Jump to content
chrisjunlee

Kingsong 16X review/wheelog/journal 🐸

Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, EvoKnvl said:

So does that mean, the juicy update isn't a juicy update?  That it's something faulty with your wheel as @stephen has been thinking all this time?  Any more details on how widespread this is?

 

Thank you 👍 i don't think there's an issue with every wheel , i have said his wheel is faulty several times . I'm sure we would have heard more reports about the pedal flicking or where it goes so limp, maybe it's a bad batch hopefully its minimum maybe we will get some production dates , i think you'd know by now if you had the problem

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, EvoKnvl said:

So does that mean, the juicy update isn't a juicy update?  That it's something faulty with your wheel as @stephen has been thinking all this time?  Any more details on how widespread this is?

 

It was for sure not only Stephens thoughts. If I remember correctly, nearly all happy 16X riders have said that. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, stephen said:

Thank you 👍 i don't think there's an issue with every wheel , i have said his wheel is faulty several times . I'm sure we would have heard more reports about the pedal flicking or where it goes so limp, maybe it's a bad batch hopefully its minimum maybe we will get some production dates , i think you'd know by now if you had the problem

If there's any 16X's in Seattle, I'm more than happy to provide more data for us to confirm that :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, UniVehje said:

Interesting development. This could explain those few over leans that caused Kingsong to throttle early on 1.06 and why some riders are totally happy. 

Does that mean firmware 1.05 was always ok 😄 lol well never know

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, chrisjunlee said:

If there's any 16X's in Seattle, I'm more than happy to provide more data for us to confirm that :)

It would be nice to get to the bottom of this and people can ride there wheels without having that thought in the back of there head that there's something wrong, i keep testing mine on the track till it beeps so i know I'm ok, and if i go down There's no traffic about 😬 but i don't lean hard at top end but my pedals are stiff even at 28-29 mph 

Edited by stephen

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

From my Inmotion V8 manual:

-----------

"Do not drive INMOTION SCV V8 to go up and down the slopes of more than 25°. Do not conduct rapid acceleration, rapid deceleration, 

and sudden turns either."

----------

Is this just because it is a weak EUC, or perhaps because it is a normal behaviour of any EUC that just happens sooner or later, depending on performance? 

Now I'm just quoting someone who definitely knows much more than I do after seeing the Ankle flic video, regardless of whether there's a technical defect:

"This is the stupidest thing you can do." :efefa6edcf:

If this had gone on for any longer, I probably would have become anxious soon. :efefc8626c:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ElectriQ User said:

Production date of your wheel please. 

How do I look that up?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, chrisjunlee said:

How do I look that up?

In you serial number from the pedals you will see something like this: ex 190604 or 190815, yy/mm/dd. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, buell47 said:

Is this just because it is a weak EUC, or perhaps because it is a normal behaviour of any EUC that just happens sooner or later, depending on performance? 

Now I'm just quoting someone who definitely knows much more than I do after seeing the Ankle flic video, regardless of whether there's a technical defect:

"This is the stupidest thing you can do." :efefa6edcf:

If this had gone on for any longer, I probably would have become anxious soon. :efefc8626c:

Comments like that show me that person did not read what I've stated many times. From your responses, I don't think you understand either or have forgotten. Please go through and carefully re-read:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@chrisjunlee Just reading your journal it seems you've had the problem since the 3rd of August when you first noticed it , I've read the first 2 pages 😊 interesting read

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, ElectriQ User said:

In you serial number from the pedals you will see something like this: ex 190604 or 190815, yy/mm/dd. 

3rJFlry.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, chrisjunlee said:

There's are 3 possibilities:

  1. optimistic: I have a defective wheel - aka, my case is an outlier for the 16X. Not likely since with over 900 miles, everything else works fine and there are other people that have been able to pedal dip (such as @redfoxdude @BleepBloopBlop).
  2. semi-optimistic: couple of bad batches and/or there are different control boards. 
  3. cynical: this is universal, affecting all v1.0 16X control boards, but Kingsong is understating this to protect sales + dealing with the expensive warranty process. 

In my experience working in mega corporations, the textbook play is to admit as little as possible to limit liability and cost. In other words, even if case #3 is true, Kingsong will tell us #2.

On the other hand, I do understand it from the corporate side as well: the average user will not take the time to read and understand the nuances of this issue - so why have them panic? Also, perhaps this won't affect the typical rider. People like @Patton250 that average 15 mph, with gentle acceleration - it makes no difference. 

I really wish we had more user data to draw from and analyse. 

Bro I ride my 16x at 25-31 MPH constantly when I’m riding it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, chrisjunlee said:

3rJFlry.jpg

Mines 190704 older than yours 19/07/04

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Patton250 said:

Bro I ride my 16x at 25-31 MPH constantly when I’m riding it. 

TOO FAST 🔥

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, chrisjunlee said:

Update: Jason mentioned this isn't a universal problem for the 16X - it's just with mine. 

I would interpret that as there were a couple of bad batches? I guess it's similar to the bluetooth tilt interference issue - not everyone is seeing it.

Regardless, we'll see if anything changed on the new board.

