Gotway MsuperX 84V fried when no load!

First some background:

My Msx is about 6 months old, less than 1000 km, no issues at all until now.

The day before this happened, I was on a long ride about 40km, 2.5 hours. About 1 km in the mid part of the route the was tricky with smaller hills up and down, otherwise flat. As I was riding with friends, we never went to higher speeds than just over 40 km/h, everything was normal, no alarms at all, battery level at stop 38%. (And it was perfect weather, sunny and 18-20 C)

At home I plugged in the charger for approx. 5 hours (The battery is 1300Wh not 1600Wh).

The next morning, I turned on the wheel just to check battery status, the app showed me it was charged to 85%, perfect.

BUT when I pressed the button to turn off the wheel there was a sound "POFF", and it started to smoke, and smell burnt!

I took the wheel very quickly to put it outside, it was smoke for about 10 seconds.

The lights were still on. However, I managed to turn it off by pressing the button again.

I contacted my dealer (OneWheel Belgium) and he asked me to take pictures and a movie of it, I did so and I'm now waiting for his answers - I assume he is having contact directly with Gotway.

I have always promoted for selecting a local dealer and I really hope my decision to select a European based dealer will help me in this case.

On the pictures of the mainboard you can see it is burnt (mosfets?), but the cables from the engine seems to be OK?

What do you experts think? Will it be enough to change the mainboard? Is it easy to change mainboard? Any ideas on why this happened?

Anyway, I’m happy that this didn’t occurred while I was riding, I’m just thinking what could have happened if I were at the speed of 50-55 kph…

bild2.JPG

bild3.jpg

bild1.JPG

• Upvote 1

Just got new information from OneWheel Belgium, he will send me a new mainboard as soon as he get it from Gotway. I guess I will have to stick with training new tricks on my Inmotion V8 for the next couple of weeks.

On 8/14/2019 at 7:05 AM, MadInMad said:

Just got new information from OneWheel Belgium, he will send me a new mainboard as soon as he get it from Gotway. I guess I will have to stick with training new tricks on my Inmotion V8 for the next couple of weeks.

im also selling msx motherboards, used but hardly. basically new. let me know 

• Like 1

• 1 year later...