N1-B v2 2019 parameters

Syagros

Hi, I just received a KS-N1-B here in Norway. It looks to be a V2 2019 variant as it looks like Kingsongs V2 2019 video on Youtube, however mine has one disc-brake in the back, not the front. It’s brand new.

Im reaching out to the community to get an overview of parameter settings for the cycle as the documentation only lists P01, P09, P16 and P17 I believe. There are many more parameters in between there and I would like to know what they all mean. Do any of you have an overview? It also looks like there have been changes to software from the documentation as the parameteres listed there does not always line up with what I see. For instance, headlight is turned on by holding + in 3 seconds, while the docs says  holding -. 

Thanks for any help.

On 7/29/2019 at 5:00 PM, Syagros said:

Hi, I just received a KS-N1-B here in Norway. It looks to be a V2 2019 variant as it looks like Kingsongs V2 2019 video on Youtube, however mine has one disc-brake in the back, not the front. It’s brand new.

Im reaching out to the community to get an overview of parameter settings for the cycle as the documentation only lists P01, P09, P16 and P17 I believe. There are many more parameters in between there and I would like to know what they all mean. Do any of you have an overview? It also looks like there have been changes to software from the documentation as the parameteres listed there does not always line up with what I see. For instance, headlight is turned on by holding + in 3 seconds, while the docs says  holding -. 

Thanks for any help.

I am in the exact same situation (in norway as well). I actually changed some of these parameters and suddenly the throttle was no longer working😳, so I had to try and find out what I had changed to make it work again😅

I have used all the settings in the spreadsheet attached above and I get max speed of 7-8km/h (same on all 3 speed settings) so yes is something wrong here for sure.. anyone know what can be the issue?

This is what I received from Kingsong when I contacted them: 

P# Default value Function
P01 5 LCD backlight
P02 0 Mile/ Kilometer exchange “0” means km/h ; “1” means mph
P03 48 Voltage mode: 24/ 36/ 48/ 60/ 72; Voltage of our battery cells is 48V
P04 10 Sleep time: “0-255” minutes
P05 5  
P06 10  
P07 15  
P08 10 Tire diameter
P09 30 Magnetic steel setting
P10 100 Speed limitation setting
P11 0 Start mode setting: default setting is “0”. 0 means immediately start. “1” means non-immediately start .
P12 2  
P13 1  
P14 3  
P15 12  
P16 12  
P17 41.5  
P18 1  
P19 0  
P20 1 Speed cruise: “0” means turn off speed cruise. “1” means long press “-” to turn on speed cruise. “2” means turn handle bar to turn on speed cruise.
P26 30.4  
P31 1  
P32 1 Front light on/ off. “0” can’t turn on front light with panel button. “1” can turn on front light with panel button
P33 1  
P34 1  
P35 300 Watt on ECO
P36 700 Watt on medium
P37 1000 Watt on high

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Yngvar. If you purchased it as locked to 22km/h, then you have to bring it back to the store. This lock can only be removed using the Kingsong Engineer App which is only given to authorised re-sellers. If you purchased it as unlocked, then you can set the speed yourself in the P10 menu.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 8/22/2019 at 1:44 PM, Ailarian said:

Hi Yngvar. If you purchased it as locked to 22km/h, then you have to bring it back to the store. This lock can only be removed using the Kingsong Engineer App which is only given to authorised re-sellers. If you purchased it as unlocked, then you can set the speed yourself in the P10 menu.

Hi: Have you tested and verified this? Can I unlock it and set P10 to 30 to get 30km/h? (or is the setting some kind of percentage of max power? )

its my understanding that not all parameters are used , its the same motherboard as used in other models and all settings does not apply. ..and that the firmware is still under development.

• 1 month later...

Hi all.

I've been trying to change P20 to 1 for turn on speed cruise (with push some sec on "-") It doesn't seem to work - ie I haven't got to work. Now I'm in the "happy" situation that I own 2 Kingsong KS-N1 V2 and none of them understand "1" ... some who knows if it needs a firmware update for this to work?

Hi guys,

I bought the same scooter as you today.But I'm not able to change anything by app Kingson_New.

Please, can you help me which app should I use?I'm not even able to switch on the light and if I try to to do so, then noise and light flash is coming.

Another think, how can I check or change the parameters that you talking above?

I'm total newbie :)

Thanks a lot for your help guys.

Frank

• 5 months later...
On 3/31/2020 at 10:43 AM, Hes said:

Have any of you made it go faster than 22?

Hi Hes. If you purchased it as locked to 22km/h, then you have to bring it back to the store. This lock can only be removed using the Kingsong Engineer App which is only given to authorised re-sellers. If you purchased it as unlocked, then you can set the speed yourself in the P10 menu.

On 4/4/2020 at 4:25 PM, Ailarian said:

Hi Hes. If you purchased it as locked to 22km/h, then you have to bring it back to the store. This lock can only be removed using the Kingsong Engineer App which is only given to authorised re-sellers. If you purchased it as unlocked, then you can set the speed yourself in the P10 menu.

It was going faster before they had to change motherboard, so they probably replaced it with a locked one. They are sending me a new motherboard now so I can change it myself 👍

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/2/2019 at 9:50 PM, clot said:

I found this out so far, the manual must be wrong. I wrote down all the settings in this excel file, and I have yet to figure them all out, help me fill inn what you find out.

Here is the excel file: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/13Hg2CucieK-Bf-DnqDzm4PHSvuIYXTdWJlcf4QHN8II/edit?usp=sharing

Seems like some idiot has translated the entire document :furious:  Can you please roll it back to the last understandable version?

Does this scooter have regenerative braking? My scooter seems to be a cross between v1 and v2 with v2 suspension and exterior but only rear brake, a different settings menu, same display, but doesn't have regen which is very strange. 

On 4/17/2020 at 3:02 PM, Ailarian said:

Seems like some idiot has translated the entire document :furious:  Can you please roll it back to the last understandable version?

English is on a different sheet (tab) 

• 1 month later...

Hi. Have any one tried to use Softtuner, Darkbot or Kingsong app to unlock KS-N1-B? From my understanding "Kingsong Engineer App" is the same as "SoftTuner", where you can login with guest. I will be getting my scooter this week, unsure if I should pay to get it unlocket or try it myself first.

• 2 months later...
On 6/9/2020 at 7:18 PM, Ola Normann said:

Hi. Have any one tried to use Softtuner, Darkbot or Kingsong app to unlock KS-N1-B? From my understanding "Kingsong Engineer App" is the same as "SoftTuner", where you can login with guest. I will be getting my scooter this week, unsure if I should pay to get it unlocket or try it myself first.

Hei, did you find out how to unlock it, or did you send it back to the retailer?