Hi all,

I really enjoy reading this forum and it's a credit to people who moderate / admin it, so firstly many thanks :)

I'd like to make a suggestion on how I think it could be improved and would like to hear what others think.

At the moment we have a video thread that is literally 1000s of posts over 100s of pages but there is no way to have any idea what has been updated without looking though all the new posts. In a lot of cases the new material may be something a person isn't interested in but it has been tagged onto something that was of interest.

Would it be possible to create a new forum section solely for videos (and possibly photos) then each new topic could have it's own thread and people could more easily follow the videos they are interested in.

Any thoughts ? :)

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Gasmantle said:

Hi all,

I really enjoy reading this forum and it's a credit to people who moderate / admin it, so firstly many thanks :)

I'd like to make a suggestion on how I think it could be improved and would like to hear what others think.

At the moment we have a video thread that is literally 1000s of posts over 100s of pages but there is no way to have any idea what has been updated without looking though all the new posts. In a lot of cases the new material may be something a person isn't interested in but it has been tagged onto something that was of interest.

Would it be possible to create a new forum section solely for videos (and possibly photos) then each new topic could have it's own thread and people could more easily follow the videos they are interested in.

Any thoughts ? :)

You might be right @Gasmantle, I'm reading multiple posts, and also trying to catch up the recent posts.

I'm not an expert by any means, but if your suggestion could simplified the things, and it wouldn't have require a lot of efforts to improve, why not then 🙂

• Like 1

Thanks Artur,

I do read the video thread to catch up on local videos or those featuring a particular wheel I may be interested in but I find it a pain having to scroll through pages of posts I'm not interested in.

To me it makes sense to have a complete new video forum and each topic can then have its own thread with a description, it will then be a simple matter to see if the video thread you are interested in has had any updates.

• Upvote 1

I just use the 'unread content' button which saves visiting different parts of the forum to see whats new but I'm not sure if this would help with the thing you are talking about :huh:

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Gasmantle said:

Thanks Artur,

I do read the video thread to catch up on local videos or those featuring a particular wheel I may be interested in but I find it a pain having to scroll through pages of posts I'm not interested in.

To me it makes sense to have a complete new video forum and each topic can then have its own thread with a description, it will then be a simple matter to see if the video thread you are interested in has had any updates.

I got it my friend.