KS16S +10,000Km

Rotator

On 8/2/2019 at 12:30 AM, Rotator said:

About two years and 10,000km with a Kingsong KS16S

Only good words for this KS16S. Never had a bad experience. Rock solid wheel.

This is my second euc after a ninebot one E, which served me for another +10,000km.

In this time I had to replace the tire. It was 4000km the original one (Kenda K1039) and 6000km the replacement (Kenda K1122).

I recently have replaced the ball bearings as well, since the rotation was not as smooth as new.

Battery is in good condition yet (better than the 9b1 battery, which I had to replace at 5.000km). In this time I believe it could have lost about 20% capacity more or less, so I hope it will last for another 10,000km

Improvements that I see are:

1.- Better ilumination (I think is a general fault of near all eucs). I would need more power for the light, as well as focus over the road, to not glare other people or drivers.

2.- Magnetic pedals (which anyway I have done by DIY)

3.- Better handle (it appears to be not very robust and I do not know how much time will last), and motor stop when lifted.

4.- Better brake time (9b1 brakes are faster. May be at the expense of the battery life?)

Fantastic wheel anyway!

awesome.. the KS16S is my all time favourite wheel that i have ridden, not for everything of course but overall.. yours is obviously an older model so a couple things to point out is the handle on the V2 is much improved, it is all metal and with a stronger mechanism and also it has a physical lift sensor built in now that works fantastic.. i do agree on the magnetic pedals KS has now finally done it with the 16X but for previous models bending down and forcing the pedal to open is annoying, sometimes its very tight.. about the headlight though i know i am in the minority but i find it more than enough for anything i could ever need, i have ridden many thousands of km at night, through bike trails/off road and have never found any EUC light actually to be less than great, perhaps i just have good night vision im not sure but unless im not riding on the road/sidewalk i dont even use the light at all.. but the general consensus seems to be that only the 18 XL has a light good enough to not desire a secondary lamp.. as for brakes im not sure if its a fair comparison since the ninebot is a great deal slower than the 16S couple with the fact that it has a thinner tire and smaller/lighter profile, but again compared to all of my other wheels i have found the 16S to be excellent in braking and acceleration.. not the best of course but great for its size.. if i were for example to compare it to my V5F+ i would say it sucks.. but i cant compare that because they are very different wheels. 

glad to hear your generally good review of the 16S and how well its held up after 10000 km which is no small feat.. i havent had near that many km on a single 16S as ive had three of them, but i definitely have that many total and my 16S V2 which is my favourite by a longshot as it has a much better imo tire, and the upgraded handle with lift sensor has just over 2k km on it so far, ive had it around four months

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

I Don`t understand this feeling. I have owned ks16s v2 for a two weeks. Love the way it feels. Acceleration is good and sometimes hitting a 20 amp range when doing agressively. Is that too much or is there room for little more? Now i feel like i need a second backup wheel when charging and if i wreck my only one (like i almost did --> safety belt deployed now).  I`v been looking for MCM5 800Wh, but would the acceleration be the same and is there any point going 14". I don`t need 50km/h fast but like to go in a zip to 22-25km/h. Strange feeling almost like when i wanted all different bikes but stronger one. Addiction? :blink:. Marty praised this wheel a lot and the pope can`t be wrong.

1 hour ago, FunkyWheeling said:

Strange feeling almost like when i wanted all different bikes but stronger one. Addiction? :blink:

Yes, that exactly. Welcome to the club. :P

Of course you will need a bigger and smaller wheel. One for backup also in case a wheel gets broken. I'm not sure if MCM5 will feel that much quicker, I have not tested it. 16S is already pretty good. Probably the best case would be to have an 18" (or 16x3") cruiser for longer and faster rides and an MCM5 for nimble zipping in the city. 

Edited by UniVehje
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Pengloong said:

For me:

For long rides on flat terrain, KS16S is a fantastic cruiser, ride buttery smooth.

For trails and hilly terrain, the MCM5 is a class on its own. 

I am not a speed demon and I really love both my wheels.

This what i was after. Thank you for insight. I looking snappy/torque/nimble little speed demon and think that MCM5 would fullfill that need.

There are two very different kinds of trail riding. For smooth trails the MCM5 is seemingly very good, but the kinds of trails I ride, the pedals would get stuck on rocks all the time, and the tiny tire would just bounce around violently on every root and rut. Even 16S pedals are way too low for me now that I’ve gotten used to the MSX.

I have ridden the 16S for 9000km. It is a great wheel, but the power of the modern wheels is at a different level. For a rider who prefers peaceful cruising instead of blazing acceleration to blinding speeds, it is still a good choice.

Did my first range test today on KS-16S. 88kg plus all the gear and heavy backpack. Pretty hilly terrain. Just cruising max 25km/h. At 52km mark (witch thank god was at home stretch) I hit the good amount of voltage sag from 33% to 19% at acceleration. Softly tiltback said its time to go home :efee96588e:.  My legs are yello and hurting. This is so much fun. Truly impressed about this wheel and like Pengloong said buttery smooth when optimum tyre pressure.

• Like 1

• 10 months later...
El 8/2/2019 a las 9:30, Rotator dijo:

Unos dos años y 10.000 km con un Kingsong KS16S

Solo buenas palabras para este KS16S . Nunca tuve una mala experiencia. Rueda sólida como una roca.

Este es mi segundo euc después de un ninebot one E, que me sirvió por otros + 10,000km.

En este tiempo tuve que reemplazar el neumático. Era 4000 km el original (Kenda K1039) y 6000 km el reemplazo (Kenda K1122).

Reemplazó los rodamientos de bolas, ya que la rotación no fue tan suave como la nueva.

La batería todavía está en buenas condiciones (mejor que la batería 9b1, que tuve que reemplazar a 5.000 km). En este momento, creo que podría haber perdido aproximadamente un 20% de capacidad más o menos, así que espero que dure otros 10,000 km.

Las mejoras que veo son:

1.- Mejor iluminación (creo que es una falla general de casi todos los eucs). Necesitaría más potencia para la luz, así como enfocarme en la carretera, para no deslumbrar a otras personas o conductores.

2.- Pedales magnéticos (que de todos los modos he hecho por bricolaje)

3.- Mejor manejo (parece que no es muy robusto y no sé cuánto tiempo durará), y el motor se detiene cuando se levanta.

4.- Mejor tiempo de frenado (los frenos 9b1 son más rápidos. ¿Puede ser una costa de la duración de la batería?)

Rueda fantástica de todos modos!

Que neumático te parece mejor el k1039 o k1122