Ciclavia - West Hollywood 8/18

Dzlchef

26 minutes ago, Yellowman said:

If @Freewheeler is on board, I would like to meet up with you at ~9am and start from the park as well.

Will the total ride (roundtrip) be <= 40 miles?

ps: @Marty Backe and yes, you were right about the V10F range. While they advertise it for 50-60 miles, I think it barely pushes to 40 miles.

@Dzlchef said above that he thinks it'll be under 35-miles, and these are mostly not high-speed miles. So I think you'll be fine with your V10F. And if we are stopping for food then there's an opportunity to top off the battery a little.

See you @ 9

Edited by Marty Backe

6 hours ago, YoshiSkySun said:

Did someone say Hooters?! If that's the case, count me in!! ;)

I think we should hit Hooters on the way back west.   I'll try to arrange a place for us, assuming around 12ppl.   

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

So I think you'll be fine with your V10F. And if we are stopping for food then there's an opportunity to top off the battery a little.

Thanks @Marty Backe... it'll have to be using my original charger. Still can't swing the fast charger yet. It's surprising how many EUC-related expenditures have taken high priority positions in my budget. :blink1:

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Jambo said:

Going to do my absolute best to be at the western start for 10. Anyone know of any sure thing parking?

The Beverly Center

7 hours ago, Jambo said:

Going to do my absolute best to be at the western start for 10. Anyone know of any sure thing parking?

My son and I will most likely be parking on a "No Parking Permit Required" street along/near this address, "8953 W. Dicks St." couple streets North of Santa Monica Blvd cross street N. San Vincent Blvd. We will be there at around 8:30 am and hang out at the group ride starting location.

2 minutes ago, Dave U said:

My son and I will most likely be parking on a "No Parking Permit Required" street along/near this address, "8953 W. Dicks St." couple streets North of Santa Monica Blvd cross street N. San Vincent Blvd. We will be there at around 8:30 am and hang out at the group ride starting location.

830am!!! That's early. Even the eastern (griffith) group is meeting at 9a THEN riding an hour to meet up with the west group, which is supposed to meet at 10a. Just want to make sure you didn't confuse the east/west start times. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, maltocs said:

830am!!! That's early. Even the eastern (griffith) group is meeting at 9a THEN riding an hour to meet up with the west group, which is supposed to meet at 10a. Just want to make sure you didn't confuse the east/west start times. 

We just want to make sure we arrive on time to get parking. We will most likely be eating breakfast some where near to kill some time.

Edited by Dave U
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, maltocs said:

We bailed early and I havent seen any of you online. Hopefully you all didn't get arrested going to the Hollywood sign the back way! Here the photo from the far end of Hollywood Blvd. 

Thanks @maltocs and @Marty Backe Great pics!

IMG_20190818_124605167.thumb.jpg.3f3764460d1ddaff3aa55474818e9104.jpg

Great ride guys! Thank you! And thanks for showing us your hood @Dzlchef

• Like 3

52 minutes ago, maltocs said:

Brandon and I had a GREAT time at the ride. Here's some video that I took. Sorry, it's very Brandon-centric.

Actually feels fairly balanced in coverage. I enjoyed the memories :)

• Like 2

IMG_0417

From the left: me, @Dzlchef (standing), @YoshiSkySun, @Dave U and his son Brian, @Jrkline "Wheel Whisperer", @Freewheeler, @Yellowman (standing), @Jermel West and his son Elijah

• Like 2

More pictures from CicLAvia

Hooters is becoming our go-to lunch stop - it could be worse :D

IMG_0489

A different view of the Hollywood Sign

IMG_0341

And one with Los Angeles in the background

IMG_0336

@Yellowman, @Jrkline "Wheel Whisperer", and @Jermel West

IMG_0524

@Dzlchef

IMG_0466

After maybe his 3rd beer

IMG_0486

Brian ( @Dave U's son) and Jack

IMG_0501

@Jermel West

IMG_0480

@Freewheeler and @Jrkline "Wheel Whisperer" toasting with @Yellowman

IMG_0476

@Jermel West and his son Elijah. Guess where?

IMG_0458

@Dave U and his son Brian

IMG_0472

@YoshiSkySun enjoying some refreshments

IMG_0446

@Dave U and Brian

IMG_0325

@Dave U, Brian, @maltocs and Brandon, and @Jrkline "Wheel Whisperer"

IMG_0318

Brandon following his dad @maltocs

IMG_0298

@YoshiSkySun on his backup wheel, the Ninebot

IMG_0545

@Jrkline "Wheel Whisperer"

IMG_0548

@Dzlchef

IMG_0553

@Yellowman

IMG_0556

@Jermel West and Elijah

IMG_0543

Full resolution pictures, and a lot more pictures from this ride, can be seen here: https://flic.kr/s/aHsmGpV57V

Edited by Marty Backe
  • Like 3