Playing song with 18xl

Ali karami

Use the Bluetooth settings in your device to pair to "KingSong Music".  Then anything you play from your device will play through the wheel speakers.  You don't actually need to do anything in the KingSong app.

Edited by neurokinetik
  • Upvote 1

While finding the wheel in the app works immediately it can take a few minutes to find it via bluetooth. At least this is the case for me. Don't be to impatient.

• 5 months later...

I also have a KS18XL and I have yet to figure out how to play music through the speakers.

On 7/28/2019 at 1:48 PM, neurokinetik said:

Use the Bluetooth settings in your device to pair to "KingSong Music".  Then anything you play from your device will play through the wheel speakers.  You don't actually need to do anything in the KingSong app.

There is no "KingSong Music" station listed in discoverable Bluetooth devices under settings on my iPhone. There is only "KS-18L-5100" which is, of course, my wheel which it must connect to in order for the KS app to work. Even if there were a "KingSong Music" device shown, the phone can only connect to one device at a time.

While connected to "KS-18L-5100" and having the "Bluetooth Music Switch" turned on within the KS app, still no music with play through the wheel's speakers. Music played on my phone simply plays through the phone's speakers. See screenshots:

iPhone Bluetooth.png

KS Bluetooth Music Switch.png

On 1/4/2020 at 3:10 PM, Bridgeboy said:

There is no "KingSong Music" station listed in discoverable Bluetooth devices under settings on my iPhone. There is only "KS-18L-5100" which is, of course, my wheel which it must connect to in order for the KS app to work. Even if there were a "KingSong Music" device shown, the phone can only connect to one device at a time.

I finally got it to work today! It took me constantly turning on and off the music switch in the KS app and then returning to my iPhone General Settings and Bluetooth section and eventually the "KingSongMusic" station eventually appeared! I don't know why it was so problematic to appear before, but it is now there and I was very happy with using it today on a long 48-mile ride.

(Also, apparently you can connect to both the wheel "KS-18L-5100" and the "KingSongMusic" "devices" simultaneously...)

FINALLY Connected to KingSongMusic.png

Edited by Bridgeboy
Added screenshot
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...
On 1/5/2020 at 7:20 PM, Bridgeboy said:

I finally got it to work today! It took me constantly turning on and off the music switch in the KS app and then returning to my iPhone General Settings and Bluetooth section and eventually the "KingSongMusic" station eventually appeared! I don't know why it was so problematic to appear before, but it is now there and I was very happy with using it today on a long 48-mile ride.

(Also, apparently you can connect to both the wheel "KS-18L-5100" and the "KingSongMusic" "devices" simultaneously...)

THIS!!! Had the same issue with an lemfo lemT on ks18 fw 2.0     EucWorld was working, kingsong app could see both bluetooth devices, but the lemfo wouldnt show music. After flipping it on/off via ks app a few times, it works great, no need to run any apps, it paired and music plays. THANKS!!!