SOLVED: V10F - Brand New - only 18KM done - NO ... Mottor issue !!! šŸ˜• pebble got stuck there

Meserias

Please watch this video...
This is brand new INMOTION V10F

only 18km done on it with not a single crash !!
has been kept in this original protective cover.

I will get in touch with the seller and post here what's next how was solved.
I'm very unhappyĀ  with quality of this V10F....

Ā 

SOLVED: Incredible as it seems: pebble got stuck there ....

Ā 

Edited by Meserias
this is not a motor issue, just un unlucky situation when a small pebble got stuck there...

It soundsĀ like your V10F has bad bearing(s). Inmotion had an issue with faultyĀ bearings during theirĀ first fabrication run.

InĀ the USA the Inmotion company didĀ great job honoring the warranty andĀ replacing theĀ defectiveĀ bearings at no charge. They also updatedĀ the waterproofing.

Youā€™llĀ Ā need to find an Inmotion rep in your country that hopefullyĀ honors the warranty. Good luck!

Edited by Rehab1

It sounds like a pebble or gravel is stuck between the casing and the motor.

This happened to my friend on his V10. Sounded almost exactly the same where it made noise and as we turned the tyre the noise got less and then more when we turned back to the same spot.

Take a look on both sides. They are tricky to get out. They like to get stuck on a metal attachment that is in the middle.
I had to fish one out with a branch... but if I would have been at home I would have used something like a coat hanger or wire.
Ā 

• Upvote 1

Itā€™s a small stone in there. Turn the wheel upside down and shake it a bit. Then turn it again and see what comes out. The tire picks up pebbles when new.Ā 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

already looked with a flash light ....
I will look again with a brighter one.

hope you are right and a pebble got stuck there.

Ā 

Incredible as it seems pebble got stuck there and I was not able to see it in the first time....
There is no problem with the motor or V10F related to this sounds.

Admins: please edit topic or rename it as you like to better reflect reality and others to learn from it.

Many thanks to you all :w00t2::thumbup:

Edited by Meserias
  • Like 1

I was able to take it out .... just by turning the wheel completely with trolley handle down and tire up.
there is a slight U shape space on the shell that's why didn't fall

Future recommendation for INMOTION:
I think this must be corrected in new versions of any wheel so there is no posibility to catch small pebbles like this between motor cover and outer shell.

Ā 

V10F_stuck_pebble.jpg

Edited by Meserias
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Meserias said:

Future recommendation for INMOTION:
I think this must be corrected in new versions of any wheel so there is no posibility to catch small pebbles like this between motor cover and outer shell.

This is a good idea. I haven't got these so much on my 18Xl as I did on my old V10F.

The good news is that it happened a lot more when the tire was new. When it gets worn out it doesn't pick up these pebbles so much any more.Ā 

• Upvote 1

They should just put the "turn upsidedown and shake" to the manual. I was also pretty sure that I had bad bearing, when same thing happened on second ride with the wheel. Haven't had any rocks after that. Feature on brand new wheel.Ā :laughbounce2:

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Yeah, the V10F is very sensitive to pebbles. I got that not long after getting my V10F last summer and was very concerned that something was wrong. Got it a couple of more times after that, but @UniVehje is on to something about it becoming less with use. There are other threads mentioning this issue as well for what it's worth, so it's definitely a V10F "thing". I found that riding/or leading the wheel rather quickly forward/backward could loosen the pebbles as well. Can be an alternative when you're not feeling up to weight lifting.