Suggestions on structure of this forum

John Eucist

I think it's pretty good as forums go, but like you told me when I arrived the major activity is on the facebook group.

It is much easier to find technical info and instructional videos etc. here though so it would be nice if anything that might be useful in the long term that is put on the facebook group could be copied here as a long term reference.

Sub-Forum in the General Forum

- General chat

- Drive

- Repair

- Buy

- General chat

- Drive

- Repair

- Buy

Tom isn't Drive covered by Reviews

Repair is already covered in Repairs & Mods and Buy is almost covered by Advertisements.

Ah yes, "Repair" we have, but drive is for me not the same as a review of a EU.

Buy is for me more like what battery do I need, or what others recommend to buy for what I use it for etc.

like:

Tom.  What do you mean by "drive"?

Topics like:

ever get a flat tire?
Locking the EU
 riding preference: hard or soft? and why?
maybe:  Maximum load of the tire only 60 kg?
 Beeps / sec and a GW 14
 What tire pressure do you ride with?

- General chat

- Drive

- Repair

- Buy

- General chat

- Drive

- Tech spec/data

- Buy

- Accessoires

Hi Arbee,

I think a new category (or sub category) called 'Gear' 'Paraphernalia' or 'Accessories'. IMHO the topic is broad enough to give it it's own category. I would be the first writing some recommendations of Gloves, Shoes, Helmet, Clip-on lights, etc. Or would you prefer to have this posted in 'Other Stuff'?

- General chat

- Drive

- Tech spec/data

- Buy

- Accessoires

If everything is a sub-forum under "General Chat" then what other parent forums are there to make?  Why not just eliminate "General Chat" as a parent forum?

I don't think you should eliminate the General talk section, it's quite useful. I am also not a friend of too many subsections, as I think one can still use the search function. Keep the structure flat and simple. Too many categories and sub-sections make it difficult to decide where the post should go to.

My thoughts around Tom's proposal:

• Drive is already covered by General Talk. IMHO that's how I understood it what should go there.
  • Tech Spec/data should go to the WIKI. A comprehensive collection of current and past model specs would indeed be very useful.
  • Buying decision help would be very useful, especially for newcomers, like me. However, will it fill a whole subsection? Maybe one or multiple threads will be enough. Again, one may use the search function.
  • Accessories (or Gear, or similar) I support but It would be worth having its own category not only a sub-section.

Just my two cents on this topic... 

I'm really annoyed by "Technical Specs" by Chinese manufacturers. They are all bloated or not accurate.

It would be nice to have a "Tested" section so that we know what is accurate (mileage, power etc) and trustworthy. My 2 cents anyway.

Archived