Battery capacity

WoodCube

My signature states my distances in different temperature/wind conditions with the original Firewheel F260 -batteries (2 * 132Wh packs, 264Wh nominal, 268Wh measured the last time I charged them with Charge Doctor). 550W motor. The distances are measured with bike computer, error should be fairly minimal (although I used a smaller tire diameter in the computer than what the wheel actually is to account for the tire pushing in a bit with weight, so if anything, the numbers are lower than in reality).

Edit: Checked the values from another thread, as I no longer remember them:

I've used the table-value for 16" tire circumference (1272mm) on my computer, which is lower than what the real circumference without weight is (1310mm), but I expect that with weight on top it gets pretty close to the table value (haven't ever bothered to measure the circumference with weight on top).

Oh yeah, probably worth mentioning also that I'm on the light side (57kg + safety gear, so probably around 60kg), heavier riders could get lower ranges, mostly probably depending on the amount of uphills.

I'm 72kg and have tested my three EUCs on a 'typical' condition(no wind, no slope, speed 15-20km/h, +25C, tire pressure normal)
Gotway MCM2 260Wh, 9.0Wh/km
Gotway MSpuer2 MS 680Wh, 9.0Wh/km
IPS 122 240Wh, 7.6Wh/km. I did ride 30km once on a single charge.

We have a rough theory saying it takes 10Wh to ride 1km
Another old 
approximate saying is that one cell(of 18650 battery) equals 1km

For an 174Wh EUC, there might be 25% remains before the lo-batt warning, that will give 130Wh of useful capacity which equals 13km  roughly.

@zlymex, some brands/models also have pretty conservative out-of-bat thresholds which obviously reduces range. Hobby report his Gotway MCM2 was reserving 33% capacity on 'empty'. Same with the KS 680Wh, before the reduced low voltage threshold from 55v to 50v (this was changed as a 'special' request just for my consignment...)

On 2015/10/18 at 1:41 AM, Jason McNeil said:

@zlymex, some brands/models also have pretty conservative out-of-bat thresholds which obviously reduces range. Hobby report his Gotway MCM2 was reserving 33% capacity on 'empty'. Same with the KS 680Wh, before the reduced low voltage threshold from 55v to 50v (this was changed as a 'special' request just for my consignment...)

That's true. One of my friend's K5(of Kaabo) has a very high till-back threshold of 58V which probably with 35% remains.
I've never tested my MCM2 for actual range or threshold because it mainly used for skill ride.
I did ride my MSuper to warning level several times which I measured at 55.6V(equivalent to 3.475V per cell). 
There are two instances where I continued riding my 18", after low voltage warning, for more than 10km without till-back.
The till-back voltage is said to be 52V(3.25V per cell) for MSuper2.

Not a 500 watt motor, but on My solowheel xtreme with 1500 watt motor on mixed terrain i average somewhere around 8 to 10 miles a charge, though i am 97.5 kilos and usually have all my gym stuff on my back so probably 100 kilos, never tried it on just the flat yet, i believe the tilt back and vibration for low battery is about 20 percent if the beta app is correct.

Archived