Impounded EUC!

UbeRoll

They had to bring in a heavy-duty tow truck to take away his unicycle. :facepalm:

I wish they had a better shot of just how small his wheel was compared to that monster.

The dichotomy is so ridiculous, that image would have been perfect.

Oh SDPD, why do you insist on bullying anyone you view as nonconformist? 

Edited by RayRay
That boardwalk is a trouble spot

Unfortunately, he got caught in San Diego's war on scooters.

https://www.kpbs.org/news/2019/jul/29/police-step-scooter-enforcement-council-member-cal/

Even though it's mostly tourists causing all the problems, this poor local fellow got caught in the crossfire.

Edited by RayRay
and cops don't like his sort anyway
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, TedTheAtheist said:

So don't ever got to San Diego to ride? Got it.

They say no sidewalk and you must have a license? I'm sure they look for other reasons to confiscate your shit.

Found this gem in the comments:

"Akira Sumida4 hours ago

EVERYONE WHO DOES NOT KNOW ABOUT THIS MAN BEING AND ONGOING ISSUE in Mission Beach and Pacific Beach, need to calm down on the handicap arguments and sympathy. IF all this guy did was JUST ride his E-cycle, it would be a very different story... This guy is notorious for riding around after drinking or being intoxicated at high speeds along the board walks and other path ways, head phones on not paying attention while crashing into people with out stopping or apologizing, and getting verbally aggressive when people confront him about it. I myself enjoy riding my electric longboard along the same areas and would stand up for anyone's right to ride legally in those areas. With that said, this guy is someone who makes other e-riders look bad which can lead to city bans and restrictions...

"drinking...high speeds...crashing into people without stopping or apologizing... getting verbally aggressive..."

Holy crap.  Way to represent the rest of us buddy.

7 hours ago, seage said:

One random commenter saying something negative isnt enough to make me believe that what they're saying is true. There can be a multitude of reasons for someone to lie, exaggerate, get the person mixed up, whatever. Its the internet, people spout off at the mouth all the time and there are rarely repercussions. I could easily say "yeah, when marty isnt filming hes riding at 50kmph on the sidewalk outside of elementary schools while kids are trying to get to their busses and parents cars. You should see the ragdoll physics on the kindergarteners!". (Sorry for using you in my example, @Marty Backe! LOL)  Who can check me on that? I can pretend i know him, or if i DO know him and don't like him, i can slander, and if people find out im lying, poof, delete/abandon account, make a new one. No sweat for me. And in that same line of thinking, i can also jump on that video and pretend i know him too. "Yeah, hes a great dude, i ride with him all the time, he doesnt even drink, so........" Total bull, i dont know him, lmao.  Anyways, yall get my point. Its just so easy to get wrapped up and pulled to one side or another on here.

Not sure which side you are taking (not that it matters but) I have ridden with him before and I can attest that he is a little on the wild side. He is loud and does ride aggressively. I don't think he runs into people on purpose but after a few drinks accidents can happen. That being said, I don't know the guy, only ridden with him. Here is a video to see his ridding style (he likes to carve as do most of us). Trying to remain neutral here as well. Like @Jimmy Chang I am waiting until the other side of the coin shows itself (aka the official police statement). Just sad that it happened and that this definitely will limit this guys mobility. We do need to be respectful of others especially since scooters are such a controversial topic nowadays. 

P.S. Sorry for the horrible footage. Failed attempt at adjusting gopro settings after watching a youtube video on how to get better color :facepalm:

Edited by Flyboy10
  • Like 1

It's worth noting that in the original video he says he was first approached by cops and given a DUI for "drinking next to his car"... which sounds like a stretched statement of the more likely reality that he was actually drinking in his car.

I got to say I run into the police often around Seattle on my V8 and get nothing but "woah cool", "I have seen you zooming all over", and "where do I buy one" has been the typical responses from them. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Flyboy10 said:

Not sure which side you are taking (not that it matters but) I have ridden with him before and I can attest that he is a little on the wild side. He is loud and does ride aggressively. I don't think he runs into people on purpose but after a few drinks accidents can happen. That being said, I don't know the guy, only ridden with him. Here is a video to see his ridding style (he likes to carve as do most of us). Trying to remain neutral here as well. Like @Jimmy Chang I am waiting until the other side of the coin shows itself (aka the official police statement). Just sad that it happened and that this definitely will limit this guys mobility. We do need to be respectful of others especially since scooters are such a controversial topic nowadays. 

P.S. Sorry for the horrible footage. Failed attempt at adjusting gopro settings after watching a youtube video on how to get better color :facepalm:

Im taking the neutral side. Im saying im skeptical of the guy that said that negative stuff, because anyone can pep up and pretend to know stuff about someone, or lie or  maybe he just doesnt like him, and can slander online. I wont let that sway my opinions in any way. Im the type to wait for facts too. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

• 4 weeks later...

Sounds pretty crazy to me; i presume he has his wheel back by now, i hope he is not waiting for a court date.  If he gets it back again, next time surely will be a solid case for harassment. 

On 8/24/2019 at 11:57 AM, jim irish said:

It is me in this video and that comment ....

Please keep us updated on how this turned/turns out. 

• Like 1