Dzlchef

Ciclavia - West Hollywood 8/18

Santa Monica Boulevard & North San Vicente Boulevard, Santa Monica Blvd & N San Vicente Blvd, West Hollywood, CA 90069, USA

^^ So that intersection?

Too bad these are so short. But sounds like you're going to make it into a real ride.

Maybe I'll just park at Griffith and start there and try and meet up with you.

1 hour ago, TedTheAtheist said:

Santa Monica Boulevard & North San Vicente Boulevard, Santa Monica Blvd & N San Vicente Blvd, West Hollywood, CA 90069, USA

^^ So that intersection?

Yeah, the start of the ride is at “big” Santa Monica and San Vicente blvd. 

7 hours ago, Dzlchef said:

Attention all SoCal folks, time to ride in one of the coolest areas of Los Angeles, the Hollywoods!

Ciclivia next Sunday August 18th goes from Santa Monica & San Vicente in WeHo to Hollywood & Vermont in Hollywood.  I plan on starting in WeHo at San Vicente at 10am and riding to Vermont street, then up Vermont to tour through Griffith, returning to WeHo, approximately 25 miles.  Come ride with me through my neighborhood! 

@Kimosabi @zentype @ndmcc @Mimir @Josh Morgan @Shawn Johnson @IRK @MikeV @Peter Q @Sketch @captainwells @NBC44 @Stan Onymous @Gizmo Dork @Alsayyad @Chairman S @who_the @Dave Frear  @roghaj @downtown @Yunicyle @Terenig @Dave U @Flying W @Heyzeus @NightRider @Mike Hanna @Klin @3euc @Unosolo @Williepimpin @Heyzeus @JomMas  @BlackOutEX @Freewheeler @TomM @tihoa @Ferreal@Austin @Ben Richards @noisycarlos @Tanabe  @Ando Melkonyan @YoshiSkySun @n2eus @maltocs @1Wheeler @Rama Douglas @Nick McCutcheon @mark chanya @Jrkline "Wheel Whisperer" @Kens @TedTheAtheist @Marty Backe@Yellowman

5A743C7B-7FD9-4CF2-9B14-475135C0E283.png

Brian and I are in. See you soon.

Cool, I would like to join.

@Dzlchef, for non locals, can you please suggest an exact meeting point address + suggested close by parking?

On 8/11/2019 at 9:57 AM, Dzlchef said:

I plan on starting in WeHo at San Vicente at 10am and riding to Vermont street, then up Vermont to tour through Griffith, returning to WeHo, approximately 25 miles.  

Now that sounds like a ride. I agree with @Marty Backe... these are always too short.

Your route, @Dzlchef, is very appealing as is starting at Griffith Park as @Marty Backe described. But, if WeHo is your neck of the woods it wouldn't make sense for you to start anywhere else. 

If I can snag a ride with @Yellowman 😉 I'll be there. I'd love to see Hollywood again and I've never ridden GP. 

56 minutes ago, Freewheeler said:

If I can snag a ride with @Yellowman 😉 I'll be there. I'd love to see Hollywood again and I've never ridden G

You are always welcome! 

• Like 1

Yeah, I'm in and I'm going to ride @Marty Backe's USED Nokola Plus if still works :). Brandon is still deciding but most likely in. We'll start with the westbound group at Griffith as that's really close to us.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, maltocs said:

Yeah, I'm in and I'm going to ride @Marty Backe's USED Nokola Plus if still works :). Brandon is still deciding but most likely in. We'll start with the westbound group at Griffith as that's really close to us.

:laughbounce2:

• Like 1

On 8/12/2019 at 5:50 PM, Yellowman said:

You are always welcome! 

Thanks bro! 

I've never ridden Griffith Park with @Marty Backe so that sounds great. And riding Hollywood again, but with the streets shut down would be too cool.

Where's the Meetup point at Griffith Park? 

We doing lunch? :cheers:

Looks like I'm going to start at the meetup location after all. Griffith Park is a bit too far (on congested streets) to ride to event.

3 hours ago, Freewheeler said:

I've never ridden Griffith Park with @Marty Backe so that sounds great. And riding Hollywood again, but with the streets shut down would be too cool.

Where's the Meetup point at Griffith Park? 

We doing lunch? :cheers:

I would guess that if there's lunch it'll be afterwards for those that want to partake.

7 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

Looks like I'm going to start at the meetup location after all. Griffith Park is a bit too far (on congested streets) to ride to event.

