Recommendations on upper body protection

Hi!

I need good recommendations on some kind of jacked/vest for upper body protection which hopefully has good protection around the shoulder and collarbone area.

since I’ve broken my collarbone and haven’t healed completely I search for support and protection around collarbone/shoulder.

A sudden hard impact is bad for my injury right now and would like to know if there are gear that support and have more padding there?

Of course, everything else I get with the jacket like elbow/chest and back would be a bonus.

Wrist guard and knee pads are stuff I also want to buy.

I’ll get my 16x on Monday... so the coming months will be a riding speed under 20kmph(if I’m not too eager).

Thanks!

I just bought a Klim Marrakesh motorcycle jacket.  Haven’t received it yet, but heard good things elsewhere on this forum.  It has D3O padding around elbows, shoulders and back (not collarbone though).  

Other jackets I strongly considered: 

https://demonsnow.com/store/X2-D3O-Mens-Top (good protection all around, including collarbone, but was concerned about abrasion protection on pavement)

https://www.amazon.com/Fox-Racing-Deflector-Off-Road-Motorcycle/dp/B005G64770/ref=mp_s_a_1_11?keywords=bmx+jacket&qid=1565666878&s=gateway&sr=8-11 (looks like solid coverage and plastic pads should provide abrasion protection and some ability to slide, but was concerned the mesh would rip apart in a serious accident on pavement) 

Edited by 2 Drinks Behind
  • Like 1