Jean Dublin

Ninebot Z10 Pro Rumour - Higher Voltage and other changes.

Posted (edited)

The Z10 PRO? does have a nice ring to it.....

Edited by Hsiang

I wonder what the improvements could be? The most important improvements that I would want in the pro are:

- Better integrated trolley 

- More battery capacity for improved range 

cant think of more ...

Despite the BMS failure I had with my Z10, I would be highly interested in a new model. 

Still very happy with my Z10.

Except for the trolley handle, that is. KingSong still is king in that department.

While some people love the behaviour of the wide low-profile tire, I think a 18x3.0 or even 18x3.5” (if such exists) would open up the markets for a larger audience.

Then again, I’d feel extremely insecure buying a wheel from a company that has burned a lot of bridges with it’s lack of support, and has said to cop out from the EUC business in general.

Remains to be seen what they come up with, if any.

Any news about this rumor ?

i need only one improvment : battery life.

I want a real 80km distance of use with an average speed limit of 40km/h.

I doubt about voltage. Not much benefits and they will have a hard time selling legally in EU about DC max voltage safety limitations.

On 9/7/2019 at 10:41 AM, pollytronman said:

I doubt about voltage. Not much benefits and they will have a hard time selling legally in EU about DC max voltage safety limitations.

Why?

KingSong sells 84V CE certified wheels.

11 hours ago, ir_fuel said:

Why?

I tried to google it I read somewhere that safe to touch dc voltage is around 60-70 so every dc electronic domestic device that sells in EU should be less than that value but I can't find the info. Maybe I'm wrong... About Kingsongs, well... it's easy to stamp a EU sticker on the wheel (same goes to 9bot ones or other brands)

5 hours ago, pollytronman said:

I tried to google it I read somewhere that safe to touch dc voltage is around 60-70 so every dc electronic domestic device that sells in EU should be less than that value but I can't find the info.

You get it by googling (extra) low voltage directive. Extra low voltage with low risk for electric shock is below 120V DC.

Imo hospitals/(special) laboratories use(d) 100V DC as mains for their equipment for safety.

Afair 60-70V DC is something considered as "(really) safe", except for kids, pets and damp room/enviroment.

16 hours ago, ir_fuel said:

Why?

5 hours ago, pollytronman said:

Maybe I'm wrong... About Kingsongs, well... it's easy to stamp a EU sticker on the wheel (same goes to 9bot ones or other brands)

Yes - there is no such thing as a certification for a CE sign. Just a "ruleset", which the manufacturer "promises" to comply with by putting such a sign on his device.