Broke my forehead after thrown by NB1 E

sati219

21 minutes ago, sati219 said:

and now I'm looking for a lawyer to deal with the issue.

I wonder whether there is anyone else had the same issue, or ongoing  class action on the product.

You pushed it after warning beeps and tiltback. You also most likely rode against the instructions and leaned too far. It’s an old and weak wheel that has working principle based on balancing. What do you think Ninebot did wrong to warrant paying you for your mistakes? 

This is why these companies put limits on all of us soon. 

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, sati219 said:

By the way, it was so painful and I was only focussed on the recovery, and now I'm looking for a lawyer to deal with the issue.

I wonder whether there is anyone else had the same issue, or ongoing  class action on the product.

Thanks in advance for any kind of feedback.

Sorry for the bad falls but I think it's not right to involve any lawyer to sue Ninebot in this case.

Like both replies above, it's not the manufacture or the wheel fault. Even if any lawyer will accept your case it will be very difficult case to win.

Thank you for sharing this valuable lesson for all of us. Hoping for your fast recovery :innocent1:

• Like 3

1 hour ago, sati219 said:

Hope no one else get this kind of terrible accident again, and ALWAYS WEAR HELMET.

Don't make the same stupid mistake as I did.

Thank you for sharing this despite your serious injuries and pain. I am very sorry to hear about your accident. I hope you recover quickly so you can ride again soon. 

I don't want to sound callous or insensitive, but maybe you and others will find some wisdom and [twisted] humour in the clip below.

'A man's got to know his [wheel's] limitations'. :blink:

Edited by litewave

Why would you involve a lawyer? Your description clearly paints this as fully user error. I wouldn't even ride my Gotway wheels as you did.

Sorry you had to learn the hard way not to ignore the warnings from the wheel. Hope your recovery proceeds smoothly - recovering from an injury is never fun.

Edited by Marty Backe
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, sati219 said:

By the way, it was so painful and I was only focussed on the recovery, and now I'm looking for a lawyer to deal with the issue.

I just took my car for a spin. I approached a 90 degree left-hand turn at approx 100mph and crashed into a tree and hurt my head big time.

it was so painful and I was only focussed on the recovery, and now I'm looking for a lawyer to deal with the issue.

I wonder whether there is anyone else had the same issue, or ongoing  class action on the product.

ffs ...

• Like 2

3 hours ago, ir_fuel said:

I just took my car for a spin. I approached a 90 degree left-hand turn at approx 100mph and crashed into a tree and hurt my head big time.

it was so painful and I was only focussed on the recovery, and now I'm looking for a lawyer to deal with the issue.

I wonder whether there is anyone else had the same issue, or ongoing  class action on the product.

ffs ...

Definitely the tree fault.. Those trees just grow wherever they like, spreading around uncontrollably like electric scooters in Venice Beach :furious:

• Upvote 1

Thanks for your feedbacks. I really appreciate it.

I don't want to become a black consumer, and admit that it's all my fault having the serious injury. It wouldn't happen if I wore helmet, and I shouldn't push it to it's limit.

However, as V10 does, I had expected that it would tilt back again, instead of just turning off.

In case of V10, it does like,

[ lean forward and hit max speed -> beeps and tilts back to slow down -> return to normal ->  lean forward and hit max speed -> beep and tilt back to slow down ... ] 

But, in this case, it was like,

[ lean forward and hit max speed -> beeps and tilts back to slow down -> return to normal -> lean forward and hit max speed -> beeps and... turned off this time ]

Maybe, I was more used to V10, and I might pushed too much on this entry model EUC.

The reason why I mentioned on "lawyer thing" was just wanted to make sure whether it's possible that there is defect on the design, and wondered any other person had the same issue.

And it seems like it's only me, and, as I said, I'm ready to accept it as full of my responsibility.  ;)

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, sati219 said:

The reason why I mentioned on "lawyer thing" was just wanted to make sure whether it's possible that there is defect on the design, and wondered any other person had the same issue.

The old Ninebot is just very weak. Most likely it simply didn't have the time and power to react before it was overwhelmed.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Even if you go the lawyer route, good luck suing a Chinese company.

