Ninebot Z10 Pro Rumour - Higher Voltage and other changes.

Jean eRide.ie Community

I wonder what the improvements could be? The most important improvements that I would want in the pro are:

- Better integrated trolley 

- More battery capacity for improved range 

cant think of more ...

While some people love the behaviour of the wide low-profile tire, I think a 18x3.0 or even 18x3.5” (if such exists) would open up the markets for a larger audience.

Then again, I’d feel extremely insecure buying a wheel from a company that has burned a lot of bridges with it’s lack of support, and has said to cop out from the EUC business in general.

Remains to be seen what they come up with, if any.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
11 hours ago, ir_fuel said:

Why?

KingSong sells 84V CE certified wheels.

I tried to google it I read somewhere that safe to touch dc voltage is around 60-70 so every dc electronic domestic device that sells in EU should be less than that value but I can't find the info. Maybe I'm wrong... About Kingsongs, well... it's easy to stamp a EU sticker on the wheel (same goes to 9bot ones or other brands)

On 8/13/2019 at 8:25 AM, Girth Brooks said:

Despite the BMS failure I had with my Z10, I would be highly interested in a new model. 

I'm not meaning to take this thread off on a tangent, but I can't send DMs yet since I'm new.  Sorry in advance.  

Girth, could you please describe the symptoms of your BMS failure and how you fixed it?  My Z10 has started giving me a cell imbalance warning and sometimes alarms, limits my speed and tilts back at very low speed (5mph).  TIA

I think Girth bought a whole new battery pack (which comes with the bms).

An expensive solution, but worked I believe.

I wish ninebot would supply bms's on their own. Would save a ton of money. I guess they just dont want people opening up the packs and fiddling.

If mine ever goes tits up there is a very skilled custom battery maker in the uk who I have used before for ebike batteries who I will send it to. Theres every chance he could do something with a failed bms, and he could certainly do something if it was just a duff cell or two. For the purposes of future reference its Jimmy at InSat International. I have no connections with him at all, other than I am confident he knows his stuff with batteries and isnt afraid of custom work.

18 minutes ago, Girth Brooks said:

@Feynman I did end up buying a new battery. One side of my battery stopped being recognized by the BMS. It would not accept a charge via any method possible.

Thanks for the heads-up.  The batteries seem to be very expensive; 2/3 the cost of a new Z10.  I'm having some weird symptoms.  Not sure if it's a bad cell (probably) or the motherboard.

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/18/2019 at 4:40 AM, Max Ramsey said:

The reason manufacturers want to keep below 75V is to avoid falling under the EU Low Voltage Directive (LVD). This covers all electronics with DC voltages between 75V and 1500V.

I couldn’t find any 84V Kingsong wheels that are CE certified in my brief research.

https://ec.europa.eu/growth/sectors/electrical-engineering/lvd-directive_en

KS16X is