Which Nikola to choose?

On 8/10/2019 at 9:51 PM, koto said:

Ok. Anyway We can choose the version which corresponds best to our usage. 84V wheel are ok for me. I'm more interested in more range.

@Marty Backe made a  comparison between Nikola 84V and Nikola 100V and said that he can brake stronger with the 100V version. For that reason, if I have to choose a Nikola version, I will wait for the 126V ;)

1 hour ago, koto said:

@Marty Backe made a  comparison between Nikola 84V and Nikola 100V and said that he can brake stronger with the 100V version. For that reason, if I have to choose a Nikola version, I will wait for the 126V ;)

haha, all i want is raaaaaaange xD

How many versions are there for the Nikola???  I thought they were only two 

84V 1600wh

100V 1845wh

What else???  Also what is currently available now and what is coming out and when? 

• 84V: 1600Wh (two 800Wh battery packs), 800Wh, 1300Wh (2x 650Wh), 650Wh, 2100Wh (2x 800Wh + 500Wh extra battery) - all available now
  • 100V: 1845Wh (three 615Wh battery packs), 1230Wh (2x 615Wh) - all available now
  • 126V: unknown, probably 1600Wh, possibly others - some time in the future, Gotway is "testing" the 126V

Many dealers skip the less popular/mass market sizes and only sell the 1600Wh 84V and 1845Wh 100V.

Edited by meepmeepmayer
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, Patton250 said:

How many versions are there for the Nikola???  I thought they were only two 

84V 1600wh

100V 1845wh

What else???  Also what is currently available now and what is coming out and when? 

there are a lot more than two versions of any gotway wheel :P version meaning battery package.. there is only really 84V and 100V.. everything until after the first iteration of the tesla has a 64V and 84V version.. msx/monster cant remember which were the first 100V wheels gotway ever made and both were so a while after their initial release.. but meep said it perfectly.. a lot xD

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rywokast said:

there are a lot more than two versions of any gotway wheel :P version meaning battery package.. there is only really 84V and 100V.. everything until after the first iteration of the tesla has a 64V and 84V version.. msx/monster cant remember which were the first 100V wheels gotway ever made and both were so a while after their initial release.. but meep said it perfectly.. a lot xD

The Monster was the first 100-volt wheel made.

The Nikola will be the first 126-volt wheel made, unless Gotway is simultaneously working at 126-volt versions of their other wheels. But they have only publicly commented on the Nikola.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

The Nikola will be the first 126-volt wheel made, unless Gotway is simultaneously working at 126-volt versions of their other wheels.

I have seen it mentioned somewhere on Facebook that the Monster may also be getting the 126-volt treatment, but not sure how true that is!  Also can't remember who it was that made the comment, but fairly sure it was Not a comment from Kebye or Lukas.

Edited by fbhb

You guys are great.  I asked a question and you guys answered it 100%. Thanks everyone.

I did contact the guy who I bought my Z 10 from and asked him about the 126V version of the Nikola. He messaged Gotway and they told him it was just on paper right now. I have no idea if that’s true or not. I’m sure the people here know more about it. What do you guys know? 

Edited by Patton250
  • Upvote 1

On 8/12/2019 at 4:49 AM, Rywokast said:

in other exciting news... despite there being copious amounts of double sided foam tape surrounding the batteries, apparently none of it is used to hold the batteries in.. all still has the paper on it, that being the case when i stood it up the left hand side battery fell out and the XT30 connector attempted to yank itself apart but failed and instead produced a huge spark which melted it... fantastic, have to replace that now

20190811_193615.jpg

Don´t think it is a good idea to ride so heavily shorted electric components. Until a XT60 looks like this you transfered incredible high amps... nothing in the range of 150+ will do this damage to a genuine Amass XT60.

Good to see that these Nicolas not as badly build as an Z10...This becomes more and more a running gag...

Edited by TuN3M@N

14 hours ago, TuN3M@N said:

Don´t think it is a good idea to ride so heavily shorted electric components. Until a XT60 looks like this you transfered incredible high amps... nothing in the range of 150+ will do this damage to a genuine Amass XT60.

