prasket

16x Issues Thread

On 11/10/2019 at 7:39 PM, buell47 said:

When I got my new Control Board V1.5 last week I asked KS if I needed the Bluetooth patch. The answer was "not sure". :efee612b4b:

So I made the patch and all is fine until now. 

Since your problems sound exactly like the Bluetooth problems, I would definitely make the patch.

If it doesn't work then you need a new board like me.

I've installed the new Control Board v1.07. I did the BT patch and calibrated. I'm still getting slight tiltbacks (not 100% sure, new rider). I've only got 70 miles on it. I'll be riding without BT music for the next 100 miles and post my results.

11 hours ago, DragonFZ said:

I've installed the new Control Board v1.07. I did the BT patch and calibrated. I'm still getting slight tiltbacks (not 100% sure, new rider). I've only got 70 miles on it. I'll be riding without BT music for the next 100 miles and post my results.

You meant firmware 1.0.7? The board should have the hardware version 1.5.

I have 576 km with the new board behind me and have absolutely no problems with tilting anymore. No matter in which mode I ride. Everything is top. With the old board I only rode in hard mode. Now the hard mode is much too hard for me. I also don't see any sense to ride in hard mode anymore, because accelerating and braking are worse. The best values for acceleration and braking I reach now in soft mode, medium is also okay, but now I only ride in soft mode, no matter if on- or offroad.

@Mike Sacristanwhat are your experiences with acceleration and braking in the different modes?

5 hours ago, Daniel Hui said:

I bought my 16x last week, is the BT patch still needed now?

Nobody knows for sure, so I advise you to make the BT patch. It doesn't hurt. :efee612b4b:

11 hours ago, Daniel Hui said:

Ask seller if your machine has v1.4 or v1.5 hardware control board.  Maybe only way to know is open.  If play music and no problems for an hour, no problem is no problem, right?

12 hours ago, Daniel Hui said:

I got mine 2 weeks ago from ewheels. I asked and they said that everything should be updated and fine.

On a different note, I didn't realize that they updated the side pads so the top one is thicker. A nice improvement.

3 minutes ago, ABS Knut said:

I got mine 2 weeks ago from ewheels. I asked and they said that everything should be updated and fine.

On a different note, I didn't realize that they updated the side pads so the top one is thicker. A nice improvement.

Oh, that's interesting.  Do you have any pics? Curious to see how much thicker they are.

Thicker pads for v1.07, so you can grip the wheel and try to approximate the same torque as v1.05 ... ;)

well they look nice the newer top pads. I wounder if they are more prone to tear since they are extending out more.

8 hours ago, ABS Knut said:

Good! But...my side pads are still the old version one....:cry2:

8 hours ago, xorbe said:

Ask seller if your machine has v1.4 or v1.5 hardware control board.  Maybe only way to know is open.  If play music and no problems for an hour, no problem is no problem, right?

Sorry that I still don't really understand the whole situation with the BT problem, so as long as I dont play music during the ride, there should not be any problem? 

KS16X2B190907P055

Check your serial number for the batch date. If its later than mine it will come with 1.5 control board. Mine is the earliest batch that came out with 1.5 board already installed as far as I know

9 hours ago, xorbe said:

Thicker pads for v1.07, so you can grip the wheel and try to approximate the same torque as v1.05 ... ;)

... for the few riders who are unsuccesful in changing the riding mode to medium. :P (New medium mode is close to the old hard mode.)

On a serious note, a nice upgrade from KS!

21 hours ago, buell47 said:

You meant firmware 1.0.7? The board should have the hardware version 1.5.

I have 576 km with the new board behind me and have absolutely no problems with tilting anymore. No matter in which mode I ride. Everything is top. With the old board I only rode in hard mode. Now the hard mode is much too hard for me. I also don't see any sense to ride in hard mode anymore, because accelerating and braking are worse. The best values for acceleration and braking I reach now in soft mode, medium is also okay, but now I only ride in soft mode, no matter if on- or offroad.

@Mike Sacristanwhat are your experiences with acceleration and braking in the different modes?

Nobody knows for sure, so I advise you to make the BT patch. It doesn't hurt. :efee612b4b:

In FW 1.05 I was mostly on the hard mode.
I switch between the hard mode and medium mode in FW 1.07.
The medium mode requires less work from me but feels less precise and is a bit softer.
I very much like the stiffness of hard mode on FW 1.07.
FW 1.07 medium mode is stiffer than FW 1.05 hard mode which allowed the pedals to tilt a tiny bit more.
I had trouble braking on FW 1.05 despite mode and it feels better now on 1.07.

When riding I have sometimes hit potholes or irregularities in terrain unexpectedly. This usually cause me to lose my balance forward a bit because the pedals yield. They yield much less in FW 10.7 mode but still not as solid as the MSX hard mode.

Yesterday I traded wheels with my friend Simon. I was on his 18XL. Very, very nice ride indeed. He easily got it up to 49 kmh and he felt that it was easier to carve at high speed on it.
He did not mention anything about it being sluggish and this was his first long ride on it since I updated to FW 1.07.

