v1 inner shells, but I may swap tyres too and keep the CST...

I have the Kenda fitted on the 18L I have just bought, and in all fairness get on very well with it. The thinness and higher point of contact with my leg help significantly with knee pain and it is a very natural progression from the 16s due to agility 

@interpreterdotcourt the pain I have been having has only come about from riding a 16s for 9 months. I believe it's a combination of the small pedals and wide pads causing me to pinch the wheel against my leading foot and leg, making my right knee slightly out of alignment as I ride. I believe this is exacerbated by the somewhat severe dihedral angle of the pedals, as my flat-pedaled Ninebot E+ has over 7000 knee-pain-free miles clocked, and is a very similar width and shape. I have just bought some XL pedals from @Jean Dublin so will try them on the 16s to see if they help. 

• Like 1