Nikola... what have you done or will do!

I see there is so many threads about Nikola, I did this or Im planing on doing that. Would be nice to have all in one place. 

Getting my Nikola soon (it has been shipped :))

1.Slime,

2.Replace speakers,

3.Paint or car apply car strip (someone posted earlier but I cant find it now), 

4.Replace grip tape on pedals,

5.Custom leg/ ankle pads.

Share what you've done and links to purchase, thanks.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
45 minutes ago, foxtrotgolf said:

I was going to slime my Nikola+ tire, but was concerned about oscillations and off - balance issues. Has anyone experienced adverse effects from sliming their tire? Thx!

not unless you put in an entire bottle lol.. just do the recommended and you can't tell it's in there.. I have cut open a slimed tube before and it just evenly coats the entire surface it's thick and sticky.. not like a bucket of water randomly sloshing around in there or something haha

9 hours ago, foxtrotgolf said:

I was going to slime my Nikola+ tire, but was concerned about oscillations and off - balance issues. Has anyone experienced adverse effects from sliming their tire? Thx!

Apologies, I forgot to mention, I slimed the tube in that Nikola first thing out of the box. If you haven't noticed anything yet, there's your answer ;)

I never notice any weirdness in slimed vs unslimed wheels. Things like the OneWheel come pre-slimed, I consider it just another layer of protection against flats. It's saved my ACM2 inner tube multiple times!

• Like 1

11 hours ago, foxtrotgolf said:

Hey Nick - that’s right. You told me, but I forgot. Really enjoying my Nikola+! If you have any other models for sale, let me know. I’d be happy to buy from you again. 

That's awesome! I'm glad you're enjoying it :D If Gotway ever comes out with the rumored Tesla successor, I may sell my ACM2 and pick one of those up. I'm having a hard time justifying selling it though, because it's such a good wheel!

On 11/27/2019 at 5:16 AM, chobot said:

I'm a beginner at vinyl wrapping but it does the trick to protect the plastic sides but not bad. ^_^

@Jimmy Chang I remember commenting on one of your videos about the motor pads and the vinyl wrap figured I'd tag you here so you can see it! :D

0.png

Hey what is that pad? It looks perfect for my needs on my Nik+

On 11/28/2019 at 1:22 AM, foxtrotgolf said:

I have the impression that my performance has deteriorated because after SLIME I have to calibrate my V10F more often.
But the V10F is very stable and does not tilt into the corners, so I watch a little change and I'm not used to it. Maybe it's because there are 3 degrees Celsius and the SLIME viscosity is impaired. I have SLIME amount according to instructions. But it may also be because the air in the tire is also hypothermic because of the heat. And I do the calibration at home before I go in 22 celsius And the V10F is freshly removed from the rack so SLIME is swollen in one place. Or I'm just crazy and slime with it has nothing to do it's very subective "feeling" :)

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/27/2019 at 3:16 AM, chobot said:

I'm a beginner at vinyl wrapping but it does the trick to protect the plastic sides but not bad. ^_^

@Jimmy Chang I remember commenting on one of your videos about the motor pads and the vinyl wrap figured I'd tag you here so you can see it! :D

0.png

I like it! Looks like I have a project to add to my list!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/12/2019 at 11:32 PM, yourtoys7 said:

I see there is so many threads about Nikola, I did this or Im planing on doing that. Would be nice to have all in one place. 

Getting my Nikola soon (it has been shipped :))

1.Slime,

2.Replace speakers,

3.Paint or car apply car strip (someone posted earlier but I cant find it now), 

4.Replace grip tape on pedals,

5.Custom leg/ ankle pads.

Share what you've done and links to purchase, thanks

I've been thinking about to replace speakers but only if they stop work.

• 1 month later...

On 12/17/2019 at 6:18 PM, Alessandro Bandin said:

Saw this speaker https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=763399287441494&id=682726205508803 and buy here: Original gotway nikola alto-falante vermelho nikola versão atualizada bluetooth alto-falante gotway euc peças
https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/dtLwG8tw

Sweet, thanks for the tip, I kind of went with a jbl flip 4 with this case: https://www.amazon.com/Protective-Waterproof-Portable-Bluetooth-Carrying/dp/B07XCNLJMZ/ref=sr_1_8?keywords=jbl+flip+4+case&qid=1580713789&s=electronics&sr=1-8

& used these straps to hold it in place on my backpack: https://www.amazon.com/Lekou-Adjustable-Cable-Multipurpose-Management-Black/dp/B07CZGQNY3/ref=sr_1_26?keywords=velcro+straps&qid=1580713819&s=electronics&sr=1-26

it works well!

23 hours ago, chobot said:

IMHO, the speaker on the wheel is lacking bass on the nikola and sounds tin like and the mids could use some improvement but none the less it's a speaker on a wheel! so a mod would be nice! @Alessandro Bandin

Edited by chobot

On 8/13/2019 at 10:51 PM, Gaz Bon said:

Yep must agree A+ the 16X looks like a ripper of a wheel 😉

Just a shame the Nikola doesn’t come with a rear view mirror so you can look at the kingsong

• Like 1