Good to see that these Nicolas not as badly build as an Z10...This becomes more and more a running gag...

im not worried at all, btw its an XT30 so halve that, but like i said previously the battery attempted to fall out, yanking the connector 3/4 of the way out causing it to arc electricity continually for about ten seconds until i could set it down and pull it apart which fried it.. the wires themselves are perfectly fine i cut off the connectors and directly connected them

7 minutes ago, Rywokast said:

i also noticed it runs extremely cool.. i never saw it go over 37 degrees and mostly stayed around 35 and there were quite a few steep winding hills that i went over

Some people here complained about overheating Nikolas. @Marty Backe also if I recall? Or is that 84V vs 100V?

So you rode 109km on and off road in one go? How many hours did that take? :D 

12 minutes ago, ir_fuel said:

Some people here complained about overheating Nikolas. @Marty Backe also if I recall? Or is that 84V vs 100V?

So you rode 109km on and off road in one go? How many hours did that take? :D 

well not mine haha.. ridiculously cool, I think I heard the fan come on once for like ten seconds lol.. idk I doubt I would have heard it 99% of the time,, my fan is pretty quiet.. yup one go first time on the wheel besides getting a feel for it for a few mins in the parking garage before hand lol, was riding the wheel for 3.5 hours solid but did a bit of sight seeing and exploring,, I was out for a total of four hours counting waiting for lights and stopping for a piss break and to get some snacks xD

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, ir_fuel said:

109km in 4 hours? That's a pretty solid average. All depends on how "off road" the off road was of course. I have parts that I can do at 18mph, but others I struggle to get 10mph :D 

yea it's not bad :-) I've done better but on a wheel that I had at least 1000 km experience on.. no nothing too crazy tonight haha my first time on it and first time ever riding anything with a 3" tire, was a little weird at first.. I did take it up the mountain which is nearly 1 km and pretty steep but it laughed at it whereas with the 18XL it was quite a struggle haha.. all my other wheels can do it np albeit slowly but I was expecting the nikola to be tough to convince at my weight but it easily has as much torque as a smaller 16" wheel for hills.. I plan to do some more rigorous stress testing soon now that I'm used to it

Edited by Rywokast
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Rywokast said:

well first range test happened today, not the best time to do it haha was rather cold, at least it felt like it.. ~15C but the wind was 15-20 kph the whole time.. i wasnt taking it easy at all mainly through bike trails and on the road averaging 35-40 kph most of the time.. when i got back home it was at 10% standing still, im sure i could have gotten another 10 km easy if i wanted to but i didnt want to push it, though strangely enough i never actually heard it beep once throughout the 3 1/2 hours i was on it... i made it 109 km.. not too bad considering.. i know this wheel is definitely power hungry though it has major torque and i can literally hop on it in the middle of the steepest hill i could find and get going no problem, starts and stops on a dime too, impressive for how insanely heavy it is lol.. i also noticed it runs extremely cool.. i never saw it go over 37 degrees and mostly stayed around 35 and there were quite a few steep winding hills that i went over

Fantastic. That's about the range I would have predicted - in the ballpark.

• Like 1

forgot to add that i tried out a few different tire pressures but again my normal tire pressure felt the best.. 60 PSI, i can never understand how anybody would want to ride something at 20-30 psi it feels gross haha so mushy

On 8/13/2019 at 11:27 PM, Sketch said:

@Rywokast  Very nice!  Can you tell me how many different sizes of rubber plugs are there?  2 or 3?

On mine, It seems like only two different sizes.  The top 2 are the longer ones, the rest all fit fine in any of the other spots.

6 minutes ago, neurokinetik said:

On mine, It seems like only two different sizes.  The top 2 are the longer ones, the rest all fit fine in any of the other spots.

yes 2,3,4,5 appear to be close enough and being that theyre soft rubber they could fit anywhere.. the tiny angled stem on the caps is negligible due to its flexibility so i wouldnt worry too much if you get them mixed up because its obvious 1 and 6 are longer so they go at the top and the rest could go anywhere

• Like 1

• 4 months later...