Seattle (tomorrow) August 8th 6:30 p.m. | Multi-Use Trail pilot report to board in public.

eucinsea

Sorry for very long title. :) 

From an email @leadfeathers and I both got: 

——— 

This Thursday, August 8th at 6:30 p.m. I will be sharing the results and analysis from the Pilot to the Board of Park Commissioners. The meeting will be held at SPR’s administration building (100 Dexter Ave N) in the main conference room. More details, and the agenda, can be found on the Board’s webpage. Public comment is held at the beginning of the meeting and is limited to two minutes per person. This is a presentation and briefing only and no vote is scheduled by the Board.’

Edited by prasket
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

To clarify, this is to discuss the deployment of a new plan to allow e-bikes on multi-use trails like Burke-Gilman, etc.  However this is still good for us.  Now that e-bikes are allowed, there is now an opportunity for all e-vehicles (EPAMDs as Seattle calls them) to petition for the same right-to-use.

:)  Thanks for posting this @prasket

Edited by leadfeathers
  • Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

I recently received an email from P&R saying that they're beginning to let EPAMDs through after piloting the program (they pointed me to the bike study) but didn't comment on EUCs specifically.  My guess is that, in practice, they're lumping all forms of electrical travel into this permission and thus aren't thinking too hard about the distinction.  I won't say that it's completely safe to ride on the trails without getting stopped, but I'm not seeing much evidence of them cracking down on them in particular.  I was hoping we'd make some headway in specifically allowing our class of vehicles, but I don't think making distinctions is really on their radar.

Edited by leadfeathers