Oh, ok. Does that mean the route @Dzlchef is taking is also too congested?

On 8/11/2019 at 9:57 AM, Dzlchef said:

I plan on starting in WeHo at San Vicente at 10am and riding to Vermont street, then up Vermont to tour through Griffith, returning to WeHo, approximately 25 miles.  

I'd love to go, but only if there's a good 25+ miles in the deal. :D  It's quite a drive from South OC.

What do you think, @Dzlchef... is your route still viable? I'd like to join in.

Sorry, I’m super busy until Sunday so my responses may be delayed. The Ciclivia route is 6.5 miles so half of the 25 expected miles are there.  We can do lunch on the way back from Griffith.  I’d say the Hooters in Hollywood but that would depend on how many wheels we have with us as the place isn’t that big. It’s directly across from the Chinese theater so people watching is great. 

Parking in WeHo is always a challenge.  You can find some street parking south on La Cienega, or there is always the Beverly Center which would be a 4-5 block ride to the meet up.  We’re meeting on Santa Monica blvd just east of San Vicente which is the start of the blocked roads for Ciclivia. I’m not sure what will be set up in that location but it’s fairly open and we should be able to spot each other.

I can do a bit more research on restaurants Saturday if we have a big response.

• Upvote 1

https://euc.world/tour/577777731582257

I think it'll be better to go up Bronson and cut over to the winding park road to the observatory, ride trails, then finish by going to the caves and back down Bronson. I did the basic loop this morning as shown on the link. The loop is 10 miles so probably a 28-33 mile ride in total. 

• Like 1

I'm going to meet @maltocs at the Greek Theater parking lot (Griffith Park) at ~9am and ride from there to CicLAVia and eventually meet up with @Dzlchef for his tour

So anyone who wants to meet and ride with us, meet here at ~9am: https://goo.gl/maps/Dj5kTZfntLXiqaEfA

• Like 1

On 8/14/2019 at 6:56 AM, Dzlchef said:

Sorry, I’m super busy until Sunday so my responses may be delayed...

...We’re meeting on Santa Monica blvd just east of San Vicente which is the start of the blocked roads for Ciclivia. I’m not sure what will be set up in that location but it’s fairly open and we should be able to spot each other...

...I think it'll be better to go up Bronson and cut over to the winding park road to the observatory, ride trails, then finish by going to the caves and back down Bronson. I did the basic loop this morning as shown on the link. The loop is 10 miles so probably a 28-33 mile ride in total. 

Any delay is totally understandable. Your route sounds good to me! Is any of the route going off road? I'm still mostly a paved route rider. Oh, and what time? Thanks!

8 hours ago, Freewheeler said:

Any delay is totally understandable. Your route sounds good to me! Is any of the route going off road? I'm still mostly a paved route rider. Oh, and what time? Thanks!

Most of the ride will be roads, about 15% dirt trails in Griffith, but nothing extreme and the trail riding is slow speed.  I’ve seen many ride Griffith as their first off-road experience and everyone has done just fine.  Besides, you need to get off road in Griffith to get close to the Hollywood sign and the Batman cave. 

We are gathering at 10 am on the very west end of the Ciclivia route, on Santa Monica at San Vicente.

Edited by Dzlchef
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Dzlchef said:

Most of the ride will be roads, about 15% dirt trails in Griffith, but nothing extreme and the trail riding is slow speed.  I’ve seen many ride Griffith as their first off-road experience and everyone has done just fine.  Besides, you need to get off road in Griffith to get close to the Hollywood sign and the Batman cave. 

We are gathering at 10 am on the very west end of the Ciclivia route, on Santa Monica at San Vicente.

We will meet you but may not get there by 10. Of course we should run into you as we are traveling from the east as you are from the west :)

17 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

I'm going to meet @maltocs at the Greek Theater parking lot (Griffith Park) at ~9am and ride from there to CicLAVia and eventually meet up with @Dzlchef for his tour

So anyone who wants to meet and ride with us, meet here at ~9am: https://goo.gl/maps/Dj5kTZfntLXiqaEfA

If @Freewheeler is on board, I would like to meet up with you at ~9am and start from the park as well.

Will the total ride (roundtrip) be <= 40 miles?

ps: @Marty Backe and yes, you were right about the V10F range. While they advertise it for 50-60 miles, I think it barely pushes to 40 miles.

• Like 1