Oklahoma City or Tulsa riders?

GaryL

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi Gary,

I am new to the EUC community. I am 71 years old and bought my first wheel ... King Song 18XL ... last month. I live on the SE side of OKC so all my riding now is at Lake Draper. I've already been pulled over by a cop on the new trails out there and told I could not ride on the trails. He couldn't tell me any ordinance stating that. I had an ordinance which states that e-bikes have all rights as other bikes. It is up for dispute. I called the Parks and Recreation department and received a pretty good vibe from them that they will possibly allow E-bikes on the trails. They will have a meeting on Monday and reach out to me on Tuesday of next week to let me know how it went. I am still riding on the trails every day. If you haven't been there, you should check it out. When it is all complete around the first of October, the paved trail will be 13 miles long. 

• 2 weeks later...

I'm on a KS16s, so I don't know if I can do trails. I have been to downtown OKC for a few urban rides on sidewalks and streets. Would you be interested in riding at some city parks or maybe downtown? 

The trails at Stanley Draper are not really trails, as such. It is all brand new paved roads for bicycles, walkers, joggers, etc. It is supposed to be completed in early October. I went out yesterday and rode thirty miles. It is a great place and very safe. Just don't go real fast around walkers, kids, or joggers. It appears that you also fly a powered paraglider. I have been flying the same Fresh Breeze for fifteen years. I am out at Lake Draper at least five days a week. The best place to park is at the marina area. There is a brand new, huge, parking lot. You can Google the address. There is also a small group of people on the Facebook page called Oklahoma OKC Onewheel where you can find some likeminded people.

I live in Texas, but I was in Tulsa for July 4th to check out the Gathering Place with my girlfriend. I met one other local rider there but never saw him again. But I do know at least one rider from Muskogee that's itching to meet other EUC riders.

I can try to hit you up next time I'm in Tulsa.

• 5 months later...

I am interested to know if anyone is riding in the OKC area.  It seems that the trails are off limits from posts I have seen on here, is that the same for the river trails?  If so I would be interested in downtown riding if there are others.

• 2 months later...

I ride the downtown area and the river trail. I have never had a problem with anyone. I ride the downtown sidewalks and have talked to the police on bicycles. They were ok with me. 

• 8 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Ordered my V11 this month.  Should come in early July hopefully according to ewheels.com.  

Once I take a couple weeks to learn I would love to hook up with some folks for riding if any of you are still at it and in Oklahoma.  I am up in Edmond but familiar with much of Oklahoma as I traveled for my job here for a few years to many of the towns.

Would love to know good places to ride, non difficult terrain for start for sure.

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...
On 6/15/2021 at 10:27 PM, RideRiskReward said:

Ordered my V11 this month.  Should come in early July hopefully according to ewheels.com.  

Once I take a couple weeks to learn I would love to hook up with some folks for riding if any of you are still at it and in Oklahoma.  I am up in Edmond but familiar with much of Oklahoma as I traveled for my job here for a few years to many of the towns.

Would love to know good places to ride, non difficult terrain for start for sure.

Let me know when your wheel arrives and I will ride with you. I live in Choctaw and I ride a Gotway

• Like 1