Strange progress...freaked out!

AlexEssex

Okay, so its something like day 5 or 6 maybe. Now, i just walked by my ninebot in the house and see it propped up, and thought 'hey lets switch it on and have another go / try of one foot on the ground, one foot on wheel' literally knowing I cant do this yet, but somehow, i dont know how, its really weird but i can do the full semi-circles now, and now full circles with one foot on ground and one on pedal just spinning as I please. I can really feel the tension in my foot trying to keep a good firm grip of the pedal one footed, taking a little break now, but later on going to try practicing this again. How this happened I have no idea because ive been struggling. But today I can actually do a practice excersise. Very weird indeed!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, meepmeepmayer said:

Your brains needs time to learn, too. You literally get better overnight. That's why breaks are as important to learning as is the actual riding. Something doesn't work? Just try again the next day or the day after that.

There's this common situation whereas you struggle with something for quite a while, give up, fetch someone for help, and in the process of demonstrating to someone, succeed at what you were initially failing at. You then swear you had trouble doing it before.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, LanghamP said:

There's this common situation whereas you struggle with something for quite a while, give up, fetch someone for help, and in the process of demonstrating to someone, succeed at what you were initially failing at. You then swear you had trouble doing it before.

My car does that all the time...struggles, then figures it out when I take it to the mechanic 😂

My wheels never fail me though (which is why the car has been collecting dust since January) 😁

then it was just a mental barrier that you subconsciously broke past, like a lot of things in life we have the power to do, but that nagging brain tries to convince us we cant.. i always like to think anyone can easily learn to ride an EUC (ok not paraplegics but you know what i mean) but different people have different mindsets and mental barriers that are harder to break through.. balance is something intuitive not taught its just learning how the machine reacts, and getting past your natural fear that determines how long it will take you to master... riding backwards is a greater test of this as the sensation is not so natural :P

Edited by Rywokast
  • Upvote 1