How about this camera for our EUCs?

Honestly, I've been using a regular old 1080p dashcam... I've had one of these little guys on the front of my wheels for a couple months now and they work great:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07G53NGBJ/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

It's small/discreet, it runs off of the USB port on the wheel so it turns on and off automatically, and it's only about $20!

It's great knowing that I always have a record of anything that might happen... And its neat getting to see some of the scenery on my rides from the wheel's point of view (tree roots and rocks can look terrifying when you approach them at speed :blink:)

Edited by Arbolest
  • Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
On 8/1/2019 at 12:26 AM, Arbolest said:

Honestly, I've been using a regular old 1080p dashcam... I've had one of these little guys on the front of my wheels for a couple months now and they work great:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07G53NGBJ/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

It's small/discreet, it runs off of the USB port on the wheel so it turns on and off automatically, and it's only about $20!

It's great knowing that I always have a record of anything that might happen... And its neat getting to see some of the scenery on my rides from the wheel's point of view (tree roots and rocks can look terrifying when you approach them at speed :blink:)

How did you mount this cam to your wheel? Thinking about doing the same on my KS 18 XL! 

1 hour ago, ElectricRemi said:

How did you mount this cam to your wheel? Thinking about doing the same on my KS 18 XL! 

I actually fabricated a waterproof mount for the camera, a headlight, and a GPS speedometer that is held on the front of the wheel with some good Velcro for easy detachment if I don't want it on for some reason. But honestly, the mount that comes with the dash cam (made to attach it to a windshield) should work more than well enough if you just stick it to a flat-ish surface at the front of the wheel. It has a ball-and-socket mount for easy positioning and comes with good mounting tape and everything! The one thing I would definitely suggest is grabbing a shorter USB cable for it. The one I linked to uses a mini USB connector, but if you want a different one, make sure to check out what it uses for power before you buy!

On 8/28/2019 at 11:14 PM, Arbolest said:

I actually fabricated a waterproof mount for the camera, a headlight, and a GPS speedometer that is held on the front of the wheel with some good Velcro for easy detachment if I don't want it on for some reason. But honestly, the mount that comes with the dash cam (made to attach it to a windshield) should work more than well enough if you just stick it to a flat-ish surface at the front of the wheel. It has a ball-and-socket mount for easy positioning and comes with good mounting tape and everything! The one thing I would definitely suggest is grabbing a shorter USB cable for it. The one I linked to uses a mini USB connector, but if you want a different one, make sure to check out what it uses for power before you buy!

I see. I have a KS18XL so I am not sure how much flat real estate there would be for mounting something 😕I would probably have to just buy the camera and make it work but for $20 it’s worth it. If it did not work on my EUC I could just use it on the car or e bike. 

On 9/2/2019 at 6:41 AM, ElectricRemi said:

I see. I have a KS18XL so I am not sure how much flat real estate there would be for mounting something 😕I would probably have to just buy the camera and make it work but for $20 it’s worth it. If it did not work on my EUC I could just use it on the car or e bike. 

Hahaha, you don't need to worry about not havning much flat real estate. I had almost none when I made my mounts!

I just made a big post on my custom mount in another thread! 

Edited by Arbolest

On 7/31/2019 at 4:38 AM, TedTheAtheist said:

https://cycliq.com

I'm not sure how we'd attach it.. but it looks super useful. Has anyone tried them yet? Or have something similar?

I bought one without reading the reviews. Oops. I wish I had. They're not good overall. 

UPDATE: The company never got back to me about returning this unopened, and I had no takers on selling it. So I used it. For me, it's about security. I'm really happy with it solely for that purpose thus far.

In this pic, the vehicle (and others behind him - guys working together) was parked in the bike lane. It's a protected lane so he could've parked in the lane for parked vehicles. Instead, I was forced out of the safety area mid-ride. 

XBnhBZi.png

Edited by Lillian
Added new info