Impounded EUC!

UbeRoll

54 minutes ago, jim irish said:

UPDATE on impound: I got my Monster back last Monday at no cost to me. Also I talked to the Sergeant on Friday and while he was on phone with me he read the https://www.ada.gov/opdmd page and he agreed that I DO NOT need a license if I am disabled to ride an electric device and he said that he was going to instruct his men to let me ride it on boardwalk. I still have the court date in Nov. for driving while suspended on it but am going to call district attorney's office Tues. to see if they will just drop the charge because I broke no law.

Why would you need a license to ride an EUC anywhere?

3 hours ago, Patton250 said:

Why would you need a license to ride an EUC anywhere?

Does California law require it?

Edited by Flyboy10

41 minutes ago, Flyboy10 said:

Does California law require it?

Here is link that I found but not sure how to categorize EUCs. I was trying to find the laws everywhere. It is hard to define EUC by law in California. But cops seem to put them under same category as scooters which do need a license in California.

https://www.chp.ca.gov/programs-services/programs/california-motorcyclist-safety/motorcycles-and-similar-vehicles 

Edited by jim irish

5 minutes ago, jim irish said:

Here is link that I found but not sure how to categorize EUCs. I was trying to find the laws everywhere. It is hard to define EUC by law in California. But cops seem to put them under same category as scooters which do need a license in California.

https://www.chp.ca.gov/programs-services/programs/california-motorcyclist-safety/motorcycles-and-similar-vehicles 

I thought we all agreed most cops have no idea. Cops around Tampa don’t care.  But then again people in my neighborhood have golf carts and four wheelers. 

11 minutes ago, Patton250 said:

I thought we all agreed most cops have no idea. Cops around Tampa don’t care.  But then again people in my neighborhood have golf carts and four wheelers. 

The same cop that gave me these tickets gave my friend a ticket for having bicycle handlebars that were too high. He has not been to court yet on that. They expect people to just mail in money to pay fines or miss a whole days of work going to court. They also have a big scooter war here now, I think all electric devices are caught up in the hate for scooters here.