We do live in a litigious society. I've never used a lawyer and hope to go to my grave without ever using one. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, litewave said:

I don't want to sound callous or insensitive, but maybe you and others will find some wisdom and [twisted] humour in the clip below.

'A man's got to know his [wheel's] limitations'. :blink:

Thanks for your feedback, and I will be more careful being aware of one's own limitations. ;)

I think I was used to V10, and confused on entry model's limitation.

• Like 2

It's ok, it's good that you're recovering and that you're taking to heart what everyone else is saying.  Many others would double down on their mistakes after being confronted by them.  You didn't, and you're a better person for it.

It goes without saying that the less attention we draw from the legal sphere, the better.  EUCs operate in that uncomfortable realm of "not quite scooters/bikes but also not quite automobile", and as such what is considered proper usage is widely open to interpretation.  This means anyone with authority can come in and legislate based on practically any statistic they can point a finger at.  Let's try not to appear as a statistic.

Edited by leadfeathers
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

It’s an old wheel. You might want to check the batteries. There might be a bad cell in there and that could cause a voltage drop in the case like you just described. 

8 hours ago, sati219 said:

However, as V10 does, I had expected that it would tilt back again, instead of just turning off.

The V10 is a much more powerfull wheel, as you'd already considered:

8 hours ago, sati219 said:

Maybe, I was more used to V10, and I might pushed too much on this entry model EUC.

But the same is true for the V10 - if you overpower him you'll facplant. This will just happen at a bit higher speeds and/or accelerations.

Electric wheel motors provide less acceleration (torque) the faster one goes. So about every EUC can be overleaned - the powerfull newest generation wheels just need much more commitment.

And do not rely 100% on the warning beeps and tiltback! Although this warnings will come in most "normal" situations, one can accelerate with ?all/most? wheels fast enough to overlean it without reaching tiltback speed. The weaker the wheel, the easier.

Edited by Chriull
  • Upvote 2

10 hours ago, sati219 said:

How do you know that it turned off?

17 hours ago, sati219 said:

I believe I have seen several falls which seem to be similar, but can currently only find one of them:

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Mono said:

How do you know that it turned off?

I don't remember exactly, but I felt that suddenly I couldn't feel any acceleration on my feet, and I found myself on the street. That's why I said "turned off", but not sure it was really turned off or not.

If you check the video at 0:23, it seems like the EUC just stopped working, and very similar thing happened to me.

I should took off from it and run as he did in the video, but I was not ready at all and fell straight forward.  :'(

8 hours ago, Chriull said:

And do not rely 100% on the warning beeps and tiltback!

Thanks for your feedback. When I hear beep, I tilt back and don't push further, even when I'm on V10.

Maybe, it was not clear on the original post, but as I wrote in the reply, it stopped working after warning beep without giving me a time to tilt back.

At this point, I feel like I should treat the waring beep as serious as GPWS(Ground Proximity Warning System) warning in air plane, which not a single pilot want to hear in his lifetime.

From now on, I will ride EUC carefully not to hear the warning beep again.  :)

Anyway, hope manufactures add additional option to warn riders before reaching such a critical condition.

I don't remember exactly, but I felt that suddenly I couldn't feel any acceleration on my feet, and I found myself on the street. That's why I said "turned off", but not sure it was really turned off or not.

If you check the video at 0:23, it seems like the EUC just stopped working, and very similar thing happened to me.

I could be wrong, but the situation in the video looks like a prototypical overlean to me. The wheel was just not powerful enough to sustain the push and gave in, then the tip of the right foot scratch the ground and that was it. You can also see that the wheel is still spinning with power when the tire hits the ground after it was in the air for a moment.

I should took off from it and run as he did in the video, but I was not ready at all and fell straight forward.  :'(

Agreed, it's not easy to be prepared for this, but worthwhile trying.

4 hours ago, sati219 said:

At this point, I feel like I should treat the waring beep as serious as GPWS(Ground Proximity Warning System) warning in air plane, which not a single pilot want to hear in his lifetime.

It's not as grave - accelerate and have fun as long as you ride slow, get a bit more conservative at medium speeds and relax once you're in the beeping/tiltback region and you' ll be fine.

Regard also that every incline is a acceleration for the wheel - so the steeper the incline the more one has to reduce speed before reaching the incline.