High Speed EUC Riding

Benphysics

3 hours ago, Benphysics said:

I guess you are not the racer kind; If this road was on a one way closed circuit, cars and motorcycles could do speeds well over 100mph  in such open turns; and the strait sections would even allow between 150 and 200mph. So you are way off  thinking that cars could not even do 70 mph on this stretch of road.

For starters I said “wouldn’t go that fast” not “couldn’t”. And if you read the YouTube comments there are already posts that have done the math and erased the probability that this was 70mph. 

Not sure why you mentioned motorcycles as of course a motorcycle could take turns faster than a car. 

2 hours ago, Benphysics said:

I guess I've never said where I do high speeds. So if you always ride among pedestrians, I understand your concern; even agree with you. On the other hand, since 90% or more of my riding is where no one is around, then higher speeds is what I'm looking for. Also, there is EUC challenges (competitions) that are being organized for those who want to test their skills. Cross country is one of disciplines; circuit racing is another, obstacles is yet another; EUC cross, And so on. This is what drives me. If you are comfortable where you are, I'm happy for you. My whole point of posting this thread is to find others like me who want to go further; much further. If you are not one of them, and too afraid of getting hurt to go any further, that's all right for you. You are simply not the type. I'm seeking those who, like me, want more and are ready to take the risks; calculated mind you. Together, we can discuss theories and evolve more rapidly and safer. This is what happens around race circuits. We discuss techniques, trials and errors, physics, and, the next time around the track we try what others have found. This allows to reach higher limits. This is how the world evolves. If you're not in the game, that's ok; just don't lecture what you don't know about.

This isn’t what you said at all.

You said you’d like to go 100mph and crave straight line speed. @chrisjunlee even called you out on how boring that is. There is no skill in going fast enough to cutout a wheel. 

Now try slaloming through traffic, squeezing through the most narrow gaps like @Tishawn Fahie

Or managing to stay on your wheel while riding at 25-30mph on rocky, bumpy, root infested trails like Chooch.

What drives you lacks skill, and that’s why you crave more and more speed. You will never lose the thrill of doing the things I mentioned above, because it will always be challenging and always be new. 

14 minutes ago, Darrell Wesh said:

This isn’t what you said at all.

You said you’d like to go 100mph and crave straight line speed. @chrisjunlee even called you out on how boring that is. There is no skill in going fast enough to cutout a wheel. 

Now try slaloming through traffic, squeezing through the most narrow gaps like @Tishawn Fahie

Or managing to stay on your wheel while riding at 25-30mph on rocky, bumpy, root infested trails like Chooch.

What drives you lacks skill, and that’s why you crave more and more speed. You will never lose the thrill of doing the things I mentioned above, because it will always be challenging and always be new. 

Can we just give each other the benefit of the doubt and get along? :)

I admit I initially was alarmed at @Benphysicspost - but now I realize it was more of an in the moment rant than anything. 

I think we all have more in common and just started off on the wrong foot. Let's cool off for a bit and be excellent to each other :D 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Darrell Wesh said:

Not sure why you mentioned motorcycles as of course a motorcycle could take turns faster than a car. 

And that is where you are wrong :)

Cars can corner a lot faster than motorcycles, and they can brake a lot later. A motorcycle wins it in acceleration and top speed.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, chrisjunlee said:

I think we all have more in common and just started off on the wrong foot. 

I still can't do this. Starting off the wrong foot. So weird as starting from the right foot feels like second nature now.

We are talking euc's here, right?

• Like 2

On 8/12/2019 at 8:53 AM, chrisjunlee said:

Especially Bambi pebbles 🦌

Image result for deer jumps over motorcyclist

This is OOOOH Sh...%$&*%$#@...T

On 8/12/2019 at 9:44 AM, LanghamP said:

Is this not the best post ever to tell us men to man up? Why, I even feel a sense of shame in trundling around at 15 mph. My ears would burn with shame being passed by a 70 year old.

There's something wonderful about an old man hell-bent on collecting both his Social Security checks AND broken bones.

Have you gotten a Monster yet? Those can go really fast.

The Monster is too heavy for my taste; I'm only 130#. On a liter superbike, I fly; its all about balance and controls. If you have a good grasp of physics and engineering, fear falls out of the equation. The heavier the wheel to rider, the more you need to fight it under emergencies. Also, I like responsiveness; the monster may go faster, but it lacks nimbleness. The msx and Nicola are better fitted. As a Canadian, these wheels are yet over $3,300., while the Monster comes in at over $5,500. I don't want an army of them; I have other interests. Furthermore, I hear that Gotway has a 126v Nicola in the plans. That'll be the ticket; I'll change then. And by the way, I raced motorcycles, (road-race, motocross, enduro, trials, and ice) for over 40 years. I am no stranger to broken bones. I now race cars and go-karts. This wheel is just a side-dish. I already went around the race track with it (4.5 km); it was boooring! I'm sure that if there was a wheel that could do 100 mph, I would have tried it on this track. So when you say 15 mph, you simply don't have what it takes. Therefore, if fear is your hold back; then you are simply not the type I am catering to. Stay on the porch.

49 minutes ago, Benphysics said:

by the way, I raced motorcycles, (road-race, motocross, enduro, trials, and ice) for over 40 years. I am no stranger to broken bones. I now race cars and go-karts. This wheel is just a side-dish. I already went around the race track with it (4.5 km); it was boooring! I'm sure that if there was a wheel that could do 100 mph, I would have tried it on this track. So when y

Hockenheim, 1993.