Buying recommendations *help thread*

luzt

Hi!

As I've found no general thread for buying advice I've created this one so that there is one "official", with al the parameters need for advice allready listed.

Wheight: 90kg
Usage: Go to work / transportation within the city / for fun
Needed range: Preferfbly 4-5hours of usage and a range of 20-30km, more would just be a bonus. (real range, not estimated by the manufacturer)
Other prefered preferences: Something faster then 20km/h
Budget: ~1000-1300€

After spending a couple of hours of googling I've come to the conclusion that buying a chinese copy is totally out of the question.
The one's that seems to be recomended are

Firewheel 528w
Gotway 14" (with some sort of battery pack?)

I've might have forgotten some important factor needed to give a good recommendation, feel free to ask! :)

List of found manufacturers and short specs (ongoing - Please help out to complete it)

http://mobbo.co/mobbo-features.html

Motor: 1000W
Battery: ?
Wheel size:
Speed: 16km/h
Range: 16km

Price:

IPS
Modell: IPS F400
Motor: 1000W
Battery: 400W - Changable
Wheel size: 16"
Max incline: 15 degree
Speed: 16km/h
Range: 40km
Price: 775€

Modell: IPS I130
Motor: 800W
Battery:
130W - Changable
Wheel size: 14"
Max incline: 30 degree
Speed: 19,9km/h
Range: 15km
Price: 26e€

Firewheel (many different facts!)
Motor: 550-1350w
Battery:
132/264/528/779
Wheel size: 16"
Max incline: 30 degree
Speed: 25km/h
Range: 16-100km
Price: ?

If you want both the speed and range then the Gotway MCM 14" with a 680wh battery will more than cope without the need for additional battery packs.

Most of the other options are marginal on either speed or range. Bear in mind that battery range will deteriorate with age and riding becomes much more tricky on a low battery.

If you want both the speed and range then the Gotway MCM 14" with a 680wh battery will more than cope without the need for additional battery packs.

Most of the other options are marginal on either speed or range. Bear in mind that battery range will deteriorate with age and riding becomes much more tricky on a low battery.

After watching this video I can't say that I feel intrigued to buy a Gotway as the sound from the motor spoils the experience, compared to the the Firewheel which is next to inaudiable.

After watching this video I can't say that I feel intrigued to buy a Gotway as the sound from the motor spoils the experience, compared to the the Firewheel which is next to inaudiable.

This video has nothing to do with a GotWay 14! (Firewheel, Airwheel and Rockwheel are tested)

A GotWay 14 is almost not to hear!

The F400 is an obsolete model, if you considering an IPS with those requirements, the IPS132 is a much better choice all round, www.wheelgo.com A 130Wh battery is not going to give your the range you need & does not have sufficient power. 

Those where just listed for comparison.

Though I can't find a test of an uphill climb with the Firewheel/Gotway to see if they really can handle a 20 degree climb.

This video has nothing to do with a GotWay 14! (Firewheel, Airwheel and Rockwheel are tested)

A GotWay 14 is almost not to hear!

Sorry, I've got the brands mixed up ;)

My bad!

Those where just listed for comparison.

Though I can't find a test of an uphill climb with the Firewheel/Gotway to see if they really can handle a 20 degree climb.

A GotWay 14 will handle a 20 degree climb, BUT not with your 95 Kilogramm

Check this:

A GotWay 14 will handle a 20 degree climb, BUT not with your 95 Kilogramm

Check this:

Ah, yeah well I might be a bit on the heavy side to be able to expect such performance.

So we have both the Firewheel for 1300€ which would meet my requirements, and then the Goyway MCM14".

Just found the GW MCM14 gen2 (with the large batterypack) for ~1400€ @ http://www.wheelzworld.com/article.php?article=0&color=4

Hill climbing ability depends a lot on your skill level. The slower you can ride the steeper the hill you can climb, obvious really as climbing hills takes more power the faster you go.

Even my cheap EYU.CO V1 which only claims a 15 degree climbing ability can be persuaded up the 18 degree hill outside my house with my 95Kg on board, but I have to go very slowly.

The IPS 132 with it's 260wh battery and 1300w motor would do everything apart from the speed, which is fairly slow.

I would heavily recommend the gotway 14. Probably the best wheel for your money. (The gotway 18 could supply more power and range, but would be out of your price range)

Get at least the 340wh battery version of the gotway 14. If not the 680 version.

As for buying a gotway 14, send a forums message to Kevin Lee. I bought my gotway 14 from him. He is a reputable seller out of Hong Kong, with good prices, and speaks fluent English.

Edit: as for noise, the gotway 14 IS louder than my rockwheel gp12. (A non geared rockwheel). But louder in this case is relative. I went about 16 km on my gotway 14 yesterday with my daughter riding her bicycle next to me. The bicycle was the louder vehicle. It's a fairly quiet bicycle too. You will need to get a potentiometer of 100k ohms. And wire this in line with the speaker to quiet the beeps (not turn off, just quiet them) and this will need to be done on ANY wheel you buy from any manufacturer. At least it will need to be done if you want quiet.

Hill climbing ability depends a lot on your skill level. The slower you can ride the steeper the hill you can climb, obvious really as climbing hills takes more power the faster you go.

Even my cheap EYU.CO V1 which only claims a 15 degree climbing ability can be persuaded up the 18 degree hill outside my house with my 95Kg on board, but I have to go very slowly.

The IPS 132 with it's 260wh battery and 1300w motor would do everything apart from the speed, which is fairly slow.

Ah, as I'm a total newbie i really appriciate these pointers!

This means I've just got to train more :)

Which Firewheel model are you looking at?

The F528.

I would heavily recommend the gotway 14. Probably the best wheel for your money. (The gotway 18 could supply more power and range, but would be out of your price range)

Get at least the 340wh battery version of the gotway 14. If not the 680 version.

As for buying a gotway 14, send a forums message to Kevin Lee. I bought my gotway 14 from him. He is a reputable seller out of Hong Kong, with good prices, and speaks fluent English.

Edit: as for noise, the gotway 14 IS louder than my rockwheel gp12. (A non geared rockwheel). But louder in this case is relative. I went about 16 km on my gotway 14 yesterday with my daughter riding her bicycle next to me. The bicycle was the louder vehicle. It's a fairly quiet bicycle too. You will need to get a potentiometer of 100k ohms. And wire this in line with the speaker to quiet the beeps (not turn off, just quiet them) and this will need to be done on ANY wheel you buy from any manufacturer. At least it will need to be done if you want quiet.

I've just goten a reply from him! The import taxes from Chine (I live in Sweden) makes for a silly amount added to the retail price. It will be some where around 1300-1400€ before it's on my doorstep.

For gotway, send a forum message to Kevin Lee. I bought my gotway from him. He speaks fluent English and ships from Hong Kong as well as he has reasonable prices.

For Rockwheel, send a forums message to Sunny Chang. I assume she can help you there. :)

Unibot and airwheel I don't know on.

• 2 weeks later...

For gotway, send a forum message to Kevin Lee. I bought my gotway from him. He speaks fluent English and ships from Hong Kong as well as he has reasonable prices.

For Rockwheel, send a forums message to Sunny Chang. I assume she can help you there. :)

Unibot and airwheel I don't know on.

Thank you for quote me :)

• 4 weeks later...

Archived