AtlasP

List of Larger EUC Events & Regular Local Groups

Posted (edited)

In seeing several larger EUC events (or broader PEV/esk8 events with strong EUC presence) mentioned recently, I tried searching and couldn't find a list of such events, so I decided to start one. While I was at it I figured I might as well start a separate list for active/regular local groups. Criteria for inclusion listed below. These lists are far from complete so I need your help--please share any other events or groups in this thread and I will add them. Edit: Keep 'em coming. :-)

Larger Events

These are larger EUC events (or broader PEV/esk8 events with strong EUC presence), targeting larger regional, national, or international participation.

Regular Local Groups

These are active local EUC groups (or broader PEV/esk8 groups with strong EUC presence), with regular, weekly or monthly rides that are open to the public and have some kind of web presence. (I.e., not just a private group of friends and/or who only ride sporadically and/or where information is only available by txting 'some guy'.)

North America

Europe

Edited by AtlasP
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

• [USA] SF/Bay Area, CA - baesk8 (Bay Area eskate) - don't be confused by the name, that's where all the PEV riders are: https://baesk8.club/ - https://www.facebook.com/groups/baesk8 - Check out @Alien Rides Youtube channel too for glimpses of what's going on.
    (I believe that's the main local riding group there, whereas PEVRA is more of a general advocacy organization.)

-

Awesome thread:thumbup: If you like, it can be moved (now or later) to the Local Meetup forum and pinned to the top. I think it's worth it. Say what you prefer.

Also, I think adding the country (or at least continent) in front will be helpful when the list grows.

@Hansolo You want to add all the French groups and events you know?

(SF->Mexico sounds incredibly awesome!)

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

My wife says the same thing...  :crying:

• Like 3

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, meepmeepmayer said:

Awesome thread:thumbup: If you like, it can be moved (now or later) to the Local Meetup forum and pinned to the top. I think it's worth it. Say what you prefer.

Also, I think adding the country (or at least continent) in front will be helpful when the list grows.

@meepmeepmayer

• Added baesk8 (they have such a great website with a route map and charging stations, etc), thanks. :-)
  • I appreciate the encouragement and offer to pin. I debated between where to put it as the larger events list seemed to belong more in the 'General' forum, whereas obviously the local group list belongs in the Local Meetup forum. Since the latter seems to see so much less activity I figured it would be more effective to put it all together here for now, but as it gets more fleshed out perhaps we should move it and/or at least split out the local group list to a separate thread to be moved/pinned over there.
  • I'll likely split up the local groups section into separate regions (North America, Europe, etc) as necessary depending on the number/location of entries.
Edited by AtlasP

6 hours ago, Hansolo said:

France:

@Hansolo - holy cow! Unfortunately I don't speak French and many of the French groups' online presence are mostly or entirely in French, which makes parsing those extremely daunting for me. Can you tell me which, if any, of those are larger events that might belong in the top group (like the Electric Games in Monsegur)? Or are they all local groups? Until I've decided what I want to do about such predominantly non-English categories, I've decided to link straight to your comment. :-)

I know there's gotta be more of these. Los Angeles? San Diego? Seattle? Denver? Chicago? Montreal? Places in Europe other than France. ;-) Show me the links.. :-)