MSX rider weight

I am considering getting an MSX 84v for winter and off road riding. I see that max rider weight is 100kg, so I have at least  5kg to loose. Anyone know if 100kg or close to 100kg is too much to ride it seated (ofcourse avoiding bumps etc.)?

I would think it should be ok 

Most specs are plus and minus 5%

Off road riding may be limited due to xtra strains due to weight 

Never tried riding seated as don't see any fun in that, but each to their own

On 8/1/2019 at 5:10 AM, hwoccurrence said:

I am considering getting an MSX 84v for winter and off road riding. I see that max rider weight is 100kg, so I have at least  5kg to loose. Anyone know if 100kg or close to 100kg is too much to ride it seated (ofcourse avoiding bumps etc.)?

where did you see that?? the max conservative rider weight is about 150 kg lol.. youre perfectly fine dont even worry about it

On 8/1/2019 at 8:10 AM, hwoccurrence said:

is too much to ride it seated

Can you ride the MSX seated? AFAIK Gotway doesn't sell a seat for it, and (depending on rider height) you'd have to bend your knees quite far to sit on it...

39 minutes ago, erk1024 said:

Can you ride the MSX seated? AFAIK Gotway doesn't sell a seat for it, and (depending on rider height) you'd have to bend your knees quite far to sit on it...

they do sell a seat.. have forever https://aliexpress.com/item/32879732772.html?pid=808_0000_0101&spm=a2g0n.search-amp.list.32879732772&aff_trace_key=&aff_platform=msite&m_page_id=323amp--ugwUSg51G2KfRNSs56OVw1564881820739

Edited by Rywokast
  • Upvote 1

Some of my seated riding. It's like riding a toilet with wheels. The squat position is above parallel for me at 163cm. No need to have your heels down unless you have godly dorsiflexion.

It's a fun extra but not a main feature.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, hwoccurrence said:

OK, thanks :)

ae2cb9684495065f68a98ffea9f29403-image.j

well that also says the safe cruising speed is 20 km/h :p hmm weird that must be an old chart or something it's definitely 325 lbs,, you can find a lot of sources saying this or just look up the msx on ewheels.. the spec is the same as the 18XL there are a lot of riders here that are heavier than 100 kg.. as long as youre not constantly jumping it off of high ledges and snap an axle youll be perfectly fine

Edited by Rywokast
  • Like 1