Nikola 100v 1845 from China arrived but...

Well I just got my Nikola 100v 1845 wheel from China, but the box was opened and there was no charger, just a damn note saying I'm now a valued Ali customer.  So damn pissed off, but I guess it's my fault.  The thing is worthless without a charger.  UGH!

IMG_0894.thumb.JPG.a57202c8dfb1e3a924f7655a2af5e16d.JPG

Edited by Jim Martin
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Jim Martin said:

Well I just got my Nikola 100v 1845 wheel from China, but the box was opened and there was no charger, just a damn note saying I'm now a valued Ali customer.  So damn pissed off, but I guess it's my fault.  The thing is worthless without a charger.  UGH!

@Jim Martin, although it is obviously dis-heartening to have the wheel turn up without the charger all is not lost.  It has been posted elsewhere on the forums by others that the Nikola 100v Plus Does Not come with the charger in the box and that it will arrive separately in it's own box. 

The reason for this is that the 100v charger is much larger than the dedicated spot in the foam packaging, so it will arrive at some point. 

Some have at least stated that their Nikola Plus arrived with a 100% charge, so were able to have an initial test ride, but yeah bit of a bummer not knowing this beforehand!!!

1 minute ago, fbhb said:

@Jim Martin, although it is obviously dis-heartening to have the wheel turn up without the charger all is not lost.  It has been posted elsewhere on the forums by others that the Nikola 100v Plus Does Not come with the charger in the box and that it will arrive separately in it's own box. 

The reason for this is that the 100v charger is much larger than the dedicated spot in the foam packaging, so it will arrive at some point. 

Some have at least stated that their Nikola Plus arrived with a 100% charge, so were able to have an initial test ride, but yeah bit of a bummer not knowing this beforehand!!!

WTF, why would they do this?  So I wait another month for the damn charger???

Just now, Jim Martin said:

Hopefully, it was sent at the same time as the wheel and my not be too far away.  You are not on your own, everyone that has just taken delivery from China has said exactly the same.  Does it at least have some charge in it, if so how much???

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, fbhb said:

Hopefully, it was sent at the same time as the wheel and my not be too far away.  You are not on your own, everyone that has just taken delivery from China has said exactly the same.  Does it at least have some charge in it, if so how much???

Yep, it's at 99.2 Volts.  But not even worth riding if I get the high and then can't ride anymore.  I haven't gotten any tracking information on another package arriving from China so who knows where the hell it is.  I'm just about done with GotWay, they suck!

13 minutes ago, Jim Martin said:

Yep, it's at 99.2 Volts.  But not even worth riding if I get the high and then can't ride anymore.  I haven't gotten any tracking information on another package arriving from China so who knows where the hell it is.  I'm just about done with GotWay, they suck!

I don't think it's fair to hold the manufacturer of the product responsible for the actions or inactions of a private aliexpress reseller, but i totally understand you being bummed out. A new one would be expensive on top of taking time to receive. 

Try to contact the aliexpress seller via their messaging system but keep the messages short and to the point and use as simple english as possible for best results wait one business day in between sending them new messages if they're yet to respond. Good luck.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, xiiijojjo said:

I don't think it's fair to hold the manufacturer of the product responsible for the actions or inactions of a private aliexpress reseller, but i totally understand you being bummed out. A new one would be expensive on top of taking time to receive. 

Try to contact the aliexpress seller via their messaging system but keep the messages short and to the point and use as simple english as possible for best results wait one business day in between sending them new messages if they're yet to respond. Good luck.

The manufacturer chose to ship out chargers separately because they don't fit in the box.  So who know where the hell my charger is, somewhere on a boat probably, thanks GotWay!

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Jim Martin said:

C.H.I.N.A.   They don't have the Western mindset :)

FWIW, I'm missing the charger too.

• Like 1

Third owner missing the charger here :blink1:

My solution: while waiting for the normal charger to arrive, ordered the fast charger from ewheels, and it will arrive in couple days.

• Upvote 1

BTW, I assume everyone's voltage readout on the side of the wheel is not working?

I surmise that Gotway designed the hardware for the 84-volt wheel and decided to be lazy and not make a new version for the 100-volt models. Just like they were lazy in not redesigning the packaging for the 100-volt charger.

Lame, but I'm not surprised.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

BTW, I assume everyone's voltage readout on the side of the wheel is not working?

I surmise that Gotway designed the hardware for the 84-volt wheel and decided to be lazy and not make a new version for the 100-volt models. Just like they were lazy in not redesigning the packaging for the 100-volt charger.

My 100v Nikola shows the voltage on the side, and correctly.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, edwin_rm said:

My 100v Nikola shows the voltage on the side, and correctly.

Thanks for that. Mine doesn't. And someone else posted that theirs didn't.

But great to know it's not a 100-volt wheel issue, just a broken meter.

2 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

Mine shows 99.6 when first turned on.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

OK, so it was just pointed out to me that the display shows "--.-" until the voltage drops below 100-volts. So when the wheel is fully charged it appears to not be functioning.

@maltocs, your voltage display is indeed working properly.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

OK, so it was just pointed out to me that the display shows "--.-" until the voltage drops below 100-volts. So when the wheel is fully charged it appears to not be functioning.

@maltocs, your voltage display is indeed working properly.

At least we know there was a really good charge in it when received. It also shows you REALLY meant it when you said you don't really care about the existence of this LED for you not to notice after the range test.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, maltocs said:

At least we know there was a really good charge in it when received. It also shows you REALLY meant it when you said you don't really care about the existence of this LED for you not to notice after the range test.

Exactly. But after @Mrd777 mentioned the behavior (he has the 100-volt base model) I went and turned on your wheel to see ~88-volts.

I'll ask you in 6-months how often you use yours :)

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, houseofjob said:

After thinking it through, I think it's possibly because they're using the same volt meter as 84V, so there's not extra digit for the 100's.

I think this is the same reason you can't right hobbyist's chargers for 100V reading.

You're absolutely correct. Just like Gotway didn't modify their box packaging to accommodate the bigger 100-volt charger, they also didn't bother to upgrade the Digital LED display.

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, houseofjob said:

After thinking it through, I think it's possibly because they're using the same volt meter as 84V, so there's not extra digit for the 100's.

12 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

Just like Gotway didn't modify their box packaging to accommodate the bigger 100-volt charger

:facepalm:

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

46 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

You're absolutely correct. Just like Gotway didn't modify their box packaging to accommodate the bigger 100-volt charger, they also didn't bother to upgrade the Digital LED display.

Good thing about all this: I no longer make common sense, mindless consumer assumptions any more when I get a wheel now, I always check for possible issues *smh.

Edited by houseofjob
  • Like 2

• 9 months later...
On 7/28/2019 at 11:05 AM, Marty Backe said:

EDIT: my 100V Nikola 21700 does show "100".

Edited by xorbe