Theoretically it is possibility that the wheels manufactured in the same day or week to have similar problems like yours, but...

 

1 hour ago, chrisjunlee said:

There's are 3 possibilities:

  1. optimistic: I have a defective wheel - aka, my case is an outlier for the 16X. Not likely since with over 900 miles, everything else works fine and there are other people that have been able to pedal dip (such as @redfoxdude @BleepBloopBlop).
  2. semi-optimistic: couple of bad batches and/or there are different control boards. 
  3. cynical: this is universal, affecting all v1.0 16X control boards, but Kingsong is understating this to protect sales + dealing with the expensive warranty process. 

In my experience working in mega corporations, the textbook play is to admit as little as possible to limit liability and cost. In other words, even if case #3 is true, Kingsong will tell us #2.

On the other hand, I do understand it from the corporate side as well: the average user will not take the time to read and understand the nuances of this issue - so why have them panic? Also, perhaps this won't affect the typical rider. People like @Patton250 that average 15 mph, with gentle acceleration - it makes no difference. 

I really wish we had more user data to draw from and analyse. 

"cynical: this is universal, affecting all v1.0 16X control boards, but Kingsong is understating this to protect sales + dealing with the expensive warranty process. 

In my experience working in mega corporations, the textbook play is to admit as little as possible to limit liability and cost. In other words, even if case #3 is true, Kingsong will tell us"

 

Can we make a statistic of defective 16X wheels using the production date?

 

10 minutes ago, stephen said:

Mines 190704 older than yours 19/07/04

Good batch? :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, ElectriQ User said:

Good batch? :)

Hope so 😁 

Screenshot-20191009-220430-com-android-g

Edited by stephen

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
20 minutes ago, ElectriQ User said:

everything else works fine and there are other people that have been able to pedal dip (such as @redfoxdude @BleepBloopBlop).

Can you post your batch date please so we can see if they match @chrisjunlee Batch 👍

Edited by stephen

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is the code really a production date?  Looking at @chrisjunlee's serial # 190815 is same as my second batch from Ewheels fw 1.05.  This OP started August 1.  What am I missing here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, chrisjunlee said:

people dismissed my dips as being a feature

I can't see anyone saying this is a feature it clearly isn't 

 

24 minutes ago, EvoKnvl said:

Since you said you're a data guy, I was really surprised that you haven't mentioned wanting more data points earlier.  There are other users reporting that they are unable to duplicate your finding.  These are data points that you could use to show that it's probably not a universal problem.  You'll been on a march to show that the 16x is universally defective for quite some time now.  When people were questioning if your wheel wasn't just defective, you pretty much dismissed the idea.  Your mention of "juicy" news seems to me you want the 16x to have this big defect that you were able to identify.  Even now, you chose option #3 still thinking that everyone's wheel is defective, even though others have said they cannot duplicate your dip.  

While I can appreciate you taking the time to test the limits in these wheels, I can't help but see some bias towards GW versus KS.  I do thank you for your time to find new things people may not have tried, as it can only help ALL manufacturers get better in developing their new wheels. 

I take it you read the first 2 pages then 😁

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m sure his wheel was defektiv from day 1 because 

Spoiler
On 8/3/2019 at 7:24 AM, chrisjunlee said:

== Day 4 - Fri, 8/1/2019 ==

Didn't get in much time with the 16X, but a couple of odd things happened today.

I ran some errands during the day, wheel felt a bit off, so did the horizontal calibration. Ran fine afterwards.

Plugged it in to charge, came back a couple hours later, hopped back on: there were strong vibrations, these definitely weren't normal running motor vibrations. I noticed the wheel wasn't level - it was tilted back a bit. After recalibrating, it felt fine, without any vibrations. 

Shortly after, I overleaned from a standing stop, and quickly snapped back. This caused a rapid small amplitude radial oscillation, and I had to bail. However, it was going slow enough for me to grab the wheel. Basically, I got the Kuji-wob at under 2 mph, due to me quickly snapping forward and back. FWIW I was in medium ride mode. 

There are two takeaways from this:

  1. The 16X requires frequent horizontal calibrations. I needed 2 calibrations within a 3 hour (initial calibration at 5:30pm, second calibration at 8:30pm) period. Both cases, I had charged and unplugged. Not saying that's the repro step, just saying that's the only thing I can see being common in this case.
  2. The Kuji-wob can happen on a much smaller scale, and I hope the firmware fixes it.

 

 

The problems where already there on day 4, he mentioned that the wheel felt off and did a few calibrations to fix it.

I calibrated my wheel twice, when i received it and after the 1.05 FW Update and had no problems whatsoever, no pedal dipping or strange behavior, my pedals are rock solid, this is what i love with this wheel.

My production number is 190628. FW 1.05 and no issues till now.

I also rode it in heavy rain and mud the last days and nothing happened, @eddiemoy rode it in real heavy rain when he tested the demo unit and its still running, i think chooch is playing with it now.

I think there are a few rotten eggs out there but the rest is fine :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, stephen said:

Can you post your batch date please so we can see if they match @chrisjunlee Batch 👍

Mine is a 2019.08.15 batch wheel.

Edited by redfoxdude

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...