V10F or Z10

xdino

Hello, my V8 broke down and is currently on warranty repair. But it seems that the seller will not be able to sort it in the 30 days, as required by law in Czech republic, and I will get my money back. And I started thinking about more powerful EUC to buy :). Currently in Czech republic I can get from official sources Inmotion or Ninebot, as I want to enjoy the 2 year warranty. So this limits my choices to V10F for 1640€ or Z10 for 2020€.
I am quite heavy 100 kg (220 pounds) and I mainly use the unicycle to commute to work (2 km to train station, 30 km by train and then 7 km to work). But I would like to also enjoy some long trips riding and it could include rough surfaces like trails in forests, ... I prefer to have one unit to several due to space limitation and cost.

Both EUC have some pro and cons:

V10F

• + cheaper, lighter
  •  - reported overheating in long climbs, deforming pedals for heavy riders

Z10

• + design, wide tire for trails
  • - more expensive, not so great support from Ninebot, heavy

Which EUC would you get and why? Thank you for your comments

• Like 1

There are big problems with Z10, I wouldn't recommend it. And V10F is going to have new pedals soon, you should at least wait for those. 

For that money I would consider also wheels like KS18L/XL, Nikola, KS16X. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I have tried the V10 and V10F but not the Z10. I spend way too much time thinking about the Z10 though and would love to own one but I am also allergic to having headaches over problems with wheels. But I still waaaaaaaaant it! :efee612b4b:

My riding weight is 66kg. The V10 and V10F both behave beautifully offroad. I normally ride my MSX but have done some cruises on V10 and V10F. I did a 35km cruise with some friends and the V10F was a beautiful comfortable ride which behaved lovely at speed on good roads, bad roads, and offroad. The riders who own the wheels are heavier than me and don't get great range out of them. After the cruise the V10F battery was between 35 and 40% and speed was being throttled (check out the speed reduction thread for more info regarding the aggressive speed reduction on the V10 wheels). 18L or XL would be a better choice.The V10/F is a smoother ride though. :efeeec645d:

At 3:00 in the below clip you can hear the beeps on the MSX. I leave them on sometimes so I know how fast I am going. Nils accelerates and starts getting triple beeps which is 35kmh. I am still doing fine on the V10F and it's not like any of them were flying past me (maybe a little).

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Meserias said:

UniVehje: those new pedals for V10F are already shipped with new units from May 2019 ?
do you know anything about this ?

I don't know. I just saw a picture of the new pedals. 

Thank you all for the comments. Now I got message that my V8 is repaired and ready for pick up. So no luck to get money back and I will probably put more distance on the V8 and postpone new wheel purchase to next year :( But maybe will not be able to resist the temptation and I will get the V10F ^_^

Mike Sacristan: It is pity that there is so much issues with Z10, I really likes the look of the wheel. I also don't want to deal with the problems that is why I chosen local shop so I was able to take claim the V8 personally without packing the unit and sending it. 

Are you guys buying the EUC usually from "local" shops or do you use China shops? If from china did you need to pay the additional taxes/custom fees when delivered to Europe? Do you have any recommendation for a shop located in Europe? 

17 minutes ago, xdino said:

But maybe will not be able to resist the temptation and I will get the V10F ^_^

Inmotion has promised a new VX “soon.” Should have suspension and better specs. But it could take months before it’s shipping, nobody knows. 

19 hours ago, xdino said:

Are you guys buying the EUC usually from "local" shops or do you use China shops? If from china did you need to pay the additional taxes/custom fees when delivered to Europe? Do you have any recommendation for a shop located in Europe? 

Depends on what and when.

I bought my Rockwheel GT16 from China since they don't have resellers

I bought my Mten3 512Wh from China since at the time nobody was selling it outside China

I bought my daughter's V5F from Gearbest (EU warehouse) as it was a lot cheaper (less than 400 euro) than buying locally and it's a rock solid wheel without issues, and even if it bricked, the amount is relatively low.

I bought my Inmotion V8 locally because it was my first EUC and I had very little info on where to buy them

I bought my Z10 locally because I didn't want to wait months and it's a big amount if there is a problem with the wheel.

I bought my MCM5 from SpeedyFeet as it was the only one selling them around here, and again I didn't want to wait 1-2 months before delivery.

Having local support is great, but unless you have support in your country/not far from you you still have the problem that you have a heavy device full of batteries and that warranty will usually limit itself to parts being shipped to your doorstep and you having to do the fixing yourself, since shipping the device will cost a fortune, and no seller will cover those charges. Then again, at least you will be talking to someone who understands your language and is in approx the same time zone. Dealing with Chinese tech support is a nightmare.

For good EU shops: 

- SpeedyFeet

- 1Radwerkstatt if you want Kingsong

- There is a famous one in Poland too but I forgot its name

7 hours ago, ir_fuel said:

Having local support is great, but unless you have support in your country/not far from you you still have the problem that you have a heavy device full of batteries and that warranty will usually limit itself to parts being shipped to your doorstep and you having to do the fixing yourself, since shipping the device will cost a fortune, and no seller will cover those charges. Then again, at least you will be talking to someone who understands your language and is in approx the same time zone. Dealing with Chinese tech support is a nightmare.

For good EU shops: 

- SpeedyFeet

- 1Radwerkstatt if you want Kingsong

- There is a famous one in Poland too but I forgot its name

I love my Z10, despite the fact that its broken right now and I have to endure the long wait of getting it fixed.

I have heard that it is officially released in Europe and that you can buy it from ninebot and get a warranty for it; I have also been told that ninebot is aware of the issues that had been brought up in this forum (ghost drain & connector melt-down) and that its "mostly" fixed in the new production runs. 

My impression are that the complains has been as much about the lack of communication and how they treated their dealer as the actual problem it selves, as it isn't unusual for first run wheels to encounter problems.

And aside from the issues already raised and that it is slower than other maxi-EUCs, it is a beautifully engineered and designed wheel, with multiple revolutionary features and I love riding it. But like ir_fuel said, it seems like there are no avoiding doing repairs yourself on any of these wheels.

• Like 1

I am glad that I bought my V8 locally as whole motor needs to be changed (after 800 km). I have local shop that is carrying Inmotion and Ninebot brands so I will probably stick to those brands in the future.
The prices in the  https://eunicycles.eu/en/ and 1Radwerkstatt  are better than in local shop but not so much so I will pay for my convenience to be able to claim issues locally. SpeedyFeet is probably out due to the incoming Brexit.
I will wait for a spring for a upgrade and I will see if  the Z10 issues will be solved.
Is there any information regarding upcoming Inmotion new wheel? I was not able to find anything online

Thank you all for your helpful responses