Just Received MSX 100v 1845wh with no charger

Hi Guys, I ordered the MSX 100v 1845wh from green and fashion travaling shop (Ali Express) on July 17th and I just received it today. Unfortunately it came without a charger so just left them a note, hopefully i dont have to wait another month for the charger. It does show 100% battery so i will be able to play with it for a few days. 

My question is how can i check that i received the right wheel? is there a way to check if it is the 100v model? and that it actually has 1845 battery? I have connected the gotway app and darknessbot but it does not give me the information i need. I do see that the voltage on standby is 66.6v on the Darknessbot app when it is not moving but not sure what this means. Any help would be appreciated..

Maybe they sent the new 100V charger separately like the Nikola and it will arrive soon.

5 pins on charge port = 100V. Gotways report a false voltage, don't worry about the app reading.

For the battery size, open a side panel and look for the extra battery packs crammed everywhere.

• Upvote 2

Gotway wheels always ship with a little sticker near the charge port that indicators the battery size. I've never heard of someone receiving a wheel that didn't have the stated battery size. But if you need validation, you'll have to open both size panels to inventory the batteries.

If your weight is ~180-pounds than expect to get a minimum of 50 fast-miles from the wheel. If you received a fraudulently marked wheel than you would get substantially less. Personally I wouldn't worry about being cheated out of some batteries. Again, I've never heard of this happening.

I don't know if Darknessbot has been updated for 100-volts, but if so, there will be a setting where you switch the app mode to 67, 84, or 100 volts.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, meepmeepmayer said:

Maybe they sent the new 100V charger separately like the Nikola and it will arrive soon.

5 pins on charge port = 100V. Gotways report a false voltage, don't worry about the app reading.

For the battery size, open a side panel and look for the extra battery packs crammed everywhere.

Thanks! Yes it does have 5 pins! I hope the charger comes soon. Thanks guys 

This is of interest to me, I have an order in place for the exact same wheel. Let us know what happens. 

Another question on your order with the shipping choice as this really confused me with all the Aliexpress sellers. They offer free shipping but 2 options, one being UPS expedited (wheel arrives 12-18 days and has tracking available), the other is also free and is "the seller's method of shipping" but has no tracking and is presumably slower. I am wondering if this is shipping via boat? My question is what the incentive is to choose the seller's method. I wonder if being a dodgy Chinese shipping container import means that you dodge import duties and taxes when it arrives? 

I tried to clarify this point with the seller but my question obviously didn't translate as the response didn't answer my question at all. 

Anybody know? 

6 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

Gotway wheels always ship with a little sticker near the charge port that indicators the battery size. I've never heard of someone receiving a wheel that didn't have the stated battery size. But if you need validation, you'll have to open both size panels to inventory the batteries.

If your weight is ~180-pounds than expect to get a minimum of 50 fast-miles from the wheel. If you received a fraudulently marked wheel than you would get substantially less. Personally I wouldn't worry about being cheated out of some batteries. Again, I've never heard of this happening.

I don't know if Darknessbot has been updated for 100-volts, but if so, there will be a setting where you switch the app mode to 67, 84, or 100 volts.

He has a custom wheel from Aliexpress Green Fashion Traveling, as OEM spec Gotway 100V MSX only come in 1230Wh variants. The only way to confirm is to open the side panels and confirm the presence of a third pack (split into 3 pieces 24S1P and 2x 12 cell packs comprising of the other 24S1P to get it to 1845Wh). 

I surmise the 2460Wh Monster 3 from GF will be similar, although it is easy enough to confirm with a flashlight given its translucent inner shell! 

Edited by Ben Kim
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Mitch said:

This is of interest to me, I have an order in place for the exact same wheel. Let us know what happens. 

Another question on your order with the shipping choice as this really confused me with all the Aliexpress sellers. They offer free shipping but 2 options, one being UPS expedited (wheel arrives 12-18 days and has tracking available), the other is also free and is "the seller's method of shipping" but has no tracking and is presumably slower. I am wondering if this is shipping via boat? My question is what the incentive is to choose the seller's method. I wonder if being a dodgy Chinese shipping container import means that you dodge import duties and taxes when it arrives? 

I tried to clarify this point with the seller but my question obviously didn't translate as the response didn't answer my question at all. 

Anybody know? 

If you ship it direct air, depending on the freight forwarder the seller uses, there’s a fair chance of you paying duties. Expect 5 days for processing/build and 8-10 days to arrive in the USA, all-in 2-3 weeks depending how far you are from California.

Using their 5-6 week (literally) slow boat shipping you will definitely dodge the duties. (e.g. my monster which will take almost exactly 45 days from order to delivery). 

With that said, eWheels is the seller of choice if you don’t want to wait, which will net you faster warranty service, and faster delivery, albeit at a higher price. 

Edited by Ben Kim

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Guys! 

Just received the charger this week and everything seems to be working fine. So for anyone ordering a wheel from Ali Express green and fashion travaling shop the dates were as follows:

Ordered July 17th, 2019 - the expected delivery date posted on the website at the time was August 8th. 

Received UPS notice on August 5th with no tracking information

Wheel arrived without a charger to Los Angeles on August 13th. The battery was charged 100% so it was great to be able to use out of the box.

After emailing with Mr. Chen the charger was shipped and received August 20th. 

Apart from the delay in delivery I would totally recommend buying from them & Mr. Chen was always responsive to my questions,.