On 12/18/2019 at 7:17 PM, Daniel Hui said:

Sorry that I still don't really understand the whole situation with the BT problem, so as long as I dont play music during the ride, there should not be any problem? 

That's my observation so far.  No music, no tilt problem.

Been stalking the forums for a couple of months now, since I got my V10 and started riding. Haven't had any issues with the Inmotion. 

Upgraded to a 16x recently. Love the wheel in general, very stable and nimble. But I do have a couple of issues that nobody seems to have/talk about. 

I have to calibrate the wheel a lot, is this normal? Whenever I let it sit for a couple of days (tilted on its nose) and then take it out, it dips a lot when turning to one side and tilts back to the other (on sharp turns). I have tried calibrating meticulously using bubble ruler as well as quick ones using a stair. Same result. A calibration does fix the issue temporarily though. 

Also the running leds seem to turn off at high speed and come back on when slowing down? Will need to run more tests. 

From the information I gathered in this thread I'm on a 1.4 board second batch unit (I don't ride with music for now). 

Any help or clues would be welcome! Still enjoying the wheel as is 😀

On 12/25/2019 at 11:37 AM, Skecys said:

Been stalking the forums for a couple of months now, since I got my V10 and started riding. Haven't had any issues with the Inmotion. 

Upgraded to a 16x recently. Love the wheel in general, very stable and nimble. But I do have a couple of issues that nobody seems to have/talk about. 

I have to calibrate the wheel a lot, is this normal? Whenever I let it sit for a couple of days (tilted on its nose) and then take it out, it dips a lot when turning to one side and tilts back to the other (on sharp turns). I have tried calibrating meticulously using bubble ruler as well as quick ones using a stair. Same result. A calibration does fix the issue temporarily though. 

Also the running leds seem to turn off at high speed and come back on when slowing down? Will need to run more tests. 

From the information I gathered in this thread I'm on a 1.4 board second batch unit (I don't ride with music for now). 

I have since done the Bluetooth update and this has eliminated all the dip/tilt issues I had. Haven't had to recalibrate since. The problem with the leds doesn't seem to manifest when using them on auto mode. So I'm keeping it there for now.

So if anyone is having similar problems even though you're not playing any music through your wheel (I never did and still had dip/tilt issues), run the update! Might fix your issue(s) too.

On 12/25/2019 at 11:37 AM, Skecys said:

It is called FTL (faster than  light speed). Some refer to warp speed too. 😉

On the more serious note if you are on FW 1.07, I would contact dealer for him to check with KS on this. To me it sounds like something is not coping with the power needed. But it could also be a simple bug or loose connection. 

On 12/25/2019 at 6:37 PM, Skecys said:

The LED lights is an indicator of battery level(voltage).

when you are riding there is voltage sag, the voltage drops, hence if it crosses the voltage threshold the leds will momentarily dip. 

however during “resting” of the wheel the voltage will climb back up slightly causing the “next” led to turn back on

OR

when riding downhill you are actually charging the wheel due to regenerative braking, hence when u stop u May seed the “next” led light come on again. 

this is nothing to do with any loose connection. You need to understand the 13 green leds are a battery indicator. 

and you wheel can charge the battery under braking

all lights in My house were off as I was getting ready to leave and i realized it was oddly dark.  I discovered the automatic torch is not functioning after turning my wheel on this morning  

I tried light settings in both KS app and DB. Not sure what the next step may be to troubleshoot. 

any ideas out there?

thx

chili

1 hour ago, Chili D said:

any ideas out there?

Did you perhaps leave after sunrise?

2 minutes ago, mrelwood said:

Did you perhaps leave after sunrise?

no. i said i was inside my house. 

@Chili D it depends on what fw you are on, there are fifferences between 1.05, limited options 1.06 new function  1.07 bug correction.

I will take thos on 1.07 as this is what I have not. I set mine to aumatic in the app. If you have used different app to chec setting on all and force close each one afterwards. 

I had an issue with wheelog didn't "release" the wheel so any setting I tred to do in KS app didn't have any effect. Since then I only do setting from manufactors orginal app.

You should now be able to flick throuh different light mode. Once you do that you over ride light mode until wheel is turned off and back on again. 

Since I am not by my wheel right now this might be wrong. 

• Auto auto mode, is at 80% but speed and light dependent. so it is dimmer at standstill, picks up at speed and demendent of light (fron sun, lamps or trafic)
  • Full light both near/far section on 100%
  • Near light only
  • Off
  • (I am unsure if there is a auto more that isn't speed dependent) I always go to 100% all When I deam it night dark here. 

it is something like this anyway. Now you could possible have gotten water damage (corrotion) at the light sensor leading to miss read light input. ( had that at my power button So that made my KS16X o behave irraticly until I got it serviced. If you put you finget over the light sensor it should react to that if you have a light shining on it and cover sensor or not.