Strange Wheel Noise V10F

Glitched

Hi all,

This wheel hasn't been ridden more than a few hundred km, I'm guessing (don't have the app installed, it drains cell battery when not even on) but on one of my last rides, where I think I drove through some looser sand/dirt, the wheel has since been making noise from a start/stop/reverse or if I just spin the wheel manually even. I  don't want to open this wheel up if I don't have to, but I definitely don't want to risk a cut out or leave this situation to progress even more into something serious.  Any idea what this could be? See the two videos here - one just wheeling it back and forth on my carpet, powered on. The second is rotating the wheel while it's powered off, on it's side. Thanks!

Would you say it's an electrical or mechanical noise? Hard to make out from the video.

Maybe something's stuck somewhere? Try this: take a few pieces of kitchen paper, fold them and wrap them around the tire while the wheel is on the side, and then turn the tire to scrub the inside of the wheel well. Maybe you can get some result that way.

• Upvote 1

The only other thing I can think of is to lay the unit on its side on a table or counter and use a really bright flashlight to try to see between the wheel and the shell as you rotate.  You'll have to do both sides of the wheel.  I checked on my V10f and you can see all the way up.

• Upvote 1

I started having a sound as well when rotating the wheel. I looked from the side and found some object stuck inside and causing friction. I kept rotating back and forth and that object must have feel out or inside and is no longer obstructing the wheel. I wonder if that's something that got picked up from the ground or some small piece of metal / screw from the wheel itself.