Tesla "Suspension" Seat Mod

• 2 months later...
16 minutes ago, Rabal said:

1. do you think if i can apply this seat to my euc?

2. Where can i find this bracket? 

@Rabal 

1. You should be able to make this work quite easily on your Inmotion V8F

2. I bought my 2 brackets from Ali Express, but they are also available on Amazon.  Link to my seller is: Bike Saddle Shocks Absorber Spring Aluminium alloy Bike Shock Absorber

3 hours ago, Rabal said:

Thank you so much but i am not sure if plastic shell of my v8f can carry my weight when i sit. Do you think it can do this job?

I cannot guarantee that, as I don't know your weight and do not own the V8F. Having said that, Inmotion wheels are built pretty tough so you may well be just fine! Of course, any modification made to any EUC is at the owners risk.

• 2 months later...
On 7/27/2019 at 12:42 AM, fbhb said:

After recently seeing @Marty Backes video, which credited @Ando Melkonyan for the initial idea, I finally received  2 of the “bicycle suspension device” brackets to modify my Tesla for seated riding.  Wow, even though I say it myself, I am really stoked and impressed with how well this has all worked out. 

Up until yesterday I have never been able to give seated riding a go, but took the Tesla out and covered 52kms, mainly seated, at the first try!

Obviously, there was a settling in period to transitioning from standing to sitting and the actual position of the saddle did need tweaking as I felt I was sitting just a little too far forward.  I have now moved the saddle back about 25mm (1inch), so the next ride should be a lot more dialled in. 

As far as @Marty Backes initial concerns regarding lateral stability are concerned (when using 2 brackets, rather than 1), I can assure him that 2 brackets do actually mount up extremely solidly.  I have purposely left the band clamps exposed, so that I can periodically check the tension, but initial impressions are very favourable as it all remained firmly in place after 52kms including some bumpy off road terrain in places. 

With using 2 brackets I also found that there is a good amount of spring/suspension effect when needed on rough surfaces. 

Another plus for this set up was that it has also offered me a place to mount a rear “Serfas” light that I already had.  Also, there is no need to use the trolley handle with the seat being tall enough to use instead without crouching.

Anyway, take a look at the photos to get an idea of how well it looks without having the saddle mounted at an upward angle and also offering a height of 600mm (24inches) above the pedals!!!

Seat1.jpg

Seat2.jpg

Seat3.jpg

Seat4.jpg

Seat5.jpg

Seat6.jpg

Hey.

i know this is super old but... 

i started making the seat you suggested. I’m doing it on my INMOTION v8. However when I put it all together it’s super wobbly left and right. Is this something I have to get used too or did u do something about it? 

20 minutes ago, CharlesRomer said:

However when I put it all together it’s super wobbly left and right. Is this something I have to get used too or did u do something about it? 

I had absolutely No wobble left and right with the fitment to my Tesla, so maybe the clamping/securing of the suspension brackets needs to be done up tighter.

12 minutes ago, fbhb said:

I had absolutely No wobble left and right with the fitment to my Tesla, so maybe the clamping/securing of the suspension brackets needs to be done up tighter.

The brackets are super tight. I think it’s the point where the brackets meet the handle of the wheel. I used the hose clamp but don’t know how those provide so much stability.

I’ve tried using 2 suspension brackets aswell as just one. 

any other ideas? 

8 minutes ago, CharlesRomer said:

I think it’s the point where the brackets meet the handle of the wheel.

That definitely sounds like your issue then! In my case with the Tesla, the bracket tended to wedge itself onto the handle, due to the handle's tapered profile which really did offer a very stable connection.  You could try using a piece of leather to pack out the fit between the skinny handle and the bracket and see if that helps?

Edited by fbhb

• 1 year later...
On 7/26/2019 at 7:42 PM, fbhb said:

Anyway, take a look at the photos to get an idea of how well it looks without having the saddle mounted at an upward angle and also offering a height of 600mm (24inches) above the pedals!!!

Seat1.jpg

With this seat, are you still able to grip the wheel tightly with your legs?

9 hours ago, Julian Lo said:

With this seat, are you still able to grip the wheel tightly with your legs?

Yes, I had no problem at all gripping the wheel plus the seat itself acts as a point of contact to grip the wheel during braking!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

It's so sad they don't sell these kind of seats. The energy effiency of seated EUC riding probably beats any vechicle out there, yet the EUC companies don't care about making proper seats. And sitting down on an EUC with no suspension is going to hurt your ass often or make you lose control - and all EUC's with suspension weigh too much and are bad for jumping. This is a big need. When such a seat is sold on the market, come to this thread! I have considered to buy a Kingsong 16x, but with its non-straight handlebar, it seems difficult to install such a seat yourself, and really, I'm not a craftsman type either ...

Edited by Michael Viera