List of Regular Local Groups & Larger Events

AtlasP

6 hours ago, meepmeepmayer said:

Awesome thread:thumbup: If you like, it can be moved (now or later) to the Local Meetup forum and pinned to the top. I think it's worth it. Say what you prefer.

Also, I think adding the country (or at least continent) in front will be helpful when the list grows.

@meepmeepmayer

• Added baesk8 (they have such a great website with a route map and charging stations, etc), thanks. :-)
  • I appreciate the encouragement and offer to pin. I debated between where to put it as the larger events list seemed to belong more in the 'General' forum, whereas obviously the local group list belongs in the Local Meetup forum. Since the latter seems to see so much less activity I figured it would be more effective to put it all together here for now, but as it gets more fleshed out perhaps we should move it and/or at least split out the local group list to a separate thread to be moved/pinned over there.
  • I'll likely split up the local groups section into separate regions (North America, Europe, etc) as necessary depending on the number/location of entries.
Edited by AtlasP

On 8/13/2019 at 9:35 AM, Hansolo said:

France:

@Hansolo - holy cow! Unfortunately I don't speak French and many of the French groups' online presence are mostly or entirely in French, which makes parsing those extremely daunting for me. Can you tell me which, if any, of those are larger events that might belong in the top section (like the Electric Games in Monsegur)? Or are they all local groups? Until I've decided what I want to do about such predominantly non-English categories, I've decided to link straight to your comment. :-)

Edited by AtlasP

• 4 weeks later...
8 hours ago, Christopher Michel Marin said:

Actually Florida has "EUC Orlando" On facebook and Instagram

I think there is also EUC of Central Florida on facebook. 

That second group seems dead but the first one seems fairly active--added/thanks.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

About Greek we had the EUC.gr website up but it's going to be revamped. 

We don't like facebook that much, some guys are gathered up on it's messenger app, others on viber.

But most of us, hang around our forums as our base!

(tags for search Greece hellas Greek hellenic Ελλάδα Έλληνες ελληνικό group γκρουπ ρόδα ρόδες ηλεκτροκίνητο ηλεκτροκίνηση ) 

Edited by Lefteris
More info and tags

• 2 weeks later...

Southern California rides hosted by me are announced and coordinated on my Telegram group. There's a ride just about every week and the next upcoming ride will always be pinned to the top.

https://t.me/laeucgamesgrouprides

• Like 3

On 12/30/2019 at 7:02 PM, Marty Backe said:

Southern California rides hosted by me are announced and coordinated on my Telegram group. There's a ride just about every week and the next upcoming ride will always be pinned to the top.

https://t.me/laeucgamesgrouprides

I've been wondering about what you had going on. I knew you had a group of friends you seem to ride with regularly in some of your videos, but didn't know if it was open to the public; and then I knew you hosted public rides during the week of the LA EUC Games, but didn't realize it had continued.

It seems your telegram group is currently still named after the LA EUC Games (presumably that's when/what it was created for and you just kept using it). Can you/do you want to change that to something more broadly--and/or what do I call your group? (Or if you don't answer me I'm going to call it "The Backe-aneers". ;-p )

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AtlasP said:

I've been wondering about what you had going on. I knew you had a group of friends you seem to ride with regularly in some of your videos, but didn't know if it was open to the public; and then I knew you hosted public rides during the week of the LA EUC Games, but didn't realize it had continued.

It seems your telegram group is currently still named after the LA EUC Games (presumably that's when/what it was created for and you just kept using it). Can you/do you want to change that to something more broadly--and/or what do I call your group? (Or if you don't answer me I'm going to call it "The Backe-aneers". ;-p )

I decided to keep the name since there is a critical mass of members. I can change what it's called but I can't change the name used in the URL.

I like your name :)

It's fundamentally a meetup location for rides that I organize although it's being used by others to coordinate their rides too, which is great. 

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

@AtlasP, can you please add the eWheel Going Out Group for Washington DC?  We're the first eWheel Meetup group created in the DC area (since 2016) and currently predominantly EUC riders.  Meetup website here...  

I've also just announced our next ride here... 

Thank